Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-12, 09:04 AM   #126
kleinboogie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Kind of funny...after today's race, I grabbed my shootin' rig and went and captured the Master's 1/2/3 today..and threw this together. Looks like this is a popular idea! My "onboard", will be coming later...
Great video. You got some nice angles. I wish our industrial parks here in SoCal had terrain like your parks. Keep it up. btw, what gear and editor (particularly how'd you do the slow-mo) did you use? Cheers
kleinboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 10:11 AM   #127
Forza 
Con forza e velocitÓ
 
Forza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Newcastle, WA
Bikes: Spesh S-Works - Tarmac SL4, Spesh S-Works Venge, BMC Team Machine SLR01, Spesh Allez - FrankenForza
Posts: 697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shovel, definitely a fun course! Worse than the curb, is the moss in the turns, felt a little like ice at times!

KB - Thanks. Camera is a Canon XF300 and DLE is Premiere Pro 5.5. No post correction was done or effects added, minus the vignetting. Slo-mo was done just by using the razor blade tool to slice and then I changed the playback speed of the sub-clip in the sequence...nothing extreme. I shot the footage at 60fps (180 degree shutter speed, 50mbps 1080p 4:2:2), which allows for smooth slow motion.
__________________
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. - Vince Lombardi

My: STRAVA
Forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 10:34 AM   #128
kleinboogie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
KB - Thanks. Camera is a Canon XF300 and DLE is Premiere Pro 5.5. No post correction was done or effects added, minus the vignetting. Slo-mo was done just by using the razor blade tool to slice and then I changed the playback speed of the sub-clip in the sequence...nothing extreme. I shot the footage at 60fps (180 degree shutter speed, 50mbps 1080p 4:2:2), which allows for smooth slow motion.
Thanks for the info. XF300 is a sweet camera. I've got the little-little brother of yours.
kleinboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 10:43 AM   #129
mattm
**** that
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,651
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Kind of funny...after today's race, I grabbed my shootin' rig and went and captured the Master's 1/2/3 today..and threw this together. Looks like this is a popular idea! My "onboard", will be coming later...


Nice vid, I like it! Love that course.
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 06:56 PM   #130
kindablue
Fly on the wall
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Bikes: a few
Posts: 981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm the second one across the line. (black and orange kit). Thought I had the guy but my hamstring got a cramp and I couldn't quite get a jump on him.
He did make a great move, but I still have that "what if I was feeling perfect?" running through my head. Oh well, I suppose that's the finish line isn't it?


Last edited by kindablue; 04-09-12 at 07:00 PM.
kindablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 04:55 PM   #131
zitter
Senior Member
 
zitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Riverside
Bikes: Orbea Orca m10, Spec Venge Elite, Felt TK2, Orbea Ordu M30
Posts: 786
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
some footage from the crit last sunday, don't have full coverage as i crashed out half way through (i cut out the crash)

zitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-12, 05:20 PM   #132
kleinboogie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindablue View Post
I'm the second one across the line. (black and orange kit). Thought I had the guy but my hamstring got a cramp and I couldn't quite get a jump on him. He did make a great move, but I still have that "what if I was feeling perfect?" running through my head. Oh well, I suppose that's the finish line isn't it?
You pedaled through to the line. That's got to be worth something. Nice finish and vid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitter View Post
some footage from the crit last sunday, don't have full coverage as i crashed out half way through (i cut out the crash)
Nice vid quality.
kleinboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 07:13 AM   #133
zigmeister 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Bikes:
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice vid quality...not the kindablue one, zitter's...

What was with the guys coming out of the wheel pit just going right across the road into the race?!?! Put a helmet on someone...
__________________
HTFU

Last edited by zigmeister; 04-11-12 at 07:47 AM.
zigmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 09:27 AM   #134
zitter
Senior Member
 
zitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Riverside
Bikes: Orbea Orca m10, Spec Venge Elite, Felt TK2, Orbea Ordu M30
Posts: 786
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
those two are actually some of my teammates who had crashed and were hopping back in, one of them was overgeared so he swerved into the road, but everything was ok
zitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 08:49 AM   #135
jabbahop
Renewed cyclist in VT
 
jabbahop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vermont
Bikes: serotta, cervelo TT, felt cross
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A bit of the beginning of Battenkill Cat 4 Blue

Sorry for the bumpy video (the road was that way). Ran out of memory shortly after Juniper Swamp climb (stupidly forgot to delete an old ride) so it doesn't have some of the bad dirt roads @ the end.

Missed my messing up my first feed attempt ever. Got the bottle but slowed so much that I ended up creating a gap I wasn't able to close in the wind I would have gotten dropped later anyway but I had hoped to hang in there longer. Did better than last year and it sure is a hard race for the first one of the season.

Perfect day for a race outside of the stiff winds in places.

The video is 14 min long and no music so you might want to skim through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoQSVRsDlQo
jabbahop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 06:23 AM   #136
bostongarden
meow
 
bostongarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hint: check out my BF name
Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Super Six, Dura Ace 7800, 2007 Cannondale System Six Dura Ace 7800, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1, MB-2, MB-3, MB-5
Posts: 5,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh dear, my daughter said she would like a cam to use for her alpine ski races; and, then one of my sons thought it would be cool to have for his nordic ski races. I guess I'll just have to get one for them
bostongarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 08:07 AM   #137
carpediemracing
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tariffville, CT
Bikes: Tsunami Bikes
Posts: 14,500
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongarden View Post
Oh dear, my daughter said she would like a cam to use for her alpine ski races; and, then one of my sons thought it would be cool to have for his nordic ski races. I guess I'll just have to get one for them
Sounds like you need to get two. Maybe three, so if one gets wrecked someone has a spare.
carpediemracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 09:40 AM   #138
waterrockets 
Making a kilometer blurry
 
waterrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Austin (near TX)
Bikes: rkwaki's porn collection
Posts: 26,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just think about the amount of data that are going up to servers around the world these days. It's staggering.
waterrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 10:11 AM   #139
carpediemracing
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tariffville, CT
Bikes: Tsunami Bikes
Posts: 14,500
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
Just think about the amount of data that are going up to servers around the world these days. It's staggering.
I thought about this the other day. My clips are about 1 GB apiece now. I have 750 GB of used space where I save my raw cam clips (so not edited etc, and mostly training rides, which, ultimately, I may erase). I have a further 700 GB of used space where I edit clips (some 1 GB clips end up taking up 60-90 GB of drive space).

I can't imagine YouTube's server farms. Or the pron ones (article on that). I never dealt with database stuff, not like that. My IT experience had to do more with fast throughput, not storing/reading data.
carpediemracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 10:54 AM   #140
kleinboogie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I worked at a company that delivers every other video you watch on the net and 20-25% of all Internet traffic and yeah, the numbers are staggering. The number of servers they manage is ridiculously huge and the bandwidth they talk about are terrabits per second. Crazy. My vids lately are 2-3 GBs. Nuts.
kleinboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 11:18 AM   #141
bostongarden
meow
 
bostongarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hint: check out my BF name
Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Super Six, Dura Ace 7800, 2007 Cannondale System Six Dura Ace 7800, 1992 Bridgestone RB-1, MB-2, MB-3, MB-5
Posts: 5,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemracing View Post
Sounds like you need to get two. Maybe three, so if one gets wrecked someone has a spare.
This reply is why you are cdr and I am not - brilliant!!
bostongarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 12:59 PM   #142
waterrockets 
Making a kilometer blurry
 
waterrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Austin (near TX)
Bikes: rkwaki's porn collection
Posts: 26,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinboogie View Post
I worked at a company that delivers every other video you watch on the net and 20-25% of all Internet traffic and yeah, the numbers are staggering. The number of servers they manage is ridiculously huge and the bandwidth they talk about are terrabits per second. Crazy. My vids lately are 2-3 GBs. Nuts.
It's crazy. I'm coming back from shooting soccer some weekends with about 10GB of still images.
waterrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 01:29 PM   #143
Creakyknees
ride lots be safe
 
Creakyknees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Bikes:
Posts: 5,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
It's crazy. I'm coming back from shooting soccer some weekends with about 10GB of still images.
buy stock in Amazon....
Creakyknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 03:37 PM   #144
kleinboogie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
It's crazy. I'm coming back from shooting soccer some weekends with about 10GB of still images.
I can relate. Are those RAW files or JPG?

I've got a D800 coming, someday, and I hear it's RAW images are like 74MB each. I bought 3x 2TB hard drives thinking they'd last for years. I got that wrong. Cheers
kleinboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 04:21 PM   #145
waterrockets 
Making a kilometer blurry
 
waterrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Austin (near TX)
Bikes: rkwaki's porn collection
Posts: 26,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinboogie View Post
I can relate. Are those RAW files or JPG?

I've got a D800 coming, someday, and I hear it's RAW images are like 74MB each. I bought 3x 2TB hard drives thinking they'd last for years. I got that wrong. Cheers
Yeah, that's RAW (Canon .CR2). My sensor is about half of yours (!) at ~18MP, so my RAWs are ~21MB each.

74MB is serious. Man. I start thinking about tripling my storage needs, and the cost goes up by an order of magnitude (for the same number of cards). Going from 16GB to 48GB at the same speed is roughly $30 going to $300. Yeesh.

Will be cool to hear about that camera body over on the geek thread when you get it.
waterrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 09:55 PM   #146
Debusama
Senior Member
 
Debusama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
Bikes: Elephant custom road bike, 08 Redline D440, Motobecane Fantom cross Uno.
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend of mine took this video in the c-pack at the twilight race last night and I had to post it. Skip to minute 3:40 and watch the guy who throws his arm up after crossing the finish-line:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5g-dlSEfBY

Last edited by Debusama; 04-25-12 at 10:02 PM.
Debusama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-12, 07:31 AM   #147
waterrockets 
Making a kilometer blurry
 
waterrockets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Austin (near TX)
Bikes: rkwaki's porn collection
Posts: 26,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lol
waterrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-12, 08:57 AM   #148
mattm
**** that
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,651
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
From the p/1/2 crit at Walla Walla:


Remember, don't celebrate too early!! Or you'll lose in a flashy way that nobody will forget, like this guy did. It was even better in person..
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-12, 09:09 AM   #149
zigmeister 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Bikes:
Posts: 883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
From the p/1/2 crit at Walla Walla:

Remember, don't celebrate too early!! Or you'll lose in a flashy way that nobody will forget, like this guy did. It was even better in person..
ROFLMAO....what a dufus.
__________________
HTFU
zigmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-12, 10:40 AM   #150
shovelhd 
Senior Member
 
shovelhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Western MA
Bikes: Yes
Posts: 15,425
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
A guy did that at a P/1/2 race at Bethel this year. He crossed first, but was relegated for taking his hands off the bars.
shovelhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:06 PM.