Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 972 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 472872922962970971972973974982 ... LastLast
Results 24,276 to 24,300 of 24978
  1. #24276
    Senior Member big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    In the foothills of Los Angeles County
    Posts
    10,763
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    On yesterday's ride I got passed by a old VW-dunebuggy thing and heard a metallic clank on the ground. I thought they threw a beer can at me, but as the dune buggy went by I could see all sorts of mechanical pieces falling out of the back of it. They were stopped up the road about a quarter mile. I wish I could do a good Nelson ha-HA because that's exactly what it called for.
    When I was driving a tow truck I was called to help a kid with an old VW bus. He thought I would be able to get it started, but there was part of a connecting rod sitting on the little shelf thing next to the engine.

    He got pretty upset with me when I told him what was up.

  2. #24277
    Senior Member billh92109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #24278
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,192
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ nice
    pro-meter: lol

    blog

  4. #24279
    Senior Member furiousferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    2,548
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billh92109 View Post
    That pretty much sums it up.

  5. #24280
    Senior Member bmcphx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    My Bikes
    P1 Madone, Carve SL, Allez
    Posts
    408
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dogma dogma dogma dogma dogma.

    F8

  6. #24281
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billh92109 View Post
    Not bad.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  7. #24282
    Senior Member Homebrew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ffld Cnty Connecticut
    My Bikes
    Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales
    Posts
    15,506
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New Britain criterium next weekend. Hmmmm Not sure if my 3 hours a week jra is a good enough to stay with the pack.
    What does a USAC license cost these days ?
    Bikes: Old steel race bikes, old Cannondale race bikes, less old Cannondale race bike, crappy old mtn bike

  8. #24283
    avatar by Sean Powers mike868y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    charm city
    My Bikes
    2009 Specialized Tarmac Pro
    Posts
    6,735
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more than it used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
    it depends

  9. #24284
    Senior Member Dolamite02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Pista, Bianchi via Nirone 7, GT Zaskar 9r Sport
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    On yesterday's ride I got passed by a old VW-dunebuggy thing and heard a metallic clank on the ground. I thought they threw a beer can at me, but as the dune buggy went by I could see all sorts of mechanical pieces falling out of the back of it. They were stopped up the road about a quarter mile. I wish I could do a good Nelson ha-HA because that's exactly what it called for.

    I'm the guy that wins the group ride. That's dumb. It's time to win the race.

  10. #24285
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tariffville, CT
    My Bikes
    Tsunami Bikes
    Posts
    12,310
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew01 View Post
    New Britain criterium next weekend. Hmmmm Not sure if my 3 hours a week jra is a good enough to stay with the pack.
    What does a USAC license cost these days ?
    New Britain is the kindest course in the area.

    $70 + entry and you're in. I'll be there for at least one race, maybe two.
    "...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson

  11. #24286
    Senior Member Homebrew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ffld Cnty Connecticut
    My Bikes
    Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales
    Posts
    15,506
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like New Britain. But not sure it's worth the trouble this year for me since I am not close to race shape.
    Maybe if there was a 50+ race instead of 45+
    Bikes: Old steel race bikes, old Cannondale race bikes, less old Cannondale race bike, crappy old mtn bike

  12. #24287
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,192
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like cofidis finally got modern helmets!
    pro-meter: lol

    blog

  13. #24288
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap.

    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  14. #24289
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Louisiana
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD9
    Posts
    3,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, caloso, bummer! Send it to Calfee and race the Gazelle in the meantime?
    Regards,
    Chuck

    Demain, on roule!

  15. #24290
    Senior Member Homebrew01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ffld Cnty Connecticut
    My Bikes
    Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales
    Posts
    15,506
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see Danbury has a downtown criterium again.
    Bikes: Old steel race bikes, old Cannondale race bikes, less old Cannondale race bike, crappy old mtn bike

  16. #24291
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck View Post
    Shoot, caloso, bummer! Send it to Calfee and race the Gazelle in the meantime?
    Going to see if Ridley will warranty it. If not, I will see what my options are. But yep, in the meantime the Gazelle is going back on active duty.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  17. #24292
    Senior Member hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,124
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that sucks @caloso , any idea how that happened?
    Cat 2 upgrade status: never

  18. #24293
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea. This bike has never been crashed, just ridden hard. Botts dots?
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  19. #24294
    Senior Member hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,124
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much power or too much Garden Highway.
    Cat 2 upgrade status: never

  20. #24295
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    5,784
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    No idea. This bike has never been crashed, just ridden hard. Botts dots?
    probably a bad layup where they bring seat and chainstay together.

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  21. #24296
    Senior Member zitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    La Jolla/Pasadena
    My Bikes
    Caad10, Felt TK2
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everybody, I'm looking for some opinions on what would be realistic sponsorship goals for an up and coming cat 1/2 team. My team revived their cat 1/2 team this year after a several year hiatus (it's all currently 2's right now, but we're working on our 1's) after having some promising 3's upgrade and several 2's joining the team. We've been performing pretty well for a first year team (several top finishes in local p1/2 races and very strong showings in 2's races), but our sponsorship opportunities have been a bit lacking (in our opinion, but we're not exactly sure how much to expect). To give an idea; this year, our sponsorship deals for our 1/2 team have been: 2 road kits, 1 skinsuit, cost + 10 walk-in at our sponsor shop, full race reg, and Scott Speedsters (aluminum frames) w/ Ultegra 10spd. We're trying to push for the same deal with better bikes (at least mid level carbon frames), but we're not too sure how much it would be realistic for us to shoot for. I'd appreciate anybody's input who has raced for teams at similar levels and their opinions on whether we're expecting too much or not (budget aside).
    0/35

  22. #24297
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,192
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    free kits and complete bikes seems pretty (really!) good to me.

    I dunno if there's a standard - I've always figured that at the non-pro level just take/enjoy what u can get. some teams get more, some less.
    pro-meter: lol

    blog

  23. #24298
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Alpenrose - Portland
    My Bikes
    Veloforma for my primary.
    Posts
    361
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a pretty sweet deal as is Zitter. Asking for more is never a bad idea, just have data and a sense not to be too pushy. I have been part of many very good team proposals that got zero, and part of many crappy ones that got more than I ever thought. It is all about timing, relationships and luck of walking into a good business situation. The right company will give a lot if things are going well for them. Bikes and kits are not expected for most, but I have been on a few teams that offered similar deals.

    Good luck.

  24. #24299
    These Guys Eat Oreos Creatre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    3,343
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zitter View Post
    Hey everybody, I'm looking for some opinions on what would be realistic sponsorship goals for an up and coming cat 1/2 team. My team revived their cat 1/2 team this year after a several year hiatus (it's all currently 2's right now, but we're working on our 1's) after having some promising 3's upgrade and several 2's joining the team. We've been performing pretty well for a first year team (several top finishes in local p1/2 races and very strong showings in 2's races), but our sponsorship opportunities have been a bit lacking (in our opinion, but we're not exactly sure how much to expect). To give an idea; this year, our sponsorship deals for our 1/2 team have been: 2 road kits, 1 skinsuit, cost + 10 walk-in at our sponsor shop, full race reg, and Scott Speedsters (aluminum frames) w/ Ultegra 10spd. We're trying to push for the same deal with better bikes (at least mid level carbon frames), but we're not too sure how much it would be realistic for us to shoot for. I'd appreciate anybody's input who has raced for teams at similar levels and their opinions on whether we're expecting too much or not (budget aside).
    Dude. That's basically better than any deal around. Remember you are only Cat2. Suck it up on whatever bike they give you if you want free stuff. Otherwise pay and ride something better.
    Category 2 | | Velogames BikeForums Leagues: 1st - 2012 Veulta, 1st - 2011 Vuelta, 2nd - 2013 Vuelta, 3rd - 2012 Giro, 4th - 2012 TdF

  25. #24300
    Senior Member shovelhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    11,687
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are pros not getting deals like that. If I were going to push the envelope a bit, I'd pick a few NRC/NCC races and ask for entry and travel money. This benefits the sponsor from expanded exposure. Always think what's in it for them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •