Are the ksyrium SL (2008) model with the carbon front hub compatible with road tubeless?
people actually buy tubeless tires?
i am not sure about the road, but ksyriums are popular for tubeless conversion in the cross world. there is a lot lower pressure there, and if you do burp, you just get another wheel from the pit.
I have been running tubeless on my 2008 Ksyrium SL's (red front hub - don't think it is carbon) for the past 2 1/2 years - work great for me. Had my first flat two days ago.
I will say mounting them can be a hassle if you don't follow the procedures. Things I messed up leading to failure to inflate.
1) not getting the removable value REALLY tight
2) forgetting to use the soapy water on the tire before trying to inflate
3) not taking the time to make sure the tire is well seated all the way around the rim
4) not getting the sealant all the way around the tire before trying to inflate
5) not using a compressor - not always necessary but makes it much easier
The good - they ride pretty smooth, do well on bad/dirt roads, few flats
The bad - harder to mount, more expensive, a bit heavier