Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    alan davis - next year?

    I like Alan Davis (talented sprinter etc) and with discovery folding.. he must be looking for a ride. Anyone know where he is going?

    Fingers crossed its not to Astana...

    He is not on any lists or websites I can find

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?...sfers07/riders

  2. #2
    Senior Member classic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is speculation he will go to Caisse d Esparne but it hasn't been widely reported in the media yet.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    My Bikes
    Scapin EOS7 sloping, 10v Record, Ksyriums
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs Ed is organising a photo shoot next week for Ride with a bunch of Aussie pros....I'll get her to ask Cadel or Stu or Gerro (apparently all available) about Alby.

  4. #4
    seppomadness
    Guest
    Hey Ed did you manage to find out anything about Davis?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    My Bikes
    Scapin EOS7 sloping, 10v Record, Ksyriums
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seppomadness View Post
    Hey Ed did you manage to find out anything about Davis?
    update.....the missus didn't attend, but her boss did. No queires put forward as to Alby's future, but the photos look great. Will also be on the cover.

    The lads look a million bucks.

  6. #6
    seppomadness
    Guest
    I hope he does a little one year deal and then goes straight to the Aus Pro Tour team in 09.

    I am still creaming my pants over that prospect.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see Alby on any rosters?

  8. #8
    Senior Member classic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said in the Melbourne press last week that he is hoping a good Aussie Road title (ie win) will get him a contract.

  9. #9
    Senior Member classic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyinsydney View Post
    I like Alan Davis (talented sprinter etc) and with discovery folding.. he must be looking for a ride. Anyone know where he is going?

    Fingers crossed its not to Astana...

    He is not on any lists or websites I can find

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?...sfers07/riders

    Davis was riding around on an Argon18 at the Bay series and Aussie Road title like his FRF Couriers team mates

    At the TDU he is riding a Trek with SRAM components. Take a wild guess which team rides Trek with SRAM?

  10. #10
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,337
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classic1 View Post
    Davis was riding around on an Argon18 at the Bay series and Aussie Road title like his FRF Couriers team mates

    At the TDU he is riding a Trek with SRAM components. Take a wild guess which team rides Trek with SRAM?
    team bike and rumors, but no contract at the TdU. groundhog day?

    what is it with bruyneel and him, waiting until after the TdU is over to officially announce he's signed?

  11. #11
    Senior Member classic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, its deja vu.

    Somethings in the pipeline. His director for the TDU said in the oz press the other day that 'something will be annouced re: Davis in Feb'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •