Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 109 of 461 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 11506
  1. #2701
    Powered by Borscht ovoleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    Russian Vodka
    Posts
    8,333
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    Depends what is on the menu at home. I have a family and don't plan the meals by myself. I try and use food as the primary source and whey as supplementary. On race day I drink a double whey shake within an hour after the race is over and try and eat a protein rich dinner as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    I think I already answered that question.
    my bad i missed it okay thanks dude.
    -Cat-3-o-meter: TBD :/

  2. #2702
    Senior Member shovelhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    11,903
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    na zdorovie

  3. #2703
    i got nothing. Crash716's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali Forn NI A (SoCal)
    My Bikes
    13 BH G6 with SRAM Red
    Posts
    5,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Legs are fried…but the health feels good…hoping the drastic increase doesn't equate to getting sick. I am away on travel so trying to make sure i get plenty of sleep…trying to figure out how to taper for this weekends race now.
    14 days...

  4. #2704
    Cat 5 Mod Jandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    Great job, Jandro.
    Thanks. Stopped by my fitter today and got the track bike dialed in. 130mm stem, saddle nudged forward a bit to "get over the gear better", saddle 1* nose down, and it's feeling a ton better. Excited for more track racing. Especially the longer events like scratch races. Super fun.
    Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.

  5. #2705
    My idea of fun kensuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    My Bikes
    '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey
    Posts
    9,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leg day this morning. Curls, extensions, calves, squats and press. I took the elevator to get to my floor at work.
    Putting the Duh in Floriduh.

  6. #2706
    Wheelsuck Fat Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kensuf View Post
    Leg day this morning. Curls, extensions, calves, squats and press. I took the elevator to get to my floor at work.
    Sounds like you're lucky not to be using a wheelchair.

  7. #2707
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,134
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    Depends what is on the menu at home. I have a family and don't plan the meals by myself. I try and use food as the primary source and whey as supplementary. On race day I drink a double whey shake within an hour after the race is over and try and eat a protein rich dinner as well.
    That's a great idea
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  8. #2708
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,134
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy View Post
    Sounds like you're lucky not to be using a wheelchair.
    I say that every Monday morning after leg day on the weekend.
    Set two new PRs yesterday afternoon. Apparently I was lifting angry...
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  9. #2709
    Senior Member jsutkeepspining's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ohioland/right near hicville farmtown
    Posts
    4,732
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like my whey protein shakes after riding hard.
    cat 1-o-meter: wtf am i doing??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Ex View Post
    You're not dumb. You're just less smart.

  10. #2710
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,134
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sstang13 View Post
    I try to get as much protein as I can find, I need a really nutrition plan though. What protein powder would you recommend?

    @mike868y - what effort do you do yours at?
    As you don't have Complete Nutrition where you are:
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  11. #2711
    Senior Member jsutkeepspining's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ohioland/right near hicville farmtown
    Posts
    4,732
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what fatty said
    cat 1-o-meter: wtf am i doing??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Ex View Post
    You're not dumb. You're just less smart.

  12. #2712
    You blink and it's gone. rbart4506's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dundas, Ontario
    My Bikes
    Race bike, training bike, go fast bike and a trainer slave.
    Posts
    4,414
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might have to try that stuff, I've seen it locally...
    "On the other hand riding down a hill at 55 MPH wearing (essentially) women's underwear and a Styrofoam cup on your head is the epitome of rational life-extending decisions." - RacerEx

  13. #2713
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,134
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have used everything. My favorite is BSN Syntha 6 Strawberry, but it is more of a meal replacement and has a little higher carb and fat content but is soooooooooooo delicious.
    Gaspari also makes a good one.
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  14. #2714
    Wheelsuck Fat Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sstang13 View Post
    I try to get as much protein as I can find, I need a really nutrition plan though. What protein powder would you recommend?
    My choice for protein powder. I like the 'blend' that has hydrolyzed whey/whey isolate/micellar casein (1:1:1): https://www.musclefeast.com/

    There are other things you can do. Have boiled eggs around to snack on. Eat some beef jerky (quite a bit more expensive that protein powder + a lot of salt). Plain greek yogurt and cottage cheese are also good protein sources with very little sugar. You don't have to stuff yourself on powders....but they are convenient.

  15. #2715
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    26,085
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sport is not important enough for me to eat stuff daily that isn't food (other than Oreos).

  16. #2716
    Wheelsuck Fat Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
    I say that every Monday morning after leg day on the weekend.
    Set two new PRs yesterday afternoon. Apparently I was lifting angry...
    I've got a date with a kettlebell later today. I'll be hurting tomorrow. Hell, I'm a little sore right now.

  17. #2717
    Powered by Borscht ovoleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    Russian Vodka
    Posts
    8,333
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
    As you don't have Complete Nutrition where you are:
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    I've taken ON Whey while lifting and it has the best flavors and mixes well. Can't say much about the content of the product but it seems a lot more trustworthy than the rest!
    -Cat-3-o-meter: TBD :/

  18. #2718
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,414
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
    This sport is not important enough for me to eat stuff daily that isn't food (other than Oreos).
    like

  19. #2719
    fair weather cyclist pjcampbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Green Mountains
    My Bikes
    Colnago c50
    Posts
    1,337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride #5 50 miles, 5000 ft. A little painful, but I slept 4 hours the night before and then spent the morning at the lake getting sunburned.

  20. #2720
    fuggitivo solitario echappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    7,960
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to see you checking in

  21. #2721
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,134
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy View Post
    My choice for protein powder. I like the 'blend' that has hydrolyzed whey/whey isolate/micellar casein (1:1:1): https://www.musclefeast.com/

    There are other things you can do. Have boiled eggs around to snack on. Eat some beef jerky (quite a bit more expensive that protein powder + a lot of salt). Plain greek yogurt and cottage cheese are also good protein sources with very little sugar. You don't have to stuff yourself on powders....but they are convenient.
    Very true. For me it just isn't possible to make my protein goals on food alone I must supplement with protein powder (6 scoops a day).
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  22. #2722
    Draught jwible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    My Bikes
    N-1 where N = number needed
    Posts
    4,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recovering from Athens. Jog later this afternoon with my son and then coaching 6yo soccer.

  23. #2723
    Senior Member wktmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10-4, 2012 Kona Honzo, 2013 CAAD X Ultegra, 1992 GT Tequesta
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First long ride Saturday since getting the cast off, did 68 miles at a pretty fast pace, racked up 266 TSS points and spent 40 mins at threshold

    Took Sunday off

    I will get my legs back before the season ends dammit!

  24. #2724
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,134
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwible View Post
    Recovering from Athens. Jog later this afternoon with my son and then coaching 6yo soccer.
    You race or watch?

    See my boy up there in qualifier finals? So proud of him.
    And our other in the amateur finals?
    Great weekend.
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  25. #2725
    Wheelsuck Fat Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
    Very true. For me it just isn't possible to make my protein goals on food alone I must supplement with protein powder (6 scoops a day).
    When you fart does it look like someone just squeezed a bottle of talcum powder?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •