Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (http://www.bikeforums.net/33-road-bike-racing/)
-   -   AToC Prologue 2008........... (http://www.bikeforums.net/33-road-bike-racing/389161-atoc-prologue-2008-a.html)

erader 02-17-08 08:53 PM

AToC Prologue 2008...........
 
fabian cancellara....oh my :eek:!

http://www.fototime.com/AEFB3C0205C1A04/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/7B08B1418435908/orig.jpg

ed rader

Snuffleupagus 02-17-08 09:02 PM

Man, what is your camera setup? Your pics are amazing.

erader 02-17-08 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus (Post 6183787)
Man, what is your camera setup? Your pics are amazing.

thanx man. i used the canon 1d mark III and 70-200L f4 IS. the mark III is capable of 10 fps but i knocked it back to seven.

http://www.fototime.com/70CF9741D15AC29/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/D99AA6288C50EF8/orig.jpg

ed rader

Greg180 02-17-08 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus (Post 6183787)
Man, what is your camera setup? Your pics are amazing.

Yeah what gives...The depth of field indicates a long range lens and the clarity indicates high speed. Seems very top end. Probably VR also.

Excellent shots. Those are magazine cover worthy.

Greg180 02-17-08 09:10 PM

Got in late..Nice Setup and excellent postion. How long did you have to stand there to get that spot?

erader 02-17-08 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg180 (Post 6183827)
Got in late..Nice Setup and excellent postion. How long did you have to stand there to get that spot?

there were plenty of places where i was at.

http://www.fototime.com/C6020F4FFB341AE/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/DB189A735D7753F/orig.jpg

ed rader

Cleave 02-17-08 09:19 PM

Hi ed,

Very nicely done! :) I remember your great shots from last year.

Cancellara is a monster.

slim_77 02-17-08 09:31 PM

When I used to shoot thoroughbred racing I used a similar set up. Excellent excellent pics...that second Boonen & Cancellara shots are worth selling...go for the sponsors, they need high quality images of their studs in their gear for ads.

erader 02-17-08 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleave (Post 6183881)
Hi ed,

Very nicely done! :) I remember your great shots from last year.

Cancellara is a monster.



thank you!...no shortage of monsters today :eek:!

http://www.fototime.com/6E01AFE806CF52A/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/1D7B14F07B49267/orig.jpg

ed rader

erader 02-17-08 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim_77 (Post 6183966)
When I used to shoot thoroughbred racing I used a similar set up. Excellent excellent pics...that second Boonen & Cancellara shots are worth selling...go for the sponsors, they need high quality images of their studs in their gear for ads.

thank you! ..................


http://www.fototime.com/62410D1BDC5FBDC/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/641238584362B69/orig.jpg

ed rader

Frunkin 02-17-08 09:47 PM

Awesome pictures.
The new CSC kit is pretty bland this year.

erader 02-17-08 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frunkin (Post 6184089)
Awesome pictures.
The new CSC kit is pretty bland this year.


yep...i liked their kit better before....at least they got rid of that silly blue ad on the legs of the shorts :eek:!

http://www.fototime.com/F06FD246393FCE8/orig.jpg

ed rader

garysol1 02-17-08 10:00 PM

Nice shots. It took me 3 MK III bodies to find one that would consistently focus. Thank god for CPS.



Quote:

Originally Posted by erader (Post 6183803)
thanx man. i used the canon 1d mark III and 70-200L f4 IS. the mark III is capable of 10 fps but i knocked it back to seven.


prendrefeu 02-17-08 10:03 PM

Man, Jens is all torn up! gnarly.

erader 02-17-08 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysol1 (Post 6184183)
Nice shots. It took me 3 MK III bodies to find one that would consistently focus. Thank god for CPS.

do you have a blue dot now? are you completely satisfied with the AF?

ed rader

garysol1 02-17-08 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erader (Post 6184219)
do you have a blue dot now? are you completely satisfied with the AF?

ed rader

After the 3rd one I was happy. It was odd. I would shoot something stationary....a tree maybe. 1st shot would be tack on. second shot from same spot would be soft. Lenses made no difference. Now this was 3 years ago so I assume they have figured out the issues. I left the business about 3 years ago and did not renew my CPS membership.

erader 02-17-08 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysol1 (Post 6184260)
After the 3rd one I was happy. It was odd. I would shoot something stationary....a tree maybe. 1st shot would be tack on. second shot from same spot would be soft. Lenses made no difference. Now this was 3 years ago so I assume they have figured out the issues. I left the business about 3 years ago and did not renew my CPS membership.

the 1d mark II has been in production for less than a year :eek:!

ed rader

mike9903 02-17-08 10:19 PM

anything of Hincapie???

garysol1 02-17-08 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erader (Post 6184297)
the 1d mark II has been in production for less than a year :eek:!

ed rader

Let me think. Originally we had the 1D. That was replaced by the Mark II.......Maybe it was the II I had all the issues with????? It is passed my bed time...LoL

EDIT....Just looking back at some of my files. It was the 1d Mark II.

deadly downtube 02-17-08 10:23 PM

dude! nice pics! thx for those.. only recognized fabian, boonen, and levi... levi has a goblin grimace on his face lol... beautiful!!
love cancellaras splatter paint sunglasses..

botto 02-17-08 10:32 PM

fantastic Ed!

now let's see some snaps of dave z and steven cozza and their 'staches!

erader 02-17-08 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike9903 (Post 6184316)
anything of Hincapie???

hold on....i have 16 gigs of raw files. just found big george in his ugly *** kit..........

here you go. i didn't really nail any good ones of big george. i'll keep an eye out for him on sierra road and in solvang.

http://www.fototime.com/EF35671949DCE33/orig.jpg

ed rader

erader 02-17-08 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botto (Post 6184398)
fantastic Ed!

now let's see some snaps of dave z and steven cozza and their 'staches!

there was a lotta facial hair today i noticed. the rock team was a trip. the team car was a new rolls and they drove escalades that were pimped out. the gals were all pretty cute and everyone had black hair and was dressed in black. the nose bridge to the official rock sunglasses was a skull. they all had cute names on embroidered on their shirts.

one guy was "big daddy". one of the chicks was "b buster".

i'll throw some pics up of them later :eek:.

ed rader

mike9903 02-17-08 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erader (Post 6184401)
hold on....i have 16 gigs of raw files. just found big george in his ugly *** kit..........

here you go. i didn't really nail any good ones of big george. i'll keep an eye out for him on sierra road and in solvang.

http://www.fototime.com/EF35671949DCE33/orig.jpg

ed rader

Thanks so much, I have a HUGE man crush on George!!!!!

I was looking forward to seeing him in pink, this kit is horrible even the TT helmet looks cheap. . . .

EDIT: After the "Man Crush" thing, thought that it was necessary to state that I am married and have a 1 month old son!

JF1 02-17-08 10:50 PM

Awesome pics!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 AM.