Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bighit Review so far

Quick little review. My first day was a xc ride on a dh rig. I now have a jr T setup but wanted to see how this thing was overall on basic trails. Needless to say it was as good as expected it sucked. Too much bob blah blah...anyways I didn't expect miracles so I am not complaining about that.

This bike SHINED...and I mean bright,...when I hit this really technical uphill section. On my ht the bike always got stuck. I couldn't maintain enough speed to float over the roots and rockgarden part way up (yes this is also a dh section). I hit the section at a slow speed just to test her out. She just floated over every obstacle. No sticking, no stopping, as long as I kept my feet moving this bike will not be stopped. On the uphill sections in whistler this bike will rocks.

On hits this thing soaks up drops. I haven't nailed anything too big but I am still getting a feel for it. I spent 4.5 hours today at the trials park (skinnies, drops etc...) practicing the basics. I also switched the brakes to moto style. This means I crashed a lot. I couldn't control my wheelies anymore and basically this wrecked havok on my basic bike control. But I did nail a 3 footer a few times and enjoyed the hits. Not knee or back pain just pure dually joy. On the skinnies this bike also shined. Wheelie drops were easy, technical control on skinnies is good and I still find this bike whippaple.

Now I went to the djs to really abuse the bike. About an hour later and playing with the settings this thing is dialed. it flew over the jumps, which when I screwed up it successfully stayed upright. No washout. It isn't really built for good djs so I went back to my ht to have fun with it too. Either way it rocked.

In Short, this bike is everything I wanted. I will be keeping a dj2 around with a spare race for trail and xc riding (put it in short mode and have some fun) and a super T (or another dc) to throw into long travel mode for the freeriding or dh sections. This really is a do it all bike. And man talk about fun. Anyways I need to ice my elbow (nasty wheelie crash).

Cheers