What should I expect at the ToC?
I plan on checking out Stage 5 in Santa Barbara. I was curious about a few things and hope that those of you that have been going to the stages in Northern CA can answer.
1. How quickly do the good viewing spots along the finishing stretch get crowded? I plan in getting there 2hrs before the expected finishing time.
2. Is there anything to see at the finish in the way of team support vehicles, swag booths, techo weenie stuff? I would think the start of the stage would be the most interesting in the way of checking out the bikes getting set-up and the riders warming up.
3. Who passes out those long blue balloon sticks for making noise?
4. Does the Specialized angel look better in pics or up close?
5. How cool is it to have a Tour of CA and see a number of top riders racing on the roads we train on?