Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-07, 02:40 PM   #1
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero
Thread Starter
 
DrWJODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Driving the pace in the crosswind
Bikes:
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Central Park Easter Race Report

See, I post even without top results! It was fun but cold. Report found here. Happy Easter!
DrWJODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 06:57 PM   #2
marcelinyc
R900Campagnolo
 
marcelinyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Bikes: track and road
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
3,4 field:

From the start 4 or 5 Merill Lynch guys got to the front and where driving hard so I decided to watch Dimitry behind his rear wheel. Neither Affinity or Babylon were present. The field started to strech after the hill. Shortly me and 6 other riders got a gap. Merill (and Dimitry) were attacking but I was responding to Dimitry only. Soon, Dimitry attacked with me on his wheel, we exchanged couple pulls, "Sanchez" bridged and we were free for 3.5 laps till the finish.Dimitry pulled a lot. Sanchez was accelerating hard after my pulls so I had to bridge right after pulling a lot of times (focker lol). Before the finish, around columbus circle, sanchez attacked twice. Three of us were slowly approaching finish, watching each other like in a match sprint. Dimitry jumped, I jumped, sanchez didn't have it. I got a bike lenght at the line. we had about a minute over the field.
marcelinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 09:55 PM   #3
Stallionforce
Senior Member
 
Stallionforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Victoria
Bikes: 05 Norco CRR Team Carbon Dura Ace, 06 Cervelo P2C TT Dura Ace, 88 Olmo Steelie w. Campy Mirage, Cypress CX w. 105
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelinyc
3,4 field:

From the start 4 or 5 Merill Lynch guys got to the front and where driving hard so I decided to watch Dimitry behind his rear wheel. Neither Affinity or Babylon were present. The field started to strech after the hill. Shortly me and 6 other riders got a gap. Merill (and Dimitry) were attacking but I was responding to Dimitry only. Soon, Dimitry attacked with me on his wheel, we exchanged couple pulls, "Sanchez" bridged and we were free for 3.5 laps till the finish.Dimitry pulled a lot. Sanchez was accelerating hard after my pulls so I had to bridge right after pulling a lot of times (focker lol). Before the finish, around columbus circle, sanchez attacked twice. Three of us were slowly approaching finish, watching each other like in a match sprint. Dimitry jumped, I jumped, sanchez didn't have it. I got a bike lenght at the line. we had about a minute over the field.

Dirty Sanchez.


Nice win.
Stallionforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 11:06 PM   #4
Vinokurtov
Now Racer Ex
 
Vinokurtov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 1,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelinyc
3,4 field:

From the start 4 or 5 Merill Lynch guys got to the front and where driving hard so I decided to watch Dimitry behind his rear wheel. Neither Affinity or Babylon were present. The field started to strech after the hill. Shortly me and 6 other riders got a gap. Merill (and Dimitry) were attacking but I was responding to Dimitry only. Soon, Dimitry attacked with me on his wheel, we exchanged couple pulls, "Sanchez" bridged and we were free for 3.5 laps till the finish.Dimitry pulled a lot. Sanchez was accelerating hard after my pulls so I had to bridge right after pulling a lot of times (focker lol). Before the finish, around columbus circle, sanchez attacked twice. Three of us were slowly approaching finish, watching each other like in a match sprint. Dimitry jumped, I jumped, sanchez didn't have it. I got a bike lenght at the line. we had about a minute over the field.
(In my best Guido/Brooklynese)

I got this guy I who needs a message from the boys in New Yawk.

Nice ride guys, both of ya.

And big kudos on the win!
Vinokurtov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 11:10 PM   #5
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero
Thread Starter
 
DrWJODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Driving the pace in the crosswind
Bikes:
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Marcel. Nice job. Way to go on the win. Moving up in the world soon?? Going to be at Branchbrook in a few weeks? Thanks for the report.
DrWJODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 11:30 PM   #6
brianappleby
Senior Member?
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Denver
Bikes: orbea onix, Cervelo SLC, Specialzed Allez, Cervelo P3 Alu
Posts: 1,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice report. Dr. how much do you weigh?

B.
brianappleby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 04:01 AM   #7
roadwarrior
Senior Member
 
roadwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Bike Business!!!
Bikes: Cannondale Super Six High Mod, Evo, Sram Red, CAAD9 Rival
Posts: 10,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinokurtov
(In my best Guido/Brooklynese)

I got this guy I who needs a message from the boys in New Yawk.

Nice ride guys, both of ya.

And big kudos on the win!
Let me help...

"I got dis guy who needz a meshage for da boyz in New Yawk

Nice ride guyz, boch a ya...

And big kudoz on da win"
roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 04:58 AM   #8
botto 
.
 
botto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 40,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior
Let me help...

"I got dis guy who needz a
meshage for da boyz in New Yawk

Nice ride guyz, boch a ya...

And big kudoz on da win"
that's a pretty good sean connery.
botto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 05:03 AM   #9
Snuffleupagus
Aut Vincere Aut Mori
 
Snuffleupagus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Bikes: Irish Cycles Tir na Nog, Jack Kane Team Racing, Fuji Aloha 1.0, GT Karakoram, Motobecane Fly Team
Posts: 4,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice write up marcel. Concise Plus you kicked ass.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 06:38 AM   #10
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero
Thread Starter
 
DrWJODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Driving the pace in the crosswind
Bikes:
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianappleby
Nice report. Dr. how much do you weigh?

B.
Weight 160
Mass 72ish? (rough calculation in my head)
DrWJODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 08:33 AM   #11
Snuffleupagus
Aut Vincere Aut Mori
 
Snuffleupagus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Bikes: Irish Cycles Tir na Nog, Jack Kane Team Racing, Fuji Aloha 1.0, GT Karakoram, Motobecane Fly Team
Posts: 4,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, but how many mm of Hg do you displace?
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 09:21 AM   #12
marcelinyc
R900Campagnolo
 
marcelinyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Bikes: track and road
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWJODonnell
Marcel. Nice job. Way to go on the win. Moving up in the world soon?? Going to be at Branchbrook in a few weeks? Thanks for the report.
Thanks. I'll see you at branchbrook after the nyc spring series are over.
The brooklyn girls are the best.

Last edited by marcelinyc; 04-09-07 at 08:43 PM.
marcelinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 09:24 PM   #13
jmp66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
was that you who went down just after the hill in PP last year in a 3/4 race (?) That was a horrible crash, one of the worst i've seen in 3 years of racing. I didn't see most of it - I had a bad feeling right before the hill, moved up to the front before it happened - but I sure heard it. A friend of mine who was also taken down said that there was a carbon Cervelo snapped in 2, was that yours?

Glad your not only back on the bike but winning races too.
jmp66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 04:46 PM   #14
popdelusions
it's your bicycle bells
 
popdelusions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Bikes:
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pics of Marceli's win (see images 3-10 on this page, they have a fairly slow server so I'm not posting direct links to the images).

http://www.nyvelocity.com/content.php?id=1318
popdelusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 05:01 PM   #15
Greg180
Realist
 
Greg180's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Bikes: Roubaix, Tarmac, Fixed Gear
Posts: 3,083
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice Pics! Good win Marceli.
Greg180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 05:31 PM   #16
GuitarWizard
Used to be a climber..
 
GuitarWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: East Baldwin, ME
Bikes: 2016 Ridley Fenix SL, 2013 PedalForce RS3-ISP, 2015 Trek 520 Disc
Posts: 6,834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by popdelusions
Pics of Marceli's win (see images 3-10 on this page, they have a fairly slow server so I'm not posting direct links to the images).

http://www.nyvelocity.com/content.php?id=1318
Is Marcel the non-caucasian guy with his arms spread?
GuitarWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 05:52 PM   #17
marcelinyc
R900Campagnolo
 
marcelinyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Bikes: track and road
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
caucasian with open mouth
marcelinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 05:52 PM   #18
popdelusions
it's your bicycle bells
 
popdelusions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Bikes:
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarWizard
Is Marcel the non-caucasian guy with his arms spread?
Nah, higher up the page (it's a slideshow, so check out images 3-10), blue kit, red Cannondale with red Fulcrums; wins a two-up sprint against a guy in a white kit with rainbow details on a Giant.
popdelusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 05:57 PM   #19
GuitarWizard
Used to be a climber..
 
GuitarWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: East Baldwin, ME
Bikes: 2016 Ridley Fenix SL, 2013 PedalForce RS3-ISP, 2015 Trek 520 Disc
Posts: 6,834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ah ok. I like those Cannondales, especially that color scheme. How'd your balaclava taste?
GuitarWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 06:18 PM   #20
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero
Thread Starter
 
DrWJODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Driving the pace in the crosswind
Bikes:
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp66
was that you who went down just after the hill in PP last year in a 3/4 race (?) That was a horrible crash, one of the worst i've seen in 3 years of racing. I didn't see most of it - I had a bad feeling right before the hill, moved up to the front before it happened - but I sure heard it. A friend of mine who was also taken down said that there was a carbon Cervelo snapped in 2, was that yours?

Glad your not only back on the bike but winning races too.
Yeah, though the frame didn't snap just the fork. My ribs and clavicle fared much worse than the bike.
DrWJODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:35 AM.