View Single Post
Old 10-30-06, 04:00 PM
Deanster04

Bikes: Cinelli Supercoursa 69, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Mondonico Diamond Extra 05, Coors Light Greg Lemond (built by Scapin) 88, Scapin MTB, Stumpjumper 83, Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Lemond Poprad 2001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Being a big guy ( 6'5" , 285lb) I read Clidesdale forum and many people there recommend to buy cyclocross as road bike. ( to handle my big weight).

If you are a big guy and you are I would recommend a builder in Boulder Colorado named Lennard Zinn. He is a big guy and specializes in building custom bikes for large people. If you get a nice light steel cross bike you can ride it with either cross or road wheels making the transition to long rides very easy. I recommend steel because it would be a lifetime bike for you. I would recommend against Aluminum (limited life frames and aluminum fails catastrophically), carbon and/or Ti (too expensive). Don't let big fat aluminum tubes and fancy decals fool you.
Steel is real. Lennard Zinn is the author of Zinn and the Art of Road (and MTB) bike maintenance. He is the real deal. Check out his website Google Lenard Zinn or Zinncycles.