View Single Post
Old 10-23-06, 11:29 AM
Carusoswi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=DnvrFox]Maybe you aren't pedaling fast enough - your cadence is too slow?

Or, maybe my super long gear selection causes me to mash the pedals with such downward force that my Stelvios cannot take the pressure.

Actually, after getting home and having a chance to inspect the insides of the tires, I have concluded that my initial assumption was probably correct. There are one or two punctures through the tire casing that I had patched from the inside using those stick on tube repair kits. I discovered that the patches had developed holes (either something punctured the patch from outside the tire, or pressure of the tube from inside eventually pushed a hole through the patch, in which case, the tube most certainly would have failed almost immediately.

I cut new patches from the tube with the failed valve connection and glued them to the inside of the tire with the permanent rubber glue from one of my old repair kits. I'm going to give that tire one more chance. I'm guessing that this should fix it.

Haven't had a chance to evaluate whether or not I'll feel the effects of the tube patches when the tire rotates. If I feel it and it is too annoying, I'll pitch the tire.

Caruso