Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 2351
  1. #1
    Senior Member johnybutts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    Type of horse.
    Posts
    3,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Weight Loss Tracking

    Goal weights:
    johnybutts: 160-165
    badhat: <160
    carpediemracing: 145-148
    WCroadie: 164
    Apus^: 170
    Kier: 158-160
    mattm: 150
    mcjimbosandwhich: 150
    45suited: 160-165
    graphs: 145-155
    mike868y: gain 20 lbs
    billh98988: 170
    save10: 155
    Hida Yara: 145
    BrainInAJar: gain weight.
    Issasquash: lose 20 lbs
    BigSean: 187
    Urthwhyte: 120
    wfrogge: 160
    NickDavid: 155
    dc1215: 158
    heckler: 184
    Justleaning: 160
    tallmantim: 92-93 kg
    bostongarden: lose 10-12lbs


    I expect to see progress within a month.

    Now in Google Docs form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CM357acN
    *should* be able to edit.
    Last edited by johnybutts; 10-05-10 at 08:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member wens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    2,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnybutts View Post
    Goal weights:
    johnybutts: 160-165
    badhat: <160
    carpediemracing: 145-148
    WCroadie: 164
    Apus^: 170
    Kier: 158-160
    mattm: 150
    mcjimbosandwhich: 150
    45suited: 160-165
    graphs: 145-155
    mike868y: gain 20 lbs
    billh98988: 170
    save10: 155
    Hida Yara: 145
    BrainInAJar: gain weight.
    Issasquash: lose 20 lbs
    BigSean: 187
    Urthwhyte: 120
    wfrogge: 160
    NickDavid: 155
    dc1215: 158
    heckler: 184
    Justleaning: 160
    tallmantim: 92-93 kg
    bostongarden: lose 10-12lbs


    I expect to see progress within a month.

    Now in Google Docs form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CM357acN
    *should* be able to edit.
    2 of these things are not like the others.
    Do you think we're gonna make it? / I don't know unless we try \ you could sit here scared to move / or we could take them by surprise

  3. #3
    Senior Member johnybutts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    Type of horse.
    Posts
    3,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wens View Post
    2 of these things are not like the others.
    I won't lie, i had to sit and think about it for a minute to figure out the 2.... I'm a moron.
    since you're on though, go ahead and see fi you can edit the spreadsheet.

  4. #4
    Senior Member wens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    2,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnybutts View Post
    I won't lie, i had to sit and think about it for a minute to figure out the 2.... I'm a moron.
    since you're on though, go ahead and see fi you can edit the spreadsheet.
    It looks like I can, if there is text on your row that says test edit it worked.
    Do you think we're gonna make it? / I don't know unless we try \ you could sit here scared to move / or we could take them by surprise

  5. #5
    Senior Member johnybutts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    Type of horse.
    Posts
    3,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wens View Post
    It looks like I can, if there is text on your row that says test edit it worked.
    it works.

  6. #6
    VeloSIRraptor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,287
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    updated for my current status (the icecream 2x last night isn't going to help though)
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    If it comes down to a field sprint, you probably won't win, so don't let it.

  7. #7
    These Guys Eat Oreos Creatre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    3,308
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added mine in. Want to drop a couple pounds for some climbing next month.
    Category 2 | | Velogames BikeForums Leagues: 1st - 2012 Veulta, 1st - 2011 Vuelta, 2nd - 2013 Vuelta, 3rd - 2012 Giro, 4th - 2012 TdF

  8. #8
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how you have Mikey as 'gain 20 lbs!

    Haha, I suppose I might be in that camp as well...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hida Yanra View Post
    updated for my current status (the icecream 2x last night isn't going to help though)
    Did I tempt you?
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  9. #9
    VeloSIRraptor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,287
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
    I love how you have Mikey as 'gain 20 lbs!

    Haha, I suppose I might be in that camp as well...
    Did I tempt you?
    no, but this did:
    2010-10-04 17.53.49..jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    If it comes down to a field sprint, you probably won't win, so don't let it.

  10. #10
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hida Yanra View Post
    no, but this did:
    2010-10-04 17.53.49..jpg
    You mixed vanilla and nutella?

    Maybe tonight I'll mix cookie dough ice cream with nutella! Or maybe make a sandwich with nutella on the bread and cookie dough ice cream in the center. Omg that sounds awesome!

    Also my housemate has a dogfish head punkin ale she wants me to try (she's on antibiotics and can't imbibe) I might try the float with that as well and see how it tastes. Dessert for tonight and tomorrow and the day after that are decided!
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  11. #11
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may or may not have had some fun with the spreadsheet.
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member wens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    2,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
    You mixed vanilla and nutella?

    Maybe tonight I'll mix cookie dough ice cream with nutella! Or maybe make a sandwich with nutella on the bread and cookie dough ice cream in the center. Omg that sounds awesome!

    Also my housemate has a dogfish head punkin ale she wants me to try (she's on antibiotics and can't imbibe) I might try the float with that as well and see how it tastes. Dessert for tonight and tomorrow and the day after that are decided!
    I want to try that beer. I also think the Dogfish Head Raison d'etre (sp?) has one of the best names I've ever seen.
    Do you think we're gonna make it? / I don't know unless we try \ you could sit here scared to move / or we could take them by surprise

  13. #13
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wens View Post
    I want to try that beer. I also think the Dogfish Head Raison d'etre (sp?) has one of the best names I've ever seen.
    It also has one of the most interesting flavors of any beer I've had. I can't drink it socially because I love taking my time with it.
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  14. #14
    Resident Alien Racer Ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Let me check.
    My Bikes
    Of course.
    Posts
    11,238
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you're looking at hitting a true racing weight, you shouldn't sustain it for more than a month or two. It's hard on the body to be sitting at really low body fat all year.
    Last edited by Racer Ex; 10-05-10 at 09:28 AM.

  15. #15
    VeloSIRraptor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,287
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    made a glaze/syrup of french press espresso & nutella - drizzled that over vanilla ice cream.
    It was grand.

    later on I had company over and made fresh-fruit sorbet, also with nutella glaze (but no coffee)
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    If it comes down to a field sprint, you probably won't win, so don't let it.

  16. #16
    VeloSIRraptor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,287
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Ex View Post
    If you're looking at hitting a true racing weight, you shouldn't sustain it for more than a month or two. It hard on the body to be sitting at really low body fat all year.
    truth.
    I only want to be at true racing weight for my peak in the year - my body can't hold it healthily for more than a month. I'll be within throwing distance of it much of the year, but super thin and low bf will wreck you over long periods of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    If it comes down to a field sprint, you probably won't win, so don't let it.

  17. #17
    pan y agua merlinextraligh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville
    My Bikes
    Wilier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Co-Motion Robusta; Schwinn Paramount; Motobecane Phantom Cross; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er
    Posts
    27,222
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've identified my problem. My goal weight is still well above all of your all's current weight.
    You could fall off a cliff and die.
    You could get lost and die.
    You could hit a tree and die.
    OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.

  18. #18
    Bulldozer GirlAnachronism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,846
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Ex View Post
    If you're looking at hitting a true racing weight, you shouldn't sustain it for more than a month or two. It hard on the body to be sitting at really low body fat all year.
    That's what the dude who did my LT test told me, and what I've read elsewhere, but it seems like a tough balance to strike. Now that I'm not racing I don't mind being hungry sometimes, and I'm not as worried about recovery, but during the season I'm always worried about being under-fueled for workouts and races, or not recovering properly. Also, the intensity definitely ramps up my appetite in a way that easier rides at a higher volume doesn't.

    I put on some weight when I started actually training and racing this year, some of it definitely muscle but I'm sure I added some fat too. My goal for now is to get down to 125 and stay there through the holidays.
    You're not punk, and I'm telling everyone.

  19. #19
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlAnachronism View Post
    That's what the dude who did my LT test told me, and what I've read elsewhere, but it seems like a tough balance to strike. Now that I'm not racing I don't mind being hungry sometimes, and I'm not as worried about recovery, but during the season I'm always worried about being under-fueled for workouts and races, or not recovering properly. Also, the intensity definitely ramps up my appetite in a way that easier rides at a higher volume doesn't.

    I put on some weight when I started actually training and racing this year, some of it definitely muscle but I'm sure I added some fat too. My goal for now is to get down to 125 and stay there through the holidays.
    I think this is where you need to start counting calories and keeping track of things. Also, if you're gaining 2-3 lbs during the bulk of your race season, I wouldn't worry about it depending on what your power is doing. This is also a good reason to take a small break between peaks and do a mini-base of lsd just to bring the weight down a hair.
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  20. #20
    Throw the stick!!!! LowCel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    My Bikes
    GMC Denali
    Posts
    17,586
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinextraligh View Post
    I think I've identified my problem. My goal weight is still well above all of your all's current weight.
    I just made you look much better.
    I may be fat but I'm slow enough to make up for it.

  21. #21
    Senior Member johnybutts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    Type of horse.
    Posts
    3,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Ex View Post
    If you're looking at hitting a true racing weight, you shouldn't sustain it for more than a month or two. It's hard on the body to be sitting at really low body fat all year.
    Some of us aren't worried about that yet. =P
    But if you're 10 lbs off your weight, losing 2 lbs/month would put you where you want to be in time for race season.

  22. #22
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnybutts View Post
    Some of us aren't worried about that yet. =P
    But if you're 10 lbs off your weight, losing 2 lbs/month would put you where you want to be in time for race season.
    2 lbs a month is nothing. Shoot for atleast 4 dude.

    Also, who the eff took out my edits! GRRR!!!
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  23. #23
    Training Issaquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    My Bikes
    2008 Cannondale Supersix
    Posts
    284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be the person you listed as "Issasquash." This makes me wonder if people think my user name is "Is a squash". Sigh.

    Anyhow, my goal is to get down to 135-140 pounds. I'm currently at 146, so not the 20 pounds listed above. I've updated the spreadsheet.

  24. #24
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My goal weight was 166, I made it to 168 on Sunday, and now I'm letting myself go.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  25. #25
    fuggitivo solitario echappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,898
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that i've got called out, i better start to really count those kcals.

    Thanks for organizing the public self-loathing thread, and hopefully, we all reach target weight

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •