Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 975 of 1310

Thread: My geek thread

  1. #951
    Draught jwible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    My Bikes
    N-1 where N = number needed
    Posts
    4,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    I'm going to be brushing up on my sql quite a bit starting next week. I have to re-write an accounting system I wrote in a hurry a few years back, so I'm going to do it the correct way this time.
    I love writing that stuff. What DB are you using? MS, Oracle, or MySQL?

  2. #952
    Genetics have failed me Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Zorneding, Germany
    My Bikes
    Pedalforce CX1 & Trek Madone 5.9
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    The Logitech software has a surveillance app built in. Never tried it.
    The Logitech software is very limited on what it can do and doesn't run on Linux.
    Gelato aficionado.

  3. #953
    Senior Member Homebrew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ffld Cnty Connecticut
    My Bikes
    Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales
    Posts
    15,613
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    I'm going to be brushing up on my sql quite a bit starting next week. I have to re-write an accounting system I wrote in a hurry a few years back, so I'm going to do it the correct way this time.
    If you need help with MSSQL, this is a good resource:

    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/
    Last edited by Homebrew01; 02-03-12 at 12:42 PM. Reason: clarification
    Bikes: Old steel race bikes, old Cannondale race bikes, less old Cannondale race bike, crappy old mtn bike

  4. #954
    My idea of fun kensuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    My Bikes
    '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
    Posts
    9,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwible View Post
    I love writing that stuff. What DB are you using? MS, Oracle, or MySQL?
    MySQL. It's been a couple of years, and I hope to get an interview coding some of this stuff anyway, so it's a good process.
    Putting the Duh in Floriduh.

  5. #955
    Elite Fred mollusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Edge City
    My Bikes
    2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
    Posts
    10,632
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spawn2's netbook is totally fubar. It won't boot and the lame M$ recovery crap is useless. He wanted to get a SATA to USB cable, pull the hard drive and copy the important files, and do a factory reset.

    I said "save the money": no need for the cable. Boot the sucker with a Ubuntu USB stick, copy whatever you want to our terrabyte USB external HD that we use for backups on one of our more important boxes, and go from there.

    So far, so good.
    I'm the world's forgotten boy. The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy.

  6. #956
    No matches Flatballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    two wheeled ones
    Posts
    10,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm such a terrible programmer. I should just stop these silly contests. I'm 100% guaranteed to put a bug in and then not find it. Put all the corner cases in I can think of, get the right answer on my machine for everything, but wrong answer in the contest. So annoying. Really hard to debug if you can't put in the test case that causes it.
    It's a bike race, not a tea party. - GirlAnachronism

  7. #957
    Senior Member shovelhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    11,887
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vent

    Comcast Business Class absolutely ^%$#()& blows.

    I order a second circuit in order to set up a demo network. I request a strip of 13 IP's. The tech writes down 14 on the paperwork. I need to know exactly what IP addresses are mine as taking one away could be catastrophic. I call in. Tech says, yes, the numbers are wrong, shift left one bit. I log into the second modem. He's wrong. I call back. They have no way to get me to the original tech so I have to go through everything all over again. 30 minutes later, I'm still on hold waiting for confirmation.

    Comcast can bite me.

    /vent

  8. #958
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    26,081
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omfg

    Magic Lantern firmware for Canon cameras is AWESOME. Easy to do all kinds of stuff like pull focus for video, highlight fringes around in-focus subjects for shallow DoF work, zerbra-striping portions of the live view that are over/under exposed. Audio monitoring with headphones, manual audio gain, disabling the auto gain.

    All kinds of sweet crap. Just page after page of awesome custom menus with inline context help and full help built in.

    There's even a freaking clap remote trigger. You can set the sound level to trigger a shot remotely. Set the camera on a rock on a hike, stand with your sweetie, snap your fingers behind your back, takes a picture.

    Oh, oh, and there's a slit-scan mode. I think we might be able to use this for finish-line work... but I need to try it out. It looks like it takes a series of low-res images, then there's some free software to chain them together.

    You can even do HDR video where each frame alternates between two ISO levels, then free PP software to blend each pair into an HDR image.

    Just freaking awesome. I'm going to donate some $$ to the project. This software is incredible.

  9. #959
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,925
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
    omfg

    Magic Lantern firmware for Canon cameras is AWESOME. Easy to do all kinds of stuff like pull focus for video, highlight fringes around in-focus subjects for shallow DoF work, zerbra-striping portions of the live view that are over/under exposed. Audio monitoring with headphones, manual audio gain, disabling the auto gain.

    All kinds of sweet crap. Just page after page of awesome custom menus with inline context help and full help built in.

    There's even a freaking clap remote trigger. You can set the sound level to trigger a shot remotely. Set the camera on a rock on a hike, stand with your sweetie, snap your fingers behind your back, takes a picture.

    Oh, oh, and there's a slit-scan mode. I think we might be able to use this for finish-line work... but I need to try it out. It looks like it takes a series of low-res images, then there's some free software to chain them together.

    You can even do HDR video where each frame alternates between two ISO levels, then free PP software to blend each pair into an HDR image.

    Just freaking awesome. I'm going to donate some $$ to the project. This software is incredible.
    Sounds awesome. Maybe when i get a new body. The xsi probably can't do any of those things...
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  10. #960
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    26,081
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was built for the cameras with HD capabilities. Unfortunately, they don't support the 7D, which is fading it from my wish list. I wonder how long before ML is available on a 5Diii. It might coincide with how long I need to court the idea with SWMBO...

  11. #961
    Senior Member shovelhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    11,887
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will it work with a T3000?

  12. #962
    Draught jwible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    My Bikes
    N-1 where N = number needed
    Posts
    4,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
    Yeah, it was built for the cameras with HD capabilities. Unfortunately, they don't support the 7D, which is fading it from my wish list. I wonder how long before ML is available on a 5Diii. It might coincide with how long I need to court the idea with SWMBO...
    I mean, it's only a camera....

    I'm wanting a D800 and a 14-28 2.8 or something in that range. The 28-300 I bought is great all around but the 80-200 2.8 blows it away for sports. Now I just need a fast wide angle zoom.... And a D800. And a nice Metz flash....

  13. #963
    Senior Member SalsaPodio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    My Bikes
    2012 Parlee Z5
    Posts
    937
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found the most annoying thing about writing my thesis:

    Writing it in LaTeX and having your major professor ask for it in .doc
    Road: Cat 2|Cross: Cat 2

  14. #964
    fuggitivo solitario echappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,948
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you graduating at end of this semester/quarter? if so, congrats!

  15. #965
    Senior Member SalsaPodio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    My Bikes
    2012 Parlee Z5
    Posts
    937
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    you graduating at end of this semester/quarter? if so, congrats!
    Thanks. I'm graduating in July. Trying to give myself enough time to train and race during the spring/summer.
    Road: Cat 2|Cross: Cat 2

  16. #966
    My idea of fun kensuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    My Bikes
    '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
    Posts
    9,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astronomers are apparently crummy programmers.
    Putting the Duh in Floriduh.

  17. #967
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    26,081
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwible View Post
    I mean, it's only a camera....

    I'm wanting a D800 and a 14-28 2.8 or something in that range. The 28-300 I bought is great all around but the 80-200 2.8 blows it away for sports. Now I just need a fast wide angle zoom.... And a D800. And a nice Metz flash....
    Hear, hear :toast:

    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    Astronomers are apparently crummy programmers.
    For me, I'm a programmer who's a crummy astronomer. I know just enough astronomy to be dangerous. I'm sure your astronomer knows just enough programming...

  18. #968
    meow bostongarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hint: check out my BF name
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Super Six, Dura Ace 7800, 2007 Cannondale System Six Dura Ace 7800, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1, MB-2, MB-3, MB-5
    Posts
    5,579
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WR -- keep an eye on this site (they might offer alerts). I wasn't quick enough for a 5d Mark II body refurb for $1495 (after 15% off coupon code) from Canon direct !!!

  19. #969
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    26,081
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That site looks like a bad influence on me

  20. #970
    Draught jwible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    My Bikes
    N-1 where N = number needed
    Posts
    4,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky for me that lantern stuff is all Canon based. Otherwise I might be forced to upgrade my body....

  21. #971
    Draught jwible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    My Bikes
    N-1 where N = number needed
    Posts
    4,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
    That site looks like a bad influence on me
    Go here and lust.

    http://www.red.com/products

  22. #972
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,925
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwible View Post
    Go here and lust.

    http://www.red.com/products
    I don't understand?
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

  23. #973
    Senior Member shovelhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    11,887
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwible View Post
    Otherwise I might be forced to upgrade my body....
    I can upgrade my body? I'll take one WR, please.

  24. #974
    Draught jwible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    My Bikes
    N-1 where N = number needed
    Posts
    4,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
    I don't understand?
    It wasn't meant for you now was it?

  25. #975
    Village Idiot
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bahstaaaaan
    Posts
    19,925
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwible View Post
    It wasn't meant for you now was it?
    That's true, but I spent 10 minutes on their site and couldn't figure out anything more than the fact that it was a digital video camera.
    Truth, like light, blinds. Falsehood, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.
    -Albert Camus

    Hammer Nutrition 15% discount!!!

Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •