Old 10-30-06, 08:50 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by timmhaan
i kinda like the vitesse D7

but i'd like to know, in general, how feasible it is to fold up the bike twice per day, carry on the train, walk 8-10 mintues to my office and store in my cube?

i was thinking of getting the carry bag and popping the bike in there and slinging the whole thing over my shoulder.

it kinda seems like it could be a lot of work for a daily commute. i have no parking options that i feel safe with. how quick can i fold a bike like this?
1. >>>>but i'd like to know, in general, how feasible it is to fold up the bike twice per day, carry on the train, walk 8-10 mintues to my office and store in my cube? <<<<

This is a good question. How far do you have to commute? If your commute is less than 2 miles, then a Presto Lite is one of the lightest bikes in production. Walking 8 or 10 minutes with ANY folding bike is too much including Bromptons. I can only carry the bike for 5 minutes tops before I'm exhausted.

2. i was thinking of getting the carry bag and popping the bike in there and slinging the whole thing over my shoulder.

Walking 10 minutes with a 27 pound bicycle will leave you in sweat. A person at my office used to bring in a Dahon Boardwalk and he rolled the bike inside the office by folding it in half and rolling it on one wheel. This is a more practical solution than carrying the bike for 10 minutes. Bring the bag anyway in case you have to cover it to get the bike inside but try rolling it first and see if anyone says something.