Old 10-26-06, 07:14 AM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Long ride for me

I went out day before yesterday(rained yesterday)with intentions of a long ride.I thought 50 miles would be nice.The Trek FX 7300 is kind of heavy and stiff. The wind was blowing 10 gusting to 15 but everything was going pretty good.I was at about 22 miles when the anchor came out.I kept looking at my back wheel to see if it was flat or going flat,nothing.Anyhow after 37 miles with an average of 14.4, and a time of 2:33:37 I thought I did fairly well.6 months ago I couldn't open a jar of peanut butter(really) with this Rhrumatoid arthritis and now I'm out riding.I started riding 3 months ago had 3 bikes and got a forth ordered.Some people shake there heads that know me,but I'm doing it. The best part is that they don't do anything.I guess it's one of those things that God helps those who help themselves.I'm really looking forward to getting the new bike and hopefully it will be a little easier on me.Man is that aluminum stiff,but I'm glad I got it.Anyhow,everybody have a good day and thanks for all the help over the past few months,George