View Single Post
Old 10-26-06, 03:24 PM
mike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by woodysfenders
Mike thanks for the complements on my fenders- I always like to hear that kind of thing. A few words about price- My fenders are dirt cheap compared to the other wood fender brand out there. Full Wood charges $150.00-$200.00 per set so my fenders are half price even at the buy it now of $99.00. These do take quite a bit of work to produce in labor and the power tools in my shop were not free either so yea I charge a bit for my work just so that I can keep making cool stuff. I figure people who can appreciate good quality craftsmanship would see the value and pay the price. Anyway enough about ranting about price. I do like coming up with a cool pattern idea and then produce it to see how it turns out. That's why I am always putting different patterns up for auction. You will not see the same pattern up for auction month after month because I keep coming up with new and different stuff. So if you have a bike that you want to get people to notice wood fenders are a good way to do that. They do draw interest from passers by. Thanks. Cody.
Cody, I am sure that your prices are reasonable. That doesn't matter. What matters is that your work is beautiful and I am glad to have someone like you glamming up the bicycle world. You are making a worthy contribution to the bicycle culture of America. 100 years from now, someone is going to find a pair of your beautiful wooden fenders and marvel at them.