Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
  1. #1
    Senior Member Homebrew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ffld Cnty Connecticut
    My Bikes
    Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales
    Posts
    16,002
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Cat 4s Doping Now !?!?

    I snipped this from the thread listed below. Jeesh !!! This guy is meesing himself up just to try to compete at a Cat 4 !?!?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    If you've been on this board for any period of time - which you (madtrack) have - then you know the major f'ups RealGains could have helped me avoid regarding test/EQ/turanibol etc. a couple of years ago....not only would I have saved money on peds, I'd of saved money on physical therapy too after - surprise, surprise, I blew-out/strained/tore a tendon after I more then doubled my squat and tried transfering that to the kilo (for awhile I thought I had jumped from a 4 to a 2....till my body reminded me I was a 4)

    I'm still recovering....my threshold is about 225 for example, yup 225...that beats the 160ish that it was last winter....in TT's last season I couldnt even put out the power to get my HR up to the previous 168-172bpm that it would get in TT's...instead 155ish...I didnt even bother with crits...why pay 30 bucks to get dropped in < a lap?

    My theory on why I'm taking so long to recover, is that I am fairly new to being fit (< 5 years -fittest in my life) and lets just say if 40+ masters races wasnt so damn hard, I could race in it, so getting back to that hard fought fitness level (mid packer cat IV) is proving long and slow.

    http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/For...288#post172288

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this person is a tool and not a cyclist.

  3. #3
    DocRay
    Guest
    threshold of 225? I don't think so.

    I heard a rumor that people sometimes tell lies on the internets.

  4. #4
    i got nothing. Crash716's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali Forn NI A (SoCal)
    My Bikes
    13 BH G6 with SRAM Red
    Posts
    5,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    whatever...my max heart rate is like 230....with a resting pulse of about 13.

    i am a cat 5.....strung all out on EPO.
    14 days...

  5. #5
    Sensible shoes. CastIron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Paul,MN
    My Bikes
    A few.
    Posts
    8,799
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before: If you need dope to beat me, you shouldn't even bother getting out of bed. Really, what's the freakin' point?
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by cedricbosch View Post
    It looks silly when you have quotes from other forum members in your signature. Nobody on this forum is that funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by cedricbosch View Post
    Why am I in your signature.

  6. #6
    RustyTainte substructure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    28012
    My Bikes
    zilch
    Posts
    12,321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocRay View Post
    threshold of 225? I don't think so.

    I heard a rumor that people sometimes tell lies on the internets.
    Yes, but these are only rumors.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CastIron View Post
    I've said it before: If you need dope to beat me, you shouldn't even bother getting out of bed. Really, what's the freakin' point?
    yeah the only way anyone would need to dope cat4 is if it is prescribed to sort out a real
    medical condition.

    otherwise there is no point.

    cycling at that level is about time in the saddle.

    you want to dope ? get to be a cat 1 first without dope, then don't get caught.

    that is the only time you'd see a difference vs putting in real actual miles. slobs with low miles
    don't get upgraded for a reason...dope won't help

  8. #8
    elitist jerk daytonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Blow - hio
    My Bikes
    CAAD9
    Posts
    4,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew01 View Post
    I snipped this from the thread listed below. Jeesh !!! This guy is meesing himself up just to try to compete at a Cat 4 !?!?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    If you've been on this board for any period of time - which you (madtrack) have - then you know the major f'ups RealGains could have helped me avoid regarding test/EQ/turanibol etc. a couple of years ago....not only would I have saved money on peds, I'd of saved money on physical therapy too after - surprise, surprise, I blew-out/strained/tore a tendon after I more then doubled my squat and tried transfering that to the kilo (for awhile I thought I had jumped from a 4 to a 2....till my body reminded me I was a 4)

    I'm still recovering....my threshold is about 225 for example, yup 225...that beats the 160ish that it was last winter....in TT's last season I couldnt even put out the power to get my HR up to the previous 168-172bpm that it would get in TT's...instead 155ish...I didnt even bother with crits...why pay 30 bucks to get dropped in < a lap?My theory on why I'm taking so long to recover, is that I am fairly new to being fit (< 5 years -fittest in my life) and lets just say if 40+ masters races wasnt so damn hard, I could race in it, so getting back to that hard fought fitness level (mid packer cat IV) is proving long and slow.

    http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/For...288#post172288

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    His theory is wrong. He kinda sucked all natural. Funny no mention of winning any races doped either.
    I feel like a soiled kleenex dropped in the gutter in the red-light district of Paris.

  9. #9
    Dirt-riding heretic DrPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9
    Posts
    17,416
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm with CastIron. If you need the juice to beat ME, you should consider ritual suicide.
    "Unless he was racing there was no way he could match my speed."

  10. #10
    1.9lb/in pseudobrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Susquehanna shoreline
    My Bikes
    LeMond, CAAD9/1
    Posts
    1,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocRay View Post
    threshold of 225? I don't think so.
    I thought he was talking about wattage.

  11. #11
    Mitcholo CrimsonKarter21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oost Vlaanderen in mind, Cleveland in body
    My Bikes
    2010 Mitcholo w/ Sram Force/Red
    Posts
    8,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How'd you find that post? I didn't mean for it to be posted here!

  12. #12
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    30,264
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with edzo.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  13. #13
    The Truth Ih8lucky13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami
    My Bikes
    Felt f4c, Felt RXC, Guerciotti Khaybar,Guerciotti EM-2, Cervelo P-3.
    Posts
    2,291
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doping stories surprise me, after a bunch of fat and lazy rec softball players were found juicing in my area, just to up thier home-run totals.

  14. #14
    cmh
    cmh is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone doping as a Cat 4 has some serious self esteem issues. Probably has or had other drug addictions as well. It is pretty sad, really.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,918
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash716 View Post
    whatever...my max heart rate is like 230....with a resting pulse of about 13.

    i am a cat 5.....strung all out on EPO.

    I bet you do LT training every day 7 days a week too. Thats the only way to get faster you know.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,918
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    24k question is "why are you looking at PED forums in the first place".

  17. #17
    Raising the Abyss celticfrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    TTing on the MUP
    My Bikes
    Expensive ones that I ride slowly
    Posts
    3,776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ih8lucky13 View Post
    No doping stories surprise me, after a bunch of fat and lazy rec softball players were found juicing in my area, just to up thier home-run totals.
    I actually find this to be kind of hilarious. It's got to at least make it as a SNL or South Park skit

    Quote Originally Posted by wfrogge View Post
    24k question is "why are you looking at PED forums in the first place".
    Pedophile?
    "...in Las Vegas where -the electric bills are staggering -the decor hog wild -and the entertainment saccharine -what a golden age -what a time of right and reason -the consumer's king -and unhappiness is treason..."

  18. #18
    Yep
    Yep is offline
    no cat contains Yep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    wintery and elevated
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudobrit View Post
    I thought he was talking about wattage.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanf
    its a start: 1. measure thighs 2. get on bike 3. win
    cat 2 - 1/30

  19. #19
    Senior Member Duke of Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    My Bikes
    Focus Raven 29er, Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    Posts
    4,576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pleased to say that my "naturally aspirated" left leg is as strong as both of his were last winter...combined.

    What a f###ing p_ssy.
    "If a non personal post makes you feel as if you've been attacked, maybe the problem IS you."

  20. #20
    Burning Matches. ElJamoquio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Le Champion SL, Cervelo P2SL
    Posts
    9,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ih8lucky13 View Post
    No doping stories surprise me, after a bunch of fat and lazy rec softball players were found juicing in my area, just to up thier home-run totals.
    What?

    Link?
    Reacting is mind candy; it requires no thought. Thinking is tedious.

    Bikeforums 'Group Buy': Kinlin Rims, Sapim/DT Spokes, Formula/Bitex Hubs


    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die."
    -Steve Prefontaine

  21. #21
    Realist Greg180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    My Bikes
    Roubaix, Tarmac, Fixed Gear
    Posts
    3,083
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truly laughable...I wonder if he also needs Viagra and Rogaine.

  22. #22
    部門ニ/自転車オタク NomadVW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    My Bikes
    2005 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2005 Specialized FSR XC Comp, 2008 Blue T16, 2009 Blue RC8, Fetish Cycles Road Bike
    Posts
    3,172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew01 View Post
    My theory on why I'm taking so long to recover, is that I am fairly new to being fit (< 5 years -fittest in my life) and lets just say if 40+ masters races wasnt so damn hard, I could race in it, so getting back to that hard fought fitness level (mid packer cat IV) is proving long and slow.
    He has me worried if mid packer cat IV takes hard fought fitness.
    Envision, Energize, Enable

  23. #23
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,331
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg180 View Post
    Truly laughable...I wonder if he also needs Viagra and Rogaine.
    The stealth potshots @ Pcad are duly noted.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    5,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrogge View Post
    24k question is "why are you looking at PED forums in the first place".
    It was posted here last week and it's pretty fascinating to read. When I have more time I'm going to search and see how many posters from here I can find there(so far one).

  25. #25
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,331
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadVW View Post
    He has me worried if mid packer cat IV takes hard fought fitness.
    Spoken like a true Road Nazi. You are hereby awarded the BF Road Nazi Iron Cross. Congratulations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •