Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,299
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Anybody else doing the Silvermine TT?

    I preregistered today. I know Dr. W should be there. Any other BF members?

    I don't mind doing a TT in the rain, but the descents on that course are 40mph+. It will be a sphincter puckering experience on tubular Zipps and aerobars if the roads are wet.

    I am happy to report that the Pcad Slice is DIALED. I am slow, but I am prepared. The final test will be doing a ride on the course with the Zippified Slice some time next week. I refuse to wear that stupid TT helmet until 3 mins. before my start time. I will probably roll up to the line with a paper bag over my head and discard it as I pedal off.

  2. #2
    Not obese just overweight ratebeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sonoma County, CA
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500fx, Cervelo Soloist
    Posts
    2,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    I preregistered today. I know Dr. W should be there. Any other BF members?

    I don't mind doing a TT in the rain, but the descents on that course are 40mph+. It will be a sphincter puckering experience on tubular Zipps and aerobars if the roads are wet.

    I am happy to report that the Pcad Slice is DIALED. I am slow, but I am prepared. The final test will be doing a ride on the course with the Zippified Slice some time next week. I refuse to wear that stupid TT helmet until 3 mins. before my start time. I will probably roll up to the line with a paper bag over my head and discard it as I pedal off.
    What helmet did you get?

    If it's the LG, you can get the visor for $30. It looks a lot cooler.
    Joe

    Veho difficilis, ago facilis

  3. #3
    Slow'n'Aero DrWJODonnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Driving the pace in the crosswind
    Posts
    2,599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DrW should be there. I laugh that you think an aero helmet looks funny but a hole filled piece of styrofoam strapped to your noggin' is perfectly normal? Seriously, I think its a good idea to test your zipps, make sure the arbon pads are hitting in all the right spots, etc. I also think it's not a bad idea to do at least one short ride (maybe 10 miles) in your TT helmet to make sure there are no issues with that too. I believe in testing ALL equipment. You do not want 40 minutes of the helmet choking you because you didn't get it set up right before the TT.

    And the PCad is not slowness. If he can hang on Nyack, he will be storming the TT.

  4. #4
    elitist jerk daytonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Blow - hio
    My Bikes
    CAAD9
    Posts
    4,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    I preregistered today. I know Dr. W should be there. Any other BF members?

    I don't mind doing a TT in the rain, but the descents on that course are 40mph+. It will be a sphincter puckering experience on tubular Zipps and aerobars if the roads are wet.

    I am happy to report that the Pcad Slice is DIALED. I am slow, but I am prepared. The final test will be doing a ride on the course with the Zippified Slice some time next week. I refuse to wear that stupid TT helmet until 3 mins. before my start time. I will probably roll up to the line with a paper bag over my head and discard it as I pedal off.
    All the cool kids wear them.
    I feel like a soiled kleenex dropped in the gutter in the red-light district of Paris.

  5. #5
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,299
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will test the TT helmet on a deserted Orange Cty road in the wee hours of the morning after securing both ends of the course lest anyone see me with this preposterous lid. A visor for that LG (Laughably Goofy) helmet would make it look better? That's almost as silly as the notion that a power meter and smarter training might make Pcad faster.

    Almost.

    Moreoever, any allegation that the ability to hang on the Nyack ride implies that anyone is not slow does not take into account the cunning application of Pcad bungie cord technology. I did hook one to West Point Ben's seatpost on Sunday, and by some miracle, it did not snap. The great thing for anyone who comes on that ride and is afraid of getting lost if they get dropped is this: you can always follow the trail of Pcad's blown gaskets back to Nyack.

    If Dr. W. ever shows up @ Nyack he will drop us all like the Peloton Dogs we are. Woof. I shudder to think how many minutes he will beat me by @ Silvermine. But I'm not sure he can beat my pal Mikey G. Nobody else seems to be able to.
    Last edited by patentcad; 08-29-07 at 04:52 PM.

  6. #6
    Trying to keep up ericcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    Orbea Onix & Bianchi Premio
    Posts
    1,907
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    I will test the TT helmet on a deserted Orange Cty road in the wee hours of the morning after securing both ends of the course lest anyone see me with this preposterous lid. A visor for that LG (Laughably Goofy) helmet would make it look better? That's almost as silly as the notion that a power meter and smarter training might make Pcad faster.

    Almost.

    Moreoever, any allegation that the ability to hang on the Nyack ride implies that anyone is not slow does not take into account the cunning application of Pcad bungie cord technology. I did hook one to West Point Ben's seatpost on Sunday, and by some miracle, it did not snap. The great thing for anyone who comes on that ride and is afraid of getting lost if they get dropped is this: you can always follow the trail of Pcad's blown gaskets back to Nyack.

    If Dr. W. ever shows up @ Nyack he will drop us all like the Peloton Dogs we are. Woof. I shudder to think how many minutes he will beat me by @ Silvermine. But I'm not sure he can beat my pal Mikey G. Nobody else seems to be able to.
    Next time you see Paul sr. at the gas station filling his hummer, you should see if he could hook you up with a custom paint job for the LG helmet. "weenie" should definitely be there somewhere. Maybe you could go with a wasa theme...

  7. #7
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,299
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericcox View Post
    Next time you see Paul sr. at the gas station filling his hummer, you should see if he could hook you up with a custom paint job for the LG helmet. "weenie" should definitely be there somewhere. Maybe you could go with a wasa theme...
    Where else can you get this kind of intelligent advice and input?

    BikeForums RULES.

    Unfortunately I get the distinct feeling that approaching Paul Sr. for that purpose might be a fatal error.

  8. #8
    pan y agua merlinextraligh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville
    My Bikes
    Wilier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Co-Motion Robusta; Schwinn Paramount; Motobecane Phantom Cross; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er
    Posts
    27,369
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ratebeer View Post
    What helmet did you get?

    If it's the LG, you can get the visor for $30. It looks a lot cooler.
    In my experience, the visor fogs terribly if its humid, and makes the helmet even hotter. And the data is mixed on whether you are faster without it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •