My wife and I had a V02 and RMR test today. I wrote a longer account of it on my blog, but am summarizing my results here. It was relatively straigtforward. First we sat for the RMR test, with a mask over our face to measure the oxygen and carbon dioxide. The test took 5 minutes, and then we had the results. It was interesting to note that for both of us, we had a small movement that caused a noticeable spike in the data! Also, although it wasnít being recorded, my HR was between 38 and 47 for the duration of the test, and usually in the low 40s.
For the RMR tets, my VO2 was 249, VCO2 238, for a respiratory quotient (RQ) of 0.96. Kimís VO2 was 239, VCO2 213, for an RQ of 0.89.
For my VO2 test, I was just under 300watts for my AT, after about 10 minutes with an HR of 162bpm and a VO2/kg of 52.6. I continued for another 5 minutes to a peak of 400watts at 181bpm and a VO2/kg of 65.9. I may have been able to hold the next level for a few seconds but I didnít care to try.
For my recovery from the peak of 181bpm, I was at 144bpm after 1 minute and 119bpm after 2 minutes, and my RQ was 34% and 57% recovered, respectively.