Gone, but not forgotten

Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In case anyone is interested:
Originally Posted by MEC CSR
I'm sorry to say that the ETA for our new MEC Hydrocycle Men's Cycling Jacket (5010-578, $115.00) has been pushed back to January 2007, for reasons that are described in the following product note:

06.08.23: This program will be delayed due to major issues with the reflective tape. We discovered prior to production beginning that the 3M reflective tape that we sourced for this garment will not adhere to DWR-coated fabrics, such as this. We sourced another option, NyloLite, which has been successfully tested, and we will be moving ahead with this material. However, this issue has seriously delayed production, as we missed the original production window with our supplier, who is fully booked. We are awaiting confirmation from Production, but at this point in time, we expect to receive our first order in early December."

The current ETA for the Hydrocycle is now January 5/07. Unfortunately, this is beyond the 30-day limit that we require for backorders, so cannot be ordered at this time.

I'm sorry for any disappointment that this may cause you. Our MEC Whoosh Men's Cycling Jacket (5007-952, $175.00) is similar to the Hydrocycle, but uses the 3-ply Dermizax EV membrane, which is more breathable (and more expensive) than the Hydrocycle's Entrant coating, and has a zip-up tail flap, which allows the Whoosh to be worn as a hiking or urban jacket, increasing its versatility. If you would accept it as an alternative, the Whoosh is available immediately, and can be seen and ordered on the following site:

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...=1161267786055
I ended up with the ever-popular SuperMicroft jacket in black because I couldn't wait until winter was half over to have a proper jacket.