Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Tour of Atlanta

  1. #1
    trois, mon frère JaRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami, FL
    My Bikes
    '01 Gary Fisher Wahoo, '08 Giant TCR C2
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Tour of Atlanta

    1 prologue, 1 crit, 4 circuits, 1 RR.

    Who's in? I'm pretty sure I will be going, as will some of the other UF kiddies. It's going to be a really long weekend.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the races are going to be taking place about 1 hour from me. The other is like 1 hour 45 min.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerOne View Post
    Get the Trek, either one. You'll piss off BF and you'll be happy.

    Co owner of The Chain Station bike shop.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Custom Custom Custom
    Posts
    5,104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm bringing a whole crew from ohio. 2 in the P/1/2, 3 in 3's

  4. #4
    trois, mon frère JaRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami, FL
    My Bikes
    '01 Gary Fisher Wahoo, '08 Giant TCR C2
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized that there is no omnium for anyone but the p12. That sucks.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Custom Custom Custom
    Posts
    5,104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its still a 4 day hurt fest.

  6. #6
    trois, mon frère JaRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami, FL
    My Bikes
    '01 Gary Fisher Wahoo, '08 Giant TCR C2
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 1 and it already hurts.

  7. #7
    My idea of fun kensuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    My Bikes
    '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
    Posts
    9,727
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaRow View Post
    Day 1 and it already hurts.
    How'd the rest of the weekend work out for you?
    Putting the Duh in Floriduh.

  8. #8
    trois, mon frère JaRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami, FL
    My Bikes
    '01 Gary Fisher Wahoo, '08 Giant TCR C2
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically, the weekend was dominated by people that were perfectly happy riding around in a pack until the finish. I don't have much of a sprint so I found myself attacking on almost every stage. Every attack failed, but at least I got some sort of a workout.

    The RR was the bright, shiny spot of the weekend. I got into a 3 man break for about 10 miles. When we got caught, I recovered for 10 min and jumped on another break. It failed too. I cruised around in easy for the next hour. I think I finished in the top 10. A 14yr that outputs 5watts/kg won.

    I'm not a big fan of Georgia Cup. I think that will be my last GC race.

  9. #9
    My idea of fun kensuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    My Bikes
    '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
    Posts
    9,727
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaRow View Post
    Basically, the weekend was dominated by people that were perfectly happy riding around in a pack until the finish. I don't have much of a sprint so I found myself attacking on almost every stage. Every attack failed, but at least I got some sort of a workout.

    The RR was the bright, shiny spot of the weekend. I got into a 3 man break for about 10 miles. When we got caught, I recovered for 10 min and jumped on another break. It failed too. I cruised around in easy for the next hour. I think I finished in the top 10. A 14yr that outputs 5watts/kg won.

    I'm not a big fan of Georgia Cup. I think that will be my last GC race.
    Yeah. Racing in Georgia is a lot of fun. Racing the Georgia Cup races isn't.

    You should think about doing the Georgia State Games up in Kennesaw in mid-July. There's no money on the line, but the races are just damned fun. However, if history repeats itself, the cat4 crit will be in a downpour (I'm assuming you're a 4).

    BTW -- who are you and do you do the hipp rides?
    Putting the Duh in Floriduh.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,918
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaRow View Post
    Basically, the weekend was dominated by people that were perfectly happy riding around in a pack until the finish. I don't have much of a sprint so I found myself attacking on almost every stage. Every attack failed, but at least I got some sort of a workout.

    The RR was the bright, shiny spot of the weekend. I got into a 3 man break for about 10 miles. When we got caught, I recovered for 10 min and jumped on another break. It failed too. I cruised around in easy for the next hour. I think I finished in the top 10. A 14yr that outputs 5watts/kg won.

    I'm not a big fan of Georgia Cup. I think that will be my last GC race.
    Translation....


    I have a weak sprint and hate the player and the game.
    Please remember that all statements unless quoted, are strictly my opinion of what happened. That there are as many opinions as there are spectators attending. I just choose to publish mine on this forum. And would NEVER intend to purposely hurt or discredit any other cyclist.... With that said... HTFU!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only did 3 of the 7 races but won Cat3 on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerOne View Post
    Get the Trek, either one. You'll piss off BF and you'll be happy.

    Co owner of The Chain Station bike shop.

  12. #12
    trois, mon frère JaRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gainesville/Miami, FL
    My Bikes
    '01 Gary Fisher Wahoo, '08 Giant TCR C2
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdy291 View Post
    I only did 3 of the 7 races but won Cat3 on Saturday.
    The cat3 races looked difficult so I can't blame you for doing so few.

    Quote Originally Posted by wfrogge View Post
    Translation....


    I have a weak sprint and hate the player and the game.
    Precisely

    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    Yeah. Racing in Georgia is a lot of fun. Racing the Georgia Cup races isn't.

    You should think about doing the Georgia State Games up in Kennesaw in mid-July. There's no money on the line, but the races are just damned fun. However, if history repeats itself, the cat4 crit will be in a downpour (I'm assuming you're a 4).

    BTW -- who are you and do you do the hipp rides?
    I might do those races. The crit course looks fun.

    Yup, I'm a 4 now. Hopefully, if I stop racing like a moron, I will be able to upgrade to 3's soon.

    I will probably be doing one of the hipp rides next week. I'll make sure to introduce myself.

  13. #13
    My idea of fun kensuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    My Bikes
    '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
    Posts
    9,727
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaRow View Post
    Yup, I'm a 4 now. Hopefully, if I stop racing like a moron, I will be able to upgrade to 3's soon.

    I will probably be doing one of the hipp rides next week. I'll make sure to introduce myself.
    I'll only be on Tuesdays ride, and most likely sitting in. Stuart's coming up, then Ocala, so it's time to ease up on the hard weekday rides.

    BTW, I'll be the guy on the giant with the cycle-logic kit.
    Putting the Duh in Floriduh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •