I am planning on racing for the first time this coming year (2009)
I just finished school last week (i'm 20) and have almost two months before I go back. I am dedicating this time to training, but I need some help. I'll ask a few questions and feel free to add any input you want. As for my current level, I can currently ride centuries no problem, I can keep up with my advanced group in my club (usually, I tend to get dropped in the hills). I have around 16% body fat.
1) How should I focus my time? hr/week? miles/week? I will be free to ride up to 4 hours 5 days per week. is less sometimes more?
2) what is a weekly traning schedule look like? in regards to rest and recovery rides.
3) What to eat, what to absolutely NOT eat? when to eat?
4) I hate weight training, is it necessary?
5)I use a garmin 305 with HR. should I pick up a cadence?
6)I love hills, but I don't have a climber build. Should I focus on flat ground training or climb anyways?
7) 6'1" 205lbs. This is too heavy for serious cycling so what is the best way to shed some lbs in regards to riding? Hills? long distances? more time on bike at lower hr?
8) I am willing to absolutely kick my ass for the next two months, please help me do it smart.