Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,326
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    so...Timmy dropped me.

    Feel bad because the Internet tough guy is banned and all. Thought I would dro you all a line to let you know he is actually a pretty strong rider in real life. He's on my team and does a Tuesday night ride with me every week. Lately he's been dialing it up.

    Colorchange and I were on a break last week...sad I know... And after driving it for a while I was roasted. I was just hanging in there thinking we had driven the nail in everyones coffin about 10 miles ago and that I could take it easy up the "big" climb. About half way up I heard tires gripping and I turned to see Timmyquest come flying by.

    He get props from me...now to get his butt out of cat 5....

  2. #2
    umd
    umd is offline
    Banned umd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT
    Posts
    28,343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,332
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm loving this.

  4. #4
    3 seconds ColorChange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, NW burbs
    Posts
    2,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been real tough lately ... except for last week when I buried his slow, fat, lamo, arse last week.


    (he's still banned right?)

  5. #5
    going roundy round wanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    High Point, NC
    Posts
    6,052
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like "grasshopper" has snatched the pebble from your hand. Time to send him out into the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by CastIron View Post
    Damn.

  6. #6
    Wheelsuck Fat Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psimet needs to go to the penalty box....2 minutes....feel shame. Then go free.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Duke of Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    My Bikes
    Focus Raven 29er, Santa Cruz Blur LTc
    Posts
    4,576
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to come back to IL this summer and make my rounds on the group ride circuit of western suburbia.

    I haven't been on a road ride with another person in 6 weeks. I NEED to ride with someone, and soon.
    "If a non personal post makes you feel as if you've been attacked, maybe the problem IS you."

  8. #8
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,326
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best part is I am sure he's reading this too....everytime I see him he can tell me exactly how many hours remain in his ban....


    ....followed quickly by a rant.....

  9. #9
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,326
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Kent View Post
    I need to come back to IL this summer and make my rounds on the group ride circuit of western suburbia.

    I haven't been on a road ride with another person in 6 weeks. I NEED to ride with someone, and soon.
    You would have loved it...2 weeks ago....out in Barington....out of nowhere....something like 3 or 4 group rides all ended up together at the same place at the same time.

    xXx, ABD, Bicycle-Heaven, Project 5, Verdigris, Village Cyclesport, Wheelwerks, BBC, even Chronometro all had guys there. It was like something out of a movie.... Probably close to 50-80 riders in all. Felt like a crit was going to break out.

  10. #10
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,338
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
    Feel bad because the Internet tough guy is banned and all. Thought I would dro you all a line to let you know he is actually a pretty strong rider in real life. He's on my team and does a Tuesday night ride with me every week. Lately he's been dialing it up.

    Colorchange and I were on a break last week...sad I know... And after driving it for a while I was roasted. I was just hanging in there thinking we had driven the nail in everyones coffin about 10 miles ago and that I could take it easy up the "big" climb. About half way up I heard tires gripping and I turned to see Timmyquest come flying by.

    He get props from me...now to get his butt out of cat 5....
    sad because you were in a break, or sad because you were in a break with someone who's a wannabe tough guy who claims he'd try and take you out if you don't pull through?
    Last edited by botto; 05-26-09 at 07:10 AM.

  11. #11
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,326
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad because I considered it a break on a group ride.

    ....I did keep an eye open for a shimmy in the corner though....

  12. #12
    RustyTainte substructure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    28012
    My Bikes
    zilch
    Posts
    12,321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it time to train with Timmay?

  13. #13
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,338
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
    Sad because I considered it a break on a group ride.

    ....I did keep an eye open for a shimmy in the corner though....

  14. #14
    3 seconds ColorChange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, NW burbs
    Posts
    2,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, and I didn't do it.

    I just decided it was simply better to drop everyone and win off the front, that way I could avoid my sprint weakness and not have to resort to tacky tactics.



    OK come on, I don't think I've won the final sprint all season till then so I had to say that.


    In the interests of full disclosure ... I had to go to 98% heart rate max twice to keep in front of Psi.
    Last edited by ColorChange; 05-26-09 at 07:54 AM.

  15. #15
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was off the back.

  16. #16
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,338
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorChange View Post
    LOL, and I didn't do it. ; )

    I just decided it was simply better to drop everyone and win off the front, that way I could avoid my sprint weakness and not have to resort to
    tacky tactics.:thu mb:



    OK come on, I don't think I've won the final sprint all season till then so I had to say that.: o


    In the interests of full disclosure ... I had to go to 98% heart rate max twice to keep in front of Psi.:twit chy:
    is 'tacky' heartlandish for asinine?

  17. #17
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,326
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooo....that does bring up a point that I forgot. I beat TQ in the first sprint of the night. He kept pouring it on and I just kept matching him. I easily had him but I thought I would throw the bike for added soul crushing effect.

  18. #18
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
    Feel bad because the Internet tough guy is banned and all. Thought I would dro you all a line to let you know he is actually a pretty strong rider in real life. He's on my team and does a Tuesday night ride with me every week. Lately he's been dialing it up.
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to get re-banned...

    Quote Originally Posted by ColorChange View Post
    He has been real tough lately ... except for last week when I buried his slow, fat, lamo, arse last week.

    (he's still banned right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
    Oooo....that does bring up a point that I forgot. I beat TQ in the first sprint of the night. He kept pouring it on and I just kept matching him. I easily had him but I thought I would throw the bike for added soul crushing effect.
    CC, what slow fat lamo arse won the final sprint the week before? And who did he pass to win it?

    And PSI, who led you out for that sprint?


  19. #19
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,326
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's baaaaaack.

  20. #20
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  21. #21
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,995
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Props ^^
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  22. #22
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,338
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did timmy come in guns blazing and get himself permabanned?

  23. #23
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto View Post
    did timmy come in guns blazing and get himself permabanned?
    Whoa. I guess so.


    Not to wreck his online tough guy pose, but he's really a reserved guy in real life. At least the few times I've met him to ride on Tuesdays, that is.

  24. #24
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,332
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's a shame, but I think we can all conclude that TQ had to be doping anyway to pass Psmit on that climb.

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  25. #25
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,332
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the way, I can only conclude that I don't get banned because the mods have come to the realization at long last that Pcad is the BF Voice of Reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •