Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65
  1. #1
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    55,931
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Lew Racing Boron wheels: does anybody HAVE them?

    Does anyone here actually know anybody who owns/rides $4000+ Lew Racing Boron wheels?

  2. #2
    Senior Member classic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not personally, but theres a bloke (means 'guy' in 'merican patentcad) over at the Serotta forum who raves about them. He also appears to have more money than God as he has a new top of the line bike every other week.

  3. #3
    . Namenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    "The Woo", MA
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was single, and didn't have a mortgage and a couple of car payments...maybe.

  4. #4
    Burning Matches. ElJamoquio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Le Champion SL, Cervelo P2SL
    Posts
    9,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classic1
    Not personally, but theres a bloke (means 'guy' in 'merican patentcad) over at the Serotta forum who raves about them. He also appears to have more money than God as he has a new top of the line bike every other week.
    Is his name "56/12 and 22/28"?
    Reacting is mind candy; it requires no thought. Thinking is tedious.

    Bikeforums 'Group Buy': Kinlin Rims, Sapim/DT Spokes, Formula/Bitex Hubs


    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die."
    -Steve Prefontaine

  5. #5
    . Namenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    "The Woo", MA
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJamoquio
    Is his name "56/12 and 22/28"?

    Yeah, he's got a set for each of his 7 Colnagos.

  6. #6
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    55,931
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    7 Colnagos?

    That's a lot of Colnagos. And they probably all have Campy. The thought of this makes it impossible for me to continue. I must retire to my pew at the Our Lady of Dura Achee Chapel to pray.

  7. #7
    Senior Member classic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJamoquio
    Is his name "56/12 and 22/28"?
    Nope. This bloke is for real.
    http://www.serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28923

  8. #8
    Dirt-riding heretic DrPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9
    Posts
    17,417
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah... to have that kind of cash. I can't even imagine.

    Everyone, write your congressman in support of any and all military pay raises, especially increases in special pay for physicians.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

  9. #9
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    55,931
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPete
    Ah... to have that kind of cash. I can't even imagine.

    Everyone, write your congressman in support of any and all military pay raises, especially increases in special pay for physicians.
    Not for nothing DP, but if the military purchased bicycles they would all be $10K Serottas with $5K Lew wheels. Except of course the Pentagon would figure out a way to pay double that. If we could all be military subcontractors, we could all have Lew wheels.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,085
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we just got them in at the shop I work at, I havnt had the chance to ride them but Im going to try and beg the owner to let me take out his 595 with record and lews.

    Check out the site for more details. Third article down.

    http://blacksheepcycles.com/index.php

    I can post some more pictures if people are interested.
    Cat 1 o-meter 33%

  11. #11
    Dirt-riding heretic DrPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9
    Posts
    17,417
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recneps
    Yes we just got them in at the shop I work at, I havnt had the chance to ride them but Im going to try and beg the owner to let me take out his 595 with record and lews.

    Check out the site for more details. Third article down.

    http://blacksheepcycles.com/index.php

    I can post some more pictures if people are interested.
    If he lets you demo those wheels he's effing insane. Unless, of course, they were freebies from Lew. Just sayin'.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,085
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPete
    If he lets you demo those wheels he's effing insane. Unless, of course, they were freebies from Lew. Just sayin'.
    I wouldnt say demo, I would say were pretty close friends and he trusts me with riding high end bikes.

    If you buy two sets from lew you get a demo set for half off.

    Also for an extra $800 you can get a no questions asked crash/ mishap replacement .
    Cat 1 o-meter 33%

  13. #13
    Dirt-riding heretic DrPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9
    Posts
    17,417
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recneps
    I wouldnt say demo, I would say were pretty close friends and he trusts me with riding high end bikes.
    Just be careful.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

  14. #14
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    25,988
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classic1
    Not personally, but theres a bloke (means 'guy' in 'merican patentcad) over at the Serotta forum who raves about them. He also appears to have more money than God as he has a new top of the line bike every other week.
    When's he going to be riding in Austin with the waterrockets bullseye on his jersey?

  15. #15
    Racing iS my Training Pizza Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    My Bikes
    07 Bianchi San Jose, 08 Tarmac SL2, 05 Cervelo P3
    Posts
    1,263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad
    Does anyone here actually know anybody who owns/rides $4000+ Lew Racing Boron wheels?
    I race against a guy who has them. Very nice wheels, but he hasn't beat me yet this season.

    (He did beat me once last year, when I think he was riding Zipps)

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Six13 Pro 2 Compact, Jamis Nova
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to test them and also go to Vegas --

    http://www.redrocklasvegas.com/hotel...de_package.php

  17. #17
    pan y agua merlinextraligh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville
    My Bikes
    Wilier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Co-Motion Robusta; Schwinn Paramount; Motobecane Phantom Cross; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er
    Posts
    27,136
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My plan, go to Vegas, demo them, and if you hit big in the Casino bring em home.

  18. #18
    Killing Rabbits
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPete
    Ah... to have that kind of cash. I can't even imagine.

    Everyone, write your congressman in support of any and all military pay raises, especially increases in special pay for physicians.
    If you need extra cash just send me some steroids HGH and EPO. I will mail you back some blood every couple weeks for monitoring purposes… oh and some money too.

    We can work together Dr. F... er.. Pete.

  19. #19
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    55,931
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Man
    I race against a guy who has them. Very nice wheels, but he hasn't beat me yet this season.

    (He did beat me once last year, when I think he was riding Zipps)

    Zipp doubters, please make a note of this.

  20. #20
    Now Racer Ex Vinokurtov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,709
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Man
    I race against a guy who has them. Very nice wheels, but he hasn't beat me yet this season.

    (He did beat me once last year, when I think he was riding Zipps)
    I believe I beat him this year also, on my Reynolds.
    "I may not be as strong as I think I am, but I know many tricks, and I have resolution" - Santiago

  21. #21
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    55,931
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All the domestic pro teams ride clinchers anyway. They can't AFFORD tubulars. Seriously. That's what a local pro who rides for Rite Aid told me today. Tubulars are for the fat cat UCI Pro teams like Disco and CSC.

  22. #22
    pan y agua merlinextraligh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville
    My Bikes
    Wilier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Co-Motion Robusta; Schwinn Paramount; Motobecane Phantom Cross; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er
    Posts
    27,136
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad
    All the domestic pro teams ride clinchers anyway. They can't AFFORD tubulars. Seriously. That's what a local pro who rides for Rite Aid told me today. Tubulars are for the fat cat UCI Pro teams like Disco and CSC.
    It's funny, if you do this as a hobby, and have decent income from your day job, your equipment choices don't have to be economically rational.( my equipment choices being exhibit A]

    But if its a business, then the money needs to be justified, hence US Division 3 teams riding stuff we wouldn't.

    Even at the TDF level, its not unusual for domestics on some teams to be riding ultegra equipped bikes.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Dubbayoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    My Bikes
    Pedal Force QS3
    Posts
    7,683
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought those Lew wheels were an ongoing joke and not actually a for sale ridable product.

  24. #24
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    55,931
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dial_tone
    I always thought those Lew wheels were an ongoing joke and not actually a for sale ridable product.
    At $4000+ a pop, they are rather laughable on many levels. But what stupid expensive, way schwag product is NOT that way? Nothing that's the very best EVER makes sense to most of us.

    But the world would be a far sadder place without $400K cars or $4K bicycle wheels. I love it.

    But I can't afford it. I feel like an OCP moron for having $1200 used Zipps in my garage.

  25. #25
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    55,931
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad
    At $4000+ a pop, they are rather laughable on many levels. But what stupid expensive, way schwag product is NOT that way? Nothing that's the very best EVER makes sense to most of us.

    But the world would be a far sadder place without $400K cars or $4K bicycle wheels. I love it.


    But I can't afford it. I feel like an OCP moron for having $1200 used Zipps in my garage.

    I should actually rephrase that.

    I am the head OCP moron in charge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •