Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Double Secret Probation R900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Eastern Indiana
    My Bikes
    Madone 6 series SSL, Cannondale CX9, Trek TTX, Trek 970, Trek T2000
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hueston Woods Race Photos

    We had several from Richmond race at Hueston Woods today, so I went down to help support. They were all CAT 5's so the pictures are from that group. I wasn't sure if any of the Ohio area BF'ers raced, but if you were a CAT 5 I might have caught you. I was reversing the course in the silver VW. Here is my Flickr set:

    http://flickr.com/photos/21013651@N0...7604319967179/

    Cold wet day, but 6/7 finished.
    Time to Ride...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a couple of appearences in there, thanks for posting. I'm the big guy in a bright green jersey with the red bike and helmet. The hills got to me, but I still managed a 13th.

  3. #3
    Double Secret Probation R900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Eastern Indiana
    My Bikes
    Madone 6 series SSL, Cannondale CX9, Trek TTX, Trek 970, Trek T2000
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This must be you:



    I had a couple more pics on the computer. I screwed up and missed the CAT 5 finish. The first guy crossed way ahead, and then I was fooling around when the lead group came though for second, etc... I did catch a couple of our guys on the back end of the pack.

    The hills would have killed me.

    Are you the guy that does the Greenville TT with your daughter?
    Time to Ride...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richmond Race as in Richmond IN? Even if I am in no shape I should have come over to OH to watch the race. I went riding this afternoon and the weather was harsh.

  5. #5
    Double Secret Probation R900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Eastern Indiana
    My Bikes
    Madone 6 series SSL, Cannondale CX9, Trek TTX, Trek 970, Trek T2000
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there is a very active group in Richmond, IN. Most of faster guys are Tri-guys, but a nice mix of young, older, fast, and slower. The local shop even order jerseys, but they won't be in until the end of next month. Are you in the area? I rode to Concord Church this morning, it's about a 28 mile loop from Richmond.
    Time to Ride...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R900 View Post
    Yes, there is a very active group in Richmond, IN. Most of faster guys are Tri-guys, but a nice mix of young, older, fast, and slower. The local shop even order jerseys, but they won't be in until the end of next month. Are you in the area? I rode to Concord Church this morning, it's about a 28 mile loop from Richmond.
    I am at Earlham. Which shop are you talking about, the new one that took over from Kessler's? Didn't realize there were group rides going down

  7. #7
    Elite Fred mollusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Edge City
    My Bikes
    2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
    Posts
    10,602
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just have to ask. Is this Hueston Woods just north of Oxford, OH? I rode through there about 20 years ago on a Ride called the Ft. Hamilton 100. I trashed a Mavic GP4 rim at the bottom of a hill in Hueston Woods where there was a trench cut all the way across the pavement at the bottom of a hill. I saw it too late.
    I'm the world's forgotten boy. The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy.

  8. #8
    Quarq shill cslone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    My Bikes
    08 Felt F4, 05 Fuji Team SL, 08 Planet X Stealth, 10 Kona Jake the Snake, 03 Giant OCR flat bar.
    Posts
    3,962
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, NW of Oxford.
    FS: Fuji SL1 frameset, 55.5cm toptube, excellent condition.

  9. #9
    Double Secret Probation R900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Eastern Indiana
    My Bikes
    Madone 6 series SSL, Cannondale CX9, Trek TTX, Trek 970, Trek T2000
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    I am at Earlham. Which shop are you talking about, the new one that took over from Kessler's? Didn't realize there were group rides going down
    There are two guys that often ride from Earlham, one is in the blue/white kit with the Bianchi green cap under his helemt - strong rider - graduates in May.

    Yes, the shop is Cycling and Fitness Warehouse that bought Kessler's, they are down my the trail head. Most of the group rides are leaving from there instead of the West side now. Rides should start picking up very soon.

    There is also a new google group for the area:

    http://groups.google.com/group/richmond-cycling

    It should include most of the ride info. Before that everything was handled via email. Tues/Thurs rides might start this week depending on weather.

    They are mostly no-drop, the group will stretch out, but almost always regroups, often the leaders will trail back and pick people up or just weight at an intersection. Routes for the most part are common, Abington, Concord Church, North Round Barn, West. Distance will start picking up as weather improves, and after the Boston Marathon as several regulars are running so not cycling much now.

    You are more then welcome to join.
    Time to Ride...

  10. #10
    abandoning fly:yes/land:no's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was there. i was cold, but happy to be racing. felt really good (didn't have to do any work since there was a teammate in the 2 man break). i guess i got some sort of slow leak flat. going up the first climb on the 4th lap, i could tell something was off, looked down and saw the rear had a massive contact patch. bummer.

    incidentally, as i went to watch the race, one of my teammates in the 4's flatted his front tubie, so i drove my truck ahead of the field and exchanged it for my front. my teammate wanted to get ahead of the field when he exchanged, so when he saw me pull over, he sprinted off the front yelling: "THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK! THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK!" we laughed about that one later.

    also, shayne, do you have a new bike coming soon?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R900 View Post
    There are two guys that often ride from Earlham, one is in the blue/white kit with the Bianchi green cap under his helemt - strong rider - graduates in May.

    Yes, the shop is Cycling and Fitness Warehouse that bought Kessler's, they are down my the trail head. Most of the group rides are leaving from there instead of the West side now. Rides should start picking up very soon.

    There is also a new google group for the area:

    http://groups.google.com/group/richmond-cycling

    It should include most of the ride info. Before that everything was handled via email. Tues/Thurs rides might start this week depending on weather.

    They are mostly no-drop, the group will stretch out, but almost always regroups, often the leaders will trail back and pick people up or just weight at an intersection. Routes for the most part are common, Abington, Concord Church, North Round Barn, West. Distance will start picking up as weather improves, and after the Boston Marathon as several regulars are running so not cycling much now.

    You are more then welcome to join.
    Heh, yeah, that's Jack. I know him well. I'd join, but I am not comfortable with my level of fitness. I am totally out of shape after being gone for a year.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R900 View Post
    This must be you:


    I had a couple more pics on the computer. I screwed up and missed the CAT 5 finish. The first guy crossed way ahead, and then I was fooling around when the lead group came though for second, etc... I did catch a couple of our guys on the back end of the pack.

    The hills would have killed me.

    Are you the guy that does the Greenville TT with your daughter?
    Yep that's me and it's me in Greenville too. I think the only way to TT, is to take a 40 lb bike and strap a nine year old to the back, then just flog away on you quads.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fly:yes/land:no View Post
    also, shayne, do you have a new bike coming soon?
    The new frame (Casati) came in last Thur. Built it up on Fri. and did a short ride with it on Sat. It's awsome. 17.75 lbs, not bad for a 62x61. I just didn't want to bring it out and race it without getting some more time on it. Plus it would have gotten dirty. The old 21 lb steely got one more call.

  14. #14
    Cat WTF
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  15. #15
    Double Secret Probation R900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Eastern Indiana
    My Bikes
    Madone 6 series SSL, Cannondale CX9, Trek TTX, Trek 970, Trek T2000
    Posts
    2,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    Heh, yeah, that's Jack. I know him well. I'd join, but I am not comfortable with my level of fitness. I am totally out of shape after being gone for a year.
    Just show up, you'll be fine.
    Time to Ride...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •