Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Californ-aye-ay
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Anyone familiar with the new route for the Sea Otter RR?

    I am trying to figure out gearing....does anyone know how the climbs this year will compare to previous?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Now Racer Ex Vinokurtov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Less steep. They wimpified it a bit.
    "I may not be as strong as I think I am, but I know many tricks, and I have resolution" - Santiago

  3. #3
    NorCal Climbing Freak
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    872
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they remove the wall?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Californ-aye-ay
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinokurtov
    Less steep. They wimpified it a bit.
    Good to know, thanks.

  5. #5
    Now Racer Ex Vinokurtov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grebletie
    Did they remove the wall?
    Yes, apparently people complained that the race was too hard and that only strong, fit riders were winning the race.



    I disdain most if not all things Sea Slaughter at this point, based on personal experience.
    "I may not be as strong as I think I am, but I know many tricks, and I have resolution" - Santiago

  6. #6
    semifreddo amartuerer 'nother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Northern CA
    My Bikes
    several
    Posts
    4,599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinokurtov
    Yes, apparently people complained that the race was too hard and that only strong, fit riders were winning the race.
    LOL, those bastards. Glad they're giving us wussys a fighting chance


    I disdain most if not all things Sea Slaughter at this point, based on personal experience.
    Care to share? This'll be my first one (M30+ 4s), I need someone to ruin the fun/give me even more to fret about
    Can you pass the test?
    Yield to Life.

  7. #7
    Now Racer Ex Vinokurtov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 'nother
    LOL, those bastards. Glad they're giving us wussys a fighting chance

    Care to share? This'll be my first one (M30+ 4s), I need someone to ruin the fun/give me even more to fret about
    I had two bouts of fouled up scoring, one bout of unanswered Emails regarding a refund, and was left to bleed into my shoes for 45 minutes until I finally rode my broken frame down to first aid.
    "I may not be as strong as I think I am, but I know many tricks, and I have resolution" - Santiago

  8. #8
    Senior Member Snicklefritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the middle of horse country, in The Garden State
    Posts
    3,112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinokurtov
    I had two bouts of fouled up scoring, one bout of unanswered Emails regarding a refund, and was left to bleed into my shoes for 45 minutes until I finally rode my broken frame down to first aid.
    I think I remember that story from last year. How awful. That's pretty serious when they can't get people off the road like that.


    Much less serious (but still annoying) is the really bad parking in what I heard was a muddy field that was far from the S/F and reg. areas.

  9. #9
    Now Racer Ex Vinokurtov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snicklefritz
    I think I remember that story from last year. How awful. That's pretty serious when they can't get people off the road like that.


    Much less serious (but still annoying) is the really bad parking in what I heard was a muddy field that was far from the S/F and reg. areas.
    Well, they had to let the mountain bikers park in the paved lot so they wouldn't get their tires dirty.
    "I may not be as strong as I think I am, but I know many tricks, and I have resolution" - Santiago

  10. #10
    Somewhere in CA
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    814
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the entry fees are horrible, parking sucks... i still entered. i do the road race on thursday..

    jim

  11. #11
    Racing iS my Training Pizza Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    My Bikes
    07 Bianchi San Jose, 08 Tarmac SL2, 05 Cervelo P3
    Posts
    1,263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinokurtov
    Well, they had to let the mountain bikers park in the paved lot so they wouldn't get their tires dirty.
    So that's why we were in the mud.

    I'm skipping the road race this year, but doing the 30+ circuit race on Friday and the NRC Circuit race on Saturday.

    I'll get to do that little 200 ft circuit climb about 15 times on Friday and 31 times on Saturday!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •