Our team/club title sponsor is a local bike shop. We are currently in the process of establishing the expectations between the the sponsor and team for next year.
Seems that most teams/clubs are at least in part sponsored by a LBS. I'd like to propose that our arrangement be similar to those offered by other LBS' to its sponsored team. So, what does your sponsoring LBS provide to you? Some items off the top of my head:
- equipment discount? What percentage? Is is only on certain items or all items?
- labor discount? again, what percentage?
- first priority turn around time on repairs?
- bulk purchases to get a better deal from the LBS wholesaler?
- do you have "team equipment" like TT specific stuff (wheels, helmet, etc.)?
- does LBS just give you sponsorship cash to be used for team benefit?
Are there different levels of service/discount for different levels of rider (i.e. category?)
In turn, what does the LBS expect from the team members?
- club rides originating from the shop?
- promotional appearances?
- just wearing a jersey with the logo on it?
Thanks in advance.