Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Too cheap for a power meter--Polar S725x vs. Suunto T6

Well, since I'm not sure how much racing I'll be able to do after next spring/summer, and with a lot of other things that I need to spend cash on, I've decided to stick with the HRM option, but I want to upgrade. I have a cs200cad right now and am looking for a wrist mounted unit (for cross-training) and the cool testing features, like ownindex/VO2max and others... I kinda like the Polar OwnOptimizer too. I'm looking at the Polar s725x and the Suunto T6. Right now, the Polar is leading the way because I can download data to my Mac (using 3rd party software) and it has a cadence option, where the T6 apparently doesn't. Oh, and the Polar is almost $100 cheaper.

I'm totally unfamiliar with Suunto's products, though--has anyone had any experience with these units, and how do you like them? Any issues with downloading to a Mac re: the s725x? Thanks.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

ambassador of good will *new*guy's Avatar
    My Bikes
    many.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a powertap setup for sale local to us for $500... the hub's on an open pro, but still, it's a damn good deal. PM me if you want contact info.

DocRay
    I looked into this exact question a while back. I found a lot of negative reviews and big problems with all of the Suunto products. Suunto's look cool, and don't have that tacky fake CF look of a 89 Honda at Pep Boys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocRay
    I looked into this exact question a while back. I found a lot of negative reviews and big problems with all of the Suunto products. Suunto's look cool, and don't have that tacky fake CF look of a 89 Honda at Pep Boys.
    Yeah, you'd think for the price Polar would be able to use real CF or just not do it.

Still looks like the best HRM for the money, though... I was impressed to see the Suunto become the "official HRM" over at CTS, so I figured it would be decent... I just don't see how you can advertise a complete cycling solution with no cadence. Bah.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."