Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Where do you get protour results?

    Where do you get your race results? Is there a website with a simple interface that shows the year's protour schedule and results updated frequently (preferably daily)? I would have thought VeloNews, but can't seem to find it simply there...am I just looking in the wrong place?

  2. #2
    . Namenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    "The Woo", MA
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like cyclingnews. Lots of info, pictures, race results, what have you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member CCFISH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Galveston, Tx
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cyclingnews.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Namenda
    I like cyclingnews. Lots of info, pictures, race results, what have you.
    Thanks Namenda. No disrespect intended, but this is exactly what I don't want. It's hard to navigate; has lots of minor races; when you click on a race, it has some little blurb, but not stage and overall results; etc. Again, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place on this website?

    It seems like such a simple thing, and yet, I can't seem to find it...

  5. #5
    Senior Member zimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,040
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    Again, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place on this website?
    Correct.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    My Bikes
    Scapin EOS7 sloping, 10v Record, Ksyriums
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cyclingnews.com

  7. #7
    . Namenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    "The Woo", MA
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    Thanks Namenda. No disrespect intended, but this is exactly what I don't want. It's hard to navigate; has lots of minor races; when you click on a race, it has some little blurb, but not stage and overall results; etc. Again, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place on this website?

    It seems like such a simple thing, and yet, I can't seem to find it...

    Yeah, you must be...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Super Guanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    My Bikes
    Wilier Mortirolo
    Posts
    364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyclingnews for me too. I guess the front page might be a little confusing, but once you get used to it, stuff is easy to find. You have to click on the report for the latest stage, not the intro bit.

    Of course, now the season has really gotten going, I just watch em all on TV!

  9. #9
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    Thanks Namenda. No disrespect intended, but this is exactly what I don't want.
    incorrect.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    It's hard to navigate;
    incorrect.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    has lots of minor races;
    correction: "has lot's of information"

    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    when you click on a race, it has some little blurb, but not stage and overall results; etc.
    incorrect.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    Again, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place on this website?
    obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    It seems like such a simple thing, and yet, I can't seem to find it...
    correct.

  10. #10
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, let me be a little more specific. If I want to know the year's gold results, I can go here and see things simply:
    http://www.sportsline.com/golf/schedules

    If I want to know Premiership Football Scores, I can go here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ts/default.stm

    For both of these sites, everything is in an easy to read and easy to find informational format.

    Now, if I want to find cycling results, I go here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/

    Even if you like this interface, let's say you want to find results for the Tour of California. You have to get through all the MTB stuff, minor races, etc, and finally find the ToC. But, this is what you are presented with:
    Tour of California, USA (2.HC)
    February 18-25: Stage 7 -
    Full results, report & photos, Live report, Stage 6 - Full results, report & photos, Stage 5 - Full results, report & photos, Main & preview, Start list, Features

    See the difference?

  11. #11
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto
    incorrect.



    incorrect.



    correction: "has lot's of information"



    incorrect.



    obviously.



    correct.
    If it's so simple, do you realize how much faster you could have helped me than break every sentence apart?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Duke of Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    My Bikes
    Focus Raven 29er, Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    Posts
    4,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're saying you don't want pictures, or a report about how the action went down?

    Maybe I'm unique, but I want to know how the race went down as well, and not just a box score.

    That's like you saying that you took 4th in your last race. Were you in a break? Did you launch a solo flyer and get gunned down at the line? Mass sprint? Long slog with big gaps up a mountain?

    This is the best you'll find:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=cal07
    "If a non personal post makes you feel as if you've been attacked, maybe the problem IS you."

  13. #13
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    If it's so simple, do you realize how much faster you could have helped me than break every sentence apart?
    yes.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Super Guanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    My Bikes
    Wilier Mortirolo
    Posts
    364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    Even if you like this interface, let's say you want to find results for the Tour of California. You have to get through all the MTB stuff, minor races, etc, and finally find the ToC. But, this is what you are presented with:
    Tour of California, USA (2.HC)
    February 18-25: Stage 7 -
    Full results, report & photos, Live report, Stage 6 - Full results, report & photos, Stage 5 - Full results, report & photos, Main & preview, Start list, Features

    See the difference?
    [/SIZE]
    Seriously, what's the problem? You click on the last stage, you get the report, the result and the overall standings. Everything you need in one page.

  15. #15
    Senior Member kwrides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake
    Posts
    3,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Kent
    So you're saying you don't want pictures, or a report about how the action went down?

    Maybe I'm unique, but I want to know how the race went down as well, and not just a box score.

    That's like you saying that you took 4th in your last race. Were you in a break? Did you launch a solo flyer and get gunned down at the line? Mass sprint? Long slog with big gaps up a mountain?

    This is the best you'll find:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/?id=cal07
    Thanks. I agree that it's nice to have the detail if you want it. I just think it's also nice to be able to see a box score and then drill into the stories if you have the time or the interest rather than have to study the page to find what you want.

    Ex - I followed your link above and thought I had just what I was looking for, but then, to keep my example going, I clicked on "Tour of California" and it took me to a preview of the race. Nowhere was there a link to get to the race stage or overall results, stories from the race, etc.

    Looks like I'm in the minority here and I can live with that

  16. #16
    It's MY mountain DiabloScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mt.Diablo
    Posts
    5,486
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwrides
    Thanks. I agree that it's nice to have the detail if you want it. I just think it's also nice to be able to see a box score and then drill into the stories if you have the time or the interest rather than have to study the page to find what you want.

    Ex - I followed your link above and thought I had just what I was looking for, but then, to keep my example going, I clicked on "Tour of California" and it took me to a preview of the race. Nowhere was there a link to get to the race stage or overall results, stories from the race, etc.

    Looks like I'm in the minority here and I can live with that
    Since the first PT race of the season is still underway, there's not much here yet, but this is really the definitive site for what you want: ProTour Results

    And for UCI non-PT races, here: UCI Results
    http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

  17. #17
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You realize many ProTour events are multiple-day, yes?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    My Bikes
    Scapin EOS7 sloping, 10v Record, Ksyriums
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto
    incorrect.



    incorrect.



    correction: "has lot's of information"



    incorrect.



    obviously.



    correct.

    more gold...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •