Old 10-26-06, 03:35 PM
Zero_Enigma

Bikes: MTB Peugoet Canyon (forgot the model), Nikishi? roadbike, MTB custom build,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tuolumne
How long will the LD-250 run on the 2 N batteries? Is this size battery readily available? Does anyone know if the Nashbar model comes with batteries? $7 seems pretty good if this light is truly visible.
I got 4 x N cells NIMH around 400ish mAh I think was the power rating. I got them at Radio Shack (Now called The Source) in Canada for about $5.00 for two if memory serves me right on that price. I use a Isun battery charger which can charge 10 cells at once and the springs on the charger allow me to charge the smaller N cells. I picked up a package of N to AA adaptors a few years ago at the RatShack (RadioShack) for around $1.99 CDN and came I think 4 in a pack. That is good if you want to charge them in a AA/AAA charger that can't take N size demensions.

So far the RatShack cells hold thier power quite well and store well. I just top up the charge once a month. I don't really have any use for mine right now as I got them for modding a 2xAA maglite to LED a while ago but lose my maglite mod. >_<;;

Zero_Enigma