Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,328
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    The Revenge of Cypress: Penguin please note

    I just watched the Channel 5 Ten OClock news weather forecast. THEY ARE CALLING FOR A FOOT OF SNOW IN THE HUDSON VALLEY FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY.

    Oh yes. ***** Me boys. So much for the race or long ride on Saturday eh? But the skiing should be outstanding.

    Cypress, your revenge for those 'It's 70 here I'm riding in shorts' posts by Penguin is nigh.

    May the March Blizzard of 2007 smite Wyoming and Montana with 2' of tornado driven snow to subdue your insanely gleeful cackling laughter.

    The Highpoint Hillclimb TT is only 7 weeks away. God Help Me (I'm pre-registered). Can I borrow Dr. Pete's Hyperbaric Chamber please? (He has every other bike racer weenie gadget known to man, he MUST have one of those).

    Pray for us Botto. Compared to this weather the Flanders Dank Rain must be lovely this time of year.

    We moved up to Chester from closer to NY City ten years ago. Closed on the house on March 29. On April 1 we're sitting on top of Mt. Cad here (we live on the summit of an 850' ridge) and we get twenty inches of snow. I'm outside in APRIL and I swear to God it's like The Shining up here that night, I'm waiting for J. Nicholson to come at me with an axe (we were the only house on the 50+ acre top half of our development at the time.). But we're still here. And now we have neighbors.

  2. #2
    Theodore Roosevelt's idol TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vagabond
    My Bikes
    Affirmative
    Posts
    9,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first race of the season is on saturday. This should be fun
    Masochism is a training adaptation.

  3. #3
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,328
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
    My first race of the season is on saturday. This should be fun
    As long as you haven't taken the 700c Blizzaks off the Cannondale yet you should be fine.

    Don't make any elaborate plans to go to the bike race plans unless they'll be holding it in a 6-12" ice/snow storm.
    Last edited by patentcad; 03-15-07 at 05:59 AM.

  4. #4
    Theodore Roosevelt's idol TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vagabond
    My Bikes
    Affirmative
    Posts
    9,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it'll be my first race in a p/1/2/3 field. If nobody else shows up that makes me winner by default, yeah?
    Masochism is a training adaptation.

  5. #5
    Dirt-riding heretic DrPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9
    Posts
    17,416
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
    Well, it'll be my first race in a p/1/2/3 field. If nobody else shows up that makes me winner by default, yeah?
    P/1/2/3, eh? That's gotta be unnerving...

    Good luck, Penguin. Channel some more of the blind rage from that TT photo and you'll be fine.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

  6. #6
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  7. #7
    Theodore Roosevelt's idol TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vagabond
    My Bikes
    Affirmative
    Posts
    9,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, we'll see what happens. I doubt I'm gonna do too much soul crushing in a p/1/2/3 field, especially since I'm taking the Jan approach to training this spring Still, I plan on spending time off the front, just for ****s and giggles.
    Masochism is a training adaptation.

  8. #8
    Theodore Roosevelt's idol TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vagabond
    My Bikes
    Affirmative
    Posts
    9,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gonna send a pwnt picture right back at the Cypress, except it's going to be 60 there this weekend
    Masochism is a training adaptation.

  9. #9
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
    I was gonna send a pwnt picture right back at the Cypress, except it's going to be 60 there this weekend

    Wait, where? Here? Da hell you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  10. #10
    Theodore Roosevelt's idol TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vagabond
    My Bikes
    Affirmative
    Posts
    9,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masochism is a training adaptation.

  11. #11
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin

    *Throws hands up in the air*

    *Waves them like I just don't care*
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  12. #12
    Used to be a climber.. GuitarWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Providence, RI
    My Bikes
    None at the moment
    Posts
    6,821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking they won't be holding the race on Saturday with all the ice/snow....no?

    At any rate, this sucks. Had 3 great days outside (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)....and now a ****ing Nor'Easter. And the end result being, more sand/salt on the roads. WTF.
    1999 Trek 2500 - hit by a car on it in May, 2011 and currently bikeless

  13. #13
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,328
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarWizard
    I'm thinking they won't be holding the race on Saturday with all the ice/snow....no?
    They even cancel Tour de France stages when it snows. Sorry Penguin. They're probably saving you from your own foolishness Mr. 'I only trained 4 hours this week'.

    We are toast here KP. Yahoo weather is generally astonishingly inaccurate on the optimistic side much of the time (everything on Yahoo tends to suck), is calling for what would appear to be a foot of snow, under the euphemism 'significant'. Given their previous track record the odds of this turning into a 15"+ March Dump or EXCELLENT. And all that OTHER snow JUST melted as of yesterday. This is horrible. On the other hand our season passes @ our little local ski area are still valid. We will be employing them on Saturday for sure. But I was hoping for cycling action. Back on the bike Sunday I suppose.

    If you need me I'll be riding in the pouring rain this morning (the best weather we'll have for a few days).
    Last edited by patentcad; 03-15-07 at 06:13 AM.

  14. #14
    Banned. El Diablo Rojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ATX, Ex So Cal
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah-Scott Addict-Orbea Ordu
    Posts
    11,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad

    If you need me I'll be riding in the pouring rain this morning (the best weather we'll have for a few days).
    You realize this is the result of your constant Texas bashing....the Moron in Chief doesn't like it and he had the military use their super secret weather machine to mess up your weekend. Believe it or not he doesn't have anything else to do...world is a such peaceful place

    BTW he would have used it earlier to mess with DocRay but figured that he was already in Canada and that was punishment enough.

  15. #15
    Senior Member RockyMtnMerlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Laramie Wyoming
    My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
    Posts
    2,972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad
    May the March Blizzard of 2007 smite Wyoming and Montana with 2' of tornado driven snow to subdue your insanely gleeful cackling laughter.
    Hey let's leave Wyoming out of the catfight. While we neeeeeeed the moisture, I'd prefer and inch of rain!!

  16. #16
    Theodore Roosevelt's idol TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vagabond
    My Bikes
    Affirmative
    Posts
    9,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad
    They even cancel Tour de France stages when it snows. Sorry Penguin. They're probably saving you from your own foolishness Mr. 'I only trained 4 hours this week'.

    We are toast here KP. Yahoo weather is generally astonishingly inaccurate on the optimistic side much of the time (everything on Yahoo tends to suck), is calling for what would appear to be a foot of snow, under the euphemism 'significant'. Given their previous track record the odds of this turning into a 15"+ March Dump or EXCELLENT. And all that OTHER snow JUST melted as of yesterday. This is horrible. On the other hand our season passes @ our little local ski area are still valid. We will be employing them on Saturday for sure. But I was hoping for cycling action. Back on the bike Sunday I suppose.

    If you need me I'll be riding in the pouring rain this morning (the best weather we'll have for a few days).
    not racing in noreaster is for wussy.

    They have a notice up that says they might cancel it Looks like my season is gonna be postponed by a week
    Masochism is a training adaptation.

  17. #17
    Banned. El Diablo Rojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ATX, Ex So Cal
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah-Scott Addict-Orbea Ordu
    Posts
    11,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
    not racing in noreaster is for wussy.

    They have a notice up that says they might cancel it Looks like my season is gonna be postponed by a week
    I think this calls for the full Swissy!

  18. #18
    Good day to ride ekimeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    My Bikes
    Look KG451, half Record, half Chorus
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forecast for Monday here in England is

    24.gif

    But half decent weather on the weekend.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •