Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Cat WTF
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Time trial number attachment

    To those in the OCP ranks, does anyone use an adhesive to attach your number in a tt?

    What adhesive? Pros/cons?

    Remarks sexual in nature need not reply (goo on your back, etc)

  2. #2
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,336
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spray mount is the only thing i can think of that may work, but you would still need to use pins.

    you can also count on your skinsuit dissolving (where the the spray mount touches it) over the course of the season due to the shizzle in the spray mount.

  3. #3
    Ink-Stained Wretch pinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Holyoke, MA
    Posts
    1,731
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yes use an adhesive spray for TTs, I think my team uses 3M but I couldn't tell you. Also you should place it as low as possible (like on your butt, not back) so you'll have goo on your ass, which I'm pretty sure is much more attractive. And yeah, it doesn't come off for a while.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    2,939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto
    spray mount is the only thing i can think of that may work, but you would still need to use pins.

    you can also count on your skinsuit dissolving (where the the spray mount touches it) over the course of the season due to the shizzle in the spray mount.
    If you've never used an adhesive, how can you know it will disolve a skinsuit? This much I know: Friends have used spray mount for years without any pins and the number always stays on. They use a version from 3M, but I don't know the exact name. Even after years of doing this, their skinsuits are just fine.

  5. #5
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,336
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asgelle
    If you've never used an adhesive, how can you know it will disolve a skinsuit? This much I know: Friends have used spray mount for years without any pins and the number always stays on. They use a version from 3M, but I don't know the exact name. Even after years of doing this, their skinsuits are just fine.
    because i've used that toxic 'stuff' for years, and know full well that it can mess 'stuff' up.

    next question?
    Last edited by botto; 03-20-07 at 05:44 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    2,939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto
    because i've used that toxic stuff for years....

    next question?
    Well you either don't know much about the adhesive or don't know much about lycra, because several people have been using the spray adhesive on skinsuits for years without any ill effects. So my next question is why are you saying to believe you over my own eyes?
    Last edited by cuda2k; 03-19-07 at 05:05 PM.

  7. #7
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,336
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asgelle
    Well you either don't know much about the adhesive or don't know much about lycra, because several people have been using the spray adhesive on skinsuits for years without any ill effects. So my next question is why are you saying to believe you over my own eyes?




    incorrect & incorrect.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Snicklefritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the middle of horse country, in The Garden State
    Posts
    3,112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto




    incorrect & incorrect.

    incorrect.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Stallionforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Victoria
    My Bikes
    05 Norco CRR Team Carbon Dura Ace, 06 Cervelo P2C TT Dura Ace, 88 Olmo Steelie w. Campy Mirage, Cypress CX w. 105
    Posts
    1,372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, our club TT here hands out numbers and collects them after, so it's strictly a pin job. Might have to look into that spray-on adhesive for the sanctioned TT's though.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do you get the spray-on adhesive?

  11. #11
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,336
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KramerTC
    Where do you get the spray-on adhesive?
    art supply and graphic supply stores.


  12. #12
    . Namenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    "The Woo", MA
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You folks are over-complicating what is, in actual fact, a very simple process...


  13. #13
    NorCal Climbing Freak
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Namenda
    You folks are over-complicating what is, in actual fact, a very simple process...

    Better not forget your base layer then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •