Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (http://www.bikeforums.net/33-road-bike-racing/)
-   -   Coffee/Caffeine status. (http://www.bikeforums.net/33-road-bike-racing/626273-coffee-caffeine-status.html)

hammy56 04-15-10 03:53 PM

Damn. And im the coffee snob...

ldesfor1@ithaca 04-15-10 04:08 PM

Coffee snobbery suggests that one dislikes things purely because of their branding or appearance (as opposed to product quality).
In the case of coffee, if one does not like the taste of it, then I would hardly call that snobbery... would you?

Personally, I really dont like the taste of starbucks brewed coffee all that much (i do find a few of their specialty blends OK, and an americano or straight shots aint bad).
I drink my coffee black and most of their coffee is very very roasted to the point of being burnt to my tastebuds. I'll drink it if I have to, but I prefer other coffee. Honestly, I'm enjoying DunkinDonuts coffee with an added shot of espresso or two more than the 'Bucks.

Not liking a beverage because the taste of it is not pleasing is not snobbery.

---end time-wasting rant---

Hida Yanra 04-15-10 05:29 PM

finally (reluctantly) getting into this thread...

I'm working on weaning myself off the sauce~
dbl espressos, but now only days I ride, and a 1/2 cup of coffee at the most during each work day.

consumption is way down, but the brain fog isn't quite gone.

hammy56 04-15-10 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldesfor1@ithaca (Post 10676530)
Coffee snobbery suggests that one dislikes things purely because of their branding or appearance (as opposed to product quality).
In the case of coffee, if one does not like the taste of it,
then I would hardly call that snobbery... would you?

Personally, I really dont like the taste of starbucks brewed coffee all that much (i do find a few of their specialty blends OK, and an americano or straight shots aint bad).
I drink my coffee black and most of their coffee is very very roasted to the point of being burnt to my tastebuds. I'll drink it if I have to, but I prefer other coffee. Honestly, I'm enjoying DunkinDonuts coffee with an added shot of espresso or two more than the 'Bucks.

Not liking a beverage because the taste of it is not pleasing is not snobbery.


---end time-wasting rant---

:lol:
damn ides, take it easy. I was just givin you a hard time.

being a coffee snob is more than acceptable.

and my opinion of Starbucks is pretty useless considering the only thing Ive ever ordered from there is an americano.

ldesfor1@ithaca 04-15-10 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammy56 (Post 10677581)
:lol:
damn ides, take it easy. I was just givin you a hard time.

being a coffee snob is more than acceptable.

and my opinion of Starbucks is pretty useless considering the only thing Ive ever ordered from there is an americano.


hahahahah
I know, I need to chill. :)

too
much
coffee!!!

:)

hammy56 04-15-10 08:02 PM

:lol::thumb:

echappist 04-15-10 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldesfor1@ithaca (Post 10677631)
hahahahah
I know, I need to chill. :)

too
much
coffee!!!

:)

decaf espresso ftw!

even better, get that shot of decaf into a shot of bailey's

hammy56 04-15-10 08:47 PM

what is this "decaf" you speak of?

euphoria 04-15-10 09:01 PM

had 8 cups of coffee instead of dinner last night, today's afternoon resting HR was 94 but it played along very nicely on the bike. cannot trust my heart.

echappist 04-15-10 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammy56 (Post 10677961)
what is this "decaf" you speak of?

o c'mon, mixing a downer like bailey's and a upper like espresso is bound to give you the fits. if you want to talk coffee snobbery, i don't drink any cappuccinos or lattés after 12pm

ps. if this concept of decaf if foreign, you truly are the coffee snob, and there's nothing wrong with that :thumb:

ldesfor1@ithaca 04-16-10 06:03 AM

12oz of DarkRoast of the Decade from New Harvest roasters. Excited to be done with it. It's interesting, but not really all that tasty. I'm ready to give the african coffees a break and explore some of the flavors of south and central american beans. Let the journey continue.

Hida Yanra 04-16-10 08:30 AM

dbl espresso from the 'bcks this morning... didn't sleep much last night.
leaving for a stage race this afternoon, SO unprepared, the caffeine helps my anxiety

tspek 04-16-10 08:34 AM

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580...228646/200.JPG

Hida Yanra 04-16-10 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
friday morning happy-time! Everyone sing along!

a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that is a psychoactive stimulant drug...
1,3,7-trimethyl- 1H-purine- 2,6(3H,7H)-dione...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=146501

hammy56 04-16-10 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hida Yanra (Post 10679742)
friday morning happy-time! Everyone sing along!

a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that is a psychoactive stimulant drug...
1,3,7-trimethyl- 1H-purine- 2,6(3H,7H)-dione...
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=146501

I think you've had one too many...

tspek 04-16-10 09:00 AM

My boss just asked me what I wanted from Starbucks, he's buying. I mean, I don't like starbucks, but I do like free caffeine.

bajadock 04-16-10 09:06 AM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3416/...5c27644c_o.jpg
Any bean tastes better in my press, +1 on Hammy's. I take mine black with a heaping helping of views from my "pub" here.

hammy56 04-16-10 09:18 AM

very nice bajadock.

Hida Yanra 04-16-10 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammy56 (Post 10679770)
I think you've had one too many...

quite possibly, and i've only had 1x double espresso

echappist 04-16-10 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hida Yanra (Post 10679646)
dbl espresso from the 'bcks this morning... didn't sleep much last night.
leaving for a stage race this afternoon, SO unprepared, the caffeine helps my anxiety

that does it. i'm going home & getting my fix of espresso. i was debating whether or not to get mine today.

Hida Yanra 04-16-10 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjimbosandwich (Post 10680033)
that does it. i'm going home & getting my fix of espresso. i was debating whether or not to get mine today.

eeeexcellent ;)

pungee 04-16-10 05:46 PM

I have officially cut out all coffee after noon. I miss the afternoon java.

wanders 04-16-10 06:00 PM

http://popsop.ru/wp-content/uploads/...tanzaru_03.jpg..

ldesfor1@ithaca 04-17-10 12:54 PM

french pressed Costa Rican from George Howell Roasters. A classic NewEngland roastery.

Nice, smooth and low acid coffee. Predominant flavors are almond skin, milk chocolate and a tiny bit of cherry+citrus fruit note.

Ready for more! time to get on the TT bike.

hammy56 06-02-10 08:20 AM

a friend of ours just gave us a bag of 100% kona bean, $45 a pound...I wouldnt pay the price but its very yummy.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 AM.