Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-09, 11:04 AM   #1
kensuf
My idea of fun
Thread Starter
 
kensuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Bikes: '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
Posts: 9,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
St. Joe's RR

Is now canceled. Craptacular.

http://www.floridacycling.com/
kensuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 11:25 AM   #2
YMCA
starting pistol means war
 
YMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Bikes: Cervelo R3
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and the Sat crit is as follows:

10am = cat5's and first-timers
11am = all masters 35/45/55
noon = pro/1/2/3/4

They are expecting very small turnouts after the RR cancellation and last weekends pathetic Sugarloaf attendance (record lows)

more info is here www.floridacycling.com
YMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 11:29 AM   #3
kensuf
My idea of fun
Thread Starter
 
kensuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Bikes: '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
Posts: 9,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMCA View Post
and the Sat crit is as follows:

10am = cat5's and first-timers
11am = all masters 35/45/55
noon = pro/1/2/3/4

They are expecting very small turnouts after the RR cancellation and last weekends pathetic Sugarloaf attendance (record lows)

more info is here www.floridacycling.com
Yeah. I suspect a strong contingent is going to N. Georgia to brave 6 gap too.

That p/1/2/3/4 race is going to be nuts.
kensuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 11:49 AM   #4
YMCA
starting pistol means war
 
YMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Bikes: Cervelo R3
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
Yeah. I suspect a strong contingent is going to N. Georgia to brave 6 gap too.

That p/1/2/3/4 race is going to be nuts.
true on 6-gap

and the crit is non-FPS now, so it will be no different than a larger local training crit (iow - Tampa riders mainly)
YMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 11:54 AM   #5
saratoga
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tampa
Bikes: ?
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess Ocala is the last race then.

A P-1234 crit though? That sounds only slightly less dangerous than the course last weekend.
saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 12:14 PM   #6
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
Posts: 10,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
Is now canceled. Craptacular.

http://www.floridacycling.com/
F

I planned on doing that one.

And it looks like I can't do "States" down on Germantown Road unless I burn up a decade's worth of family goodwill.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 01:01 PM   #7
kensuf
My idea of fun
Thread Starter
 
kensuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Bikes: '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
Posts: 9,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
F

I planned on doing that one.

And it looks like I can't do "States" down on Germantown Road unless I burn up a decade's worth of family goodwill.
Tell you what. We'll organize a non-sanctioned race this weekend. Shirts -vs- Skins or something like that, on the state championship course.
kensuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 01:08 PM   #8
JohnKScott
Senior Member
 
JohnKScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Franklin, TN
Bikes: None yo damn binness
Posts: 3,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
Shirts -vs- Skins or something like that, on the state championship course.
JohnKScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 01:33 PM   #9
Bobby Lex
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 1,616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMCA View Post
and the Sat crit is as follows:

10am = cat5's and first-timers
11am = all masters 35/45/55
noon = pro/1/2/3/4
They are expecting very small turnouts after the RR cancellation and last weekends pathetic Sugarloaf attendance (record lows)
more info is here [url]www.floridacycling.com[/url]
Ya think the poor attendance had anything to do with:

>the Sugarloaf race being the (arguably) hardest race of the year
>in one of the hottest regions of the country
>in the hottest region of the State
>during the hottest time of the year
>during the hottest time of the day (first race started at 11:00 a.m.)
>at the end of a particularly grueling race season which saw about 30% more FPS races than at any time in the recent past (and many of those extra races were scheduled in the hottest parts of June, July, and August when normally the Florida race schedule takes a breather).

???????????????????

It has been a long, sweltering, difficult season and many of us are beat up, worn out, burnt out, travelled out, spent out, trained out, and whipped.

I know, I know, "No Whining". But honest-to-God, my HTFU wristband burst into flames Saturday afternoon while climbing Sugarloaf. I can show you the scar on my wrist.

Bob
Bobby Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 04:14 PM   #10
YMCA
starting pistol means war
 
YMCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Bikes: Cervelo R3
Posts: 3,140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trust me BL, I understand why the attendance was poor compared to past years. I've been through a lot of meetings discussing what to do about the fall schedule over the past two decades.

Understandable that St Joes got canxed.

Can't be losing your shirt as a promoter and expecting the wife to understand how your personal checking account just went belly-up.
YMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 07:19 PM   #11
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
Posts: 10,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
Tell you what. We'll organize a non-sanctioned race this weekend. Shirts -vs- Skins or something like that, on the state championship course.
When I told Dave Low that the Sunday race was off he said that we MUST train on the "Category Day" course this Sunday. I'm all for that. Give Dave Low a call and see what we can do. Meeting up for beers afterward (junior racers excluded unless they only get the "root" variety) might seal the deal.

Of course getting my guys out of bed before the crack of noon on a Sunday is kind of tough.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 07:26 AM   #12
kensuf
My idea of fun
Thread Starter
 
kensuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Bikes: '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
Posts: 9,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
When I told Dave Low that the Sunday race was off he said that we MUST train on the "Category Day" course this Sunday. I'm all for that. Give Dave Low a call and see what we can do. Meeting up for beers afterward (junior racers excluded unless they only get the "root" variety) might seal the deal.

Of course getting my guys out of bed before the crack of noon on a Sunday is kind of tough.
We're going to ride around hard for four hours on Saturday. Departing from the Kangaroo on Williston and 34th at 8AM.. Come join us.
kensuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 12:41 PM   #13
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
Posts: 10,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
We're going to ride around hard for four hours on Saturday. Departing from the Kangaroo on Williston and 34th at 8AM.. Come join us.
Saturday I am replacing some more rotten siding and hoping to get in a ride later in the day.

Come join the cool kids on Sunday. We usually leave from Bikes and More around 9 am, but the times do vary on occasion.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 12:48 PM   #14
kensuf
My idea of fun
Thread Starter
 
kensuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Bikes: '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
Posts: 9,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
Saturday I am replacing some more rotten siding and hoping to get in a ride later in the day.

Come join the cool kids on Sunday. We usually leave from Bikes and More around 9 am, but the times do vary on occasion.
At this moment in time, I'm not sure what I'm up to.. Maybe I'll be there.
kensuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 04:41 PM   #15
mollusk
Elite Fred
 
mollusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edge City
Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
Posts: 10,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
At this moment in time, I'm not sure what I'm up to.. Maybe I'll be there.
I'll shoot you a PM when I have a time confirmation for Sunday. Often it is late on Saturday evening.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 PM.