Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    部門ニ/自転車オタク NomadVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    My Bikes
    2005 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2005 Specialized FSR XC Comp, 2008 Blue T16, 2009 Blue RC8, Fetish Cycles Road Bike
    Posts
    3,172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    It's official, I'm calling an end to my season. Best to do in mid-Atl in the spring?

    So, after about a week's worth of debating and some serious thinking it over, I've decided to call an early end to my priority race season. This week's 40km TT and then my circuit race on the 7th of October will be it for me this year.

    I was planning to make some races in November a priority. However, since of none of these races in Japan are going to really do me a lick of good for upgrade points, there's no sense in keeping "in taper" for a month while my CTL stagnates and/or drops significantly by the end of November. So, instead I'm looking at the spring and starting to plan my spring events. Back to base training for me.

    Looks like the first big race for the spring will be Jefferson Cup for me. Looks like a great course and much more my style than all the crits that fill up Feb/March in DC.

    Doesn't even really look like anything to do that would get me upgrade points in Feb/March until then.

    It's starting to get kinda fun looking at the MABRA racing. Also looking at the upstate NY racing so I have a reason to go visit my folks in the Adirondacks through the summer.
    Envision, Energize, Enable

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,363
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The U of MD Pres Cup crit is the 1st scored race of the season, it's a fun, technical crit on the UMD campus.

    Jeff Cup is a great road race, not particularly selective, but a great "racers" course.

    After that Walkersville is another good road race that is ususally 1st week in April, then its a couple of industrial park crits until Poolesville Road Race in May, then it's crits out the yin yang through the summer.

  3. #3
    Oh The Huge Manatee Lithuania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    mabra
    Posts
    4,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UMD is definitely a very fun crit.

    I approached this season with a race every race attitude and after getting hurt in an industrial park i am hoping to restrain myself and be alot more selective in the races I attend and UMD is definitely one Im going to do again.

  4. #4
    ambassador of good will *new*guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NOVA
    My Bikes
    many.
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jefferson Cup was so fun this year. The weather was amazing.

    Are you planning to race unattached? When will you be getting here?

  5. #5
    部門ニ/自転車オタク NomadVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    My Bikes
    2005 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2005 Specialized FSR XC Comp, 2008 Blue T16, 2009 Blue RC8, Fetish Cycles Road Bike
    Posts
    3,172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by *new*guy View Post
    Jefferson Cup was so fun this year. The weather was amazing.

    Are you planning to race unattached? When will you be getting here?
    I'll arrive in DC first week of January.

    Re: attached/unattached - We'll see how Quicksilver and Tradezone go.

    There are a couple teams I like the "feel" of just from race reports here and web information, spacing of group rides, etc. But ultimately, it'll be folks I meet that will make the difference, I'm sure. February will be a busy month, for sure.
    Envision, Energize, Enable

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're looking at the upstate NY calender take a look at Battenkill Roubaix. A really great race and it's usually around the beginning of April.
    Damn the Man, Save the Empire
    Brooklyn Velo Force

  7. #7
    ambassador of good will *new*guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NOVA
    My Bikes
    many.
    Posts
    2,020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadVW View Post
    I'll arrive in DC first week of January.

    Re: attached/unattached - We'll see how Quicksilver and Tradezone go.

    There are a couple teams I like the "feel" of just from race reports here and web information, spacing of group rides, etc. But ultimately, it'll be folks I meet that will make the difference, I'm sure. February will be a busy month, for sure.
    cool. we should schedule a winter BF ride when you get settled.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, WA
    My Bikes
    2004 Cannondale R600
    Posts
    564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where else besides Bikereg to you see all the future bike races?

    I would like to look into next spring to start trying to plan on the races.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,363
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calhoun1 View Post
    Where else besides Bikereg to you see all the future bike races?

    I would like to look into next spring to start trying to plan on the races.
    www.mabra.org - race calender stays fairly consistent from year to year so look at 2007 and go from there

    registration announcements are typically on the mabra google groups listserve.

  10. #10
    Killing Rabbits
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,682
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadVW View Post
    , there's no sense in keeping "in taper" for a month while my CTL stagnates and/or drops significantly by the end of November. So, instead I'm looking at the spring and starting to plan my spring events. Back to base training for me.

    Are you planning on maintaining your insanely high CTL all winter long? The 6 weeks I was at 115 - 120CTL was more than enough for me.

  11. #11
    部門ニ/自転車オタク NomadVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    My Bikes
    2005 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2005 Specialized FSR XC Comp, 2008 Blue T16, 2009 Blue RC8, Fetish Cycles Road Bike
    Posts
    3,172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthalpic View Post
    Are you planning on maintaining your insanely high CTL all winter long? The 6 weeks I was at 115 - 120CTL was more than enough for me.
    I'll continue with the high training load until I move at least. My time may not be as bountiful after the move with a different work schedule, so I intend to take advantage of what I have here. I'm hoping for the best, but there are a lot of unknowns. If I can continue to have the time available that I have now, I'll keep the CTL up there "insanely high" if for no other reason than... well.. I love being on the bike!
    Envision, Energize, Enable

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •