Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-08, 02:45 PM   #1
feethanddooth
this one's optimistic...
Thread Starter
 
feethanddooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: central new jersey
Bikes: cannondale r400 2006 kona smoke 2005 scott cr1 team
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nj individual tt championships june 1

any of you going to be there? also, this is my first tt of more than 10k(its 40k) and i have no idea how i should manage my power. strategy?
feethanddooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 08:05 PM   #2
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero
 
DrWJODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Driving the pace in the crosswind
Bikes:
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will be there. Last off of the Senior men. Chasing the fastest of the fast!

Pacing? I like thirds and negative splitting. Good luck and feel free to say hi if you like.
DrWJODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 08:31 PM   #3
geneman
rider of small bicycles
 
geneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Rochester, New York
Bikes: Cannondale
Posts: 1,686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWJODonnell View Post
Will be there. Last off of the Senior men. Chasing the fastest of the fast!

Pacing? I like thirds and negative splitting. Good luck and feel free to say hi if you like.
Aren't you a new york resident? If so, I doubt they'd keep you from competing, but would it count if you won? I ask because I know you did the NYS TT championships last year.

-mark
geneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 08:33 PM   #4
feethanddooth
this one's optimistic...
Thread Starter
 
feethanddooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: central new jersey
Bikes: cannondale r400 2006 kona smoke 2005 scott cr1 team
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWJODonnell View Post
Pacing? I like thirds and negative splitting.
whats thirds and negative splitting?


will say hi if see you. im in the 19 group going off at 930am. expecting to get passed by some guys.
feethanddooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-08, 09:01 PM   #5
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero
 
DrWJODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Driving the pace in the crosswind
Bikes:
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneman View Post
Aren't you a new york resident? If so, I doubt they'd keep you from competing, but would it count if you won? I ask because I know you did the NYS TT championships last year.

-mark
I did the Trifecta last year, NJ, NY, and PA Championships. I grew up in the Mohawk Valley region of NY, but have been a resident of various places throughout my life - the past 4 years in NJ. So, I hope to get a nice Jersey and medal in a few days. But there is some GREAT competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feethanddooth View Post
whats thirds and negative splitting?


will say hi if see you. im in the 19 group going off at 930am. expecting to get passed by some guys.
Divide into thirds (roughly 8 mile segments) and negative splits so that each subsequent third is faster (less time) than the previous. For example, 20 minutes, 19 minutes, 18 minutes would be an example of negative splits which would bring you home around 57 or so for the 40k.

Good luck to you.
DrWJODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-08, 07:11 AM   #6
feethanddooth
this one's optimistic...
Thread Starter
 
feethanddooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: central new jersey
Bikes: cannondale r400 2006 kona smoke 2005 scott cr1 team
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWJODonnell View Post
Divide into thirds (roughly 8 mile segments) and negative splits so that each subsequent third is faster (less time) than the previous. For example, 20 minutes, 19 minutes, 18 minutes would be an example of negative splits which would bring you home around 57 or so for the 40k.

Good luck to you.
thanks thats sounds like a good game plan. im hoping to break 1 hour.
feethanddooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 03:14 PM   #7
feethanddooth
this one's optimistic...
Thread Starter
 
feethanddooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: central new jersey
Bikes: cannondale r400 2006 kona smoke 2005 scott cr1 team
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i tried doing the splitting negatives thing. to be honest, i just made sure i didnt start too hard and then rode as hard as i could at a sustained pace.

i felt really happy with my effort. didnt really blow up and was able to stay in the top half of the of the field. cant wait for my next one. just glad it isnt any time soon!!!

im in pain!!!!!!!!

120 out of 317 riders.
1:02:09
average speed was 23.99mph


how about you other guys/girls?
feethanddooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 05:43 PM   #8
DrWJODonnell
Slow'n'Aero
 
DrWJODonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Driving the pace in the crosswind
Bikes:
Posts: 2,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feethanddooth View Post
i tried doing the splitting negatives thing. to be honest, i just made sure i didnt start too hard and then rode as hard as i could at a sustained pace.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by feethanddooth View Post
i felt really happy with my effort. didnt really blow up and was able to stay in the top half of the of the field. cant wait for my next one. just glad it isnt any time soon!!!
Mostly Ditto, though I did Crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feethanddooth View Post
im in pain!!!!!!!!
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by feethanddooth View Post
120 out of 317 riders.
1:02:09
average speed was 23.99mph
Almost ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feethanddooth View Post
how about you other guys/girls?
Race report here.
DrWJODonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-08, 07:06 PM   #9
feethanddooth
this one's optimistic...
Thread Starter
 
feethanddooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: central new jersey
Bikes: cannondale r400 2006 kona smoke 2005 scott cr1 team
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWJODonnell View Post
Ditto



Mostly Ditto, though I did Crack.



Ditto



Almost ditto.



Race report here.
sick time man. good job!
feethanddooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.