Old 10-24-06, 08:06 PM
Miguelangel

Bikes: Lemond Tourmalet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New old Bike, thanks guys

I just wanted to thank all of you guys that write in this forum. You have been of great help in making decisions getting and preparing a bike now that I’m returning to biking after 14 years and 20 kilos heavier. (5’11”and 112 kg.) My goal is to be able exercise, run errands, commute to work and keep up with my wife whenever we go back to her dear Denmark to visit and rent bikes to get around. In case you are wondering, I followed advice on getting a used bike before going with a new one and keeping a low budget before I truly get in shape and can truly spend big money. I was able to get a very lightly used (used about 10 times and no scratches) Diamondback Response 2005 (newspaper classifieds) for $200.00. This included set of lights, two sets of pedals (clip and platform) upgrades in Shimano cogs, derailleur and brakes, helmet and a Thule bicycle carrier that fits in my Thule rack. After I discounted the extras I calculated I paid for the bike about $60.00. The tires are Hemisphere 26X 1.95. I just added a riser ($14.00) to raise the handle bar, bought a rear rack (EBay $12.00) and a B-17 Brooks saddle (EBay $48.00). This replaced the specialized comp saddle it had. The B-17 from day 1 has been like sitting in a cushion compare to the other saddle. It’s really comfortable and can’t wait for that break in period. I think I will be able to fall asleep if it gets any more comfortable. I have invested in a big item, SPD shimano shoes ($65.00). I was used to (back in Spain where I grew up riding Orbea, Peugeot and Bianchi bikes competitively) wood/leather shoes and straps and I feel these new shoes are great compare to those old timers. Anyhow, I’ll keep reading and hopefully one day can pitch in with my 2 cents. I placed this message here as this is were I got most of the info.