Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 291 of 525 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 13120
  1. #7251
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    6,438
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ovoleg View Post
    I own the white toupe with WC colors

    Actually need to buy another one for a new bike, it only comes in red, wtf?
    I have a white toupe on my bike, but if I had the one with WC colors I would just put my ass on it and cover up the colors.

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  2. #7252
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    30,310
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grolby View Post
    Hour and a quarter or so of endurance on the trainer. Working my way up. Had an unexpected equipment change, I've wanted to switch seatposts between the road and CX bike for a while (the Thomson setback on the road bike was sitting right at the bend, I worry about ovalizing the seat tube), so went ahead and did it. But I can't tell forward from backward, and there wasn't enough room on the rails of my Flite Gel Flow to get it into the right position on the non-setback Thomson I swapped onto the road bike. It had been a big PITA to get the seatposts cleaned up and switch, so I dug out an old Toupé and used that - it has a shorter nose. I don't know, though. And it's white, ugh. Giving it a try anyway. If it doesn't work out, I'll just buy a new seatpost. I didn't want to be getting back on the bike and testing out a change in equipment at the same time, and it's all just due to my own stupidity.
    Let me know how that goes. I am a Flite guy from way back and am considering the Toupe.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  3. #7253
    Senior Member shovelhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    12,410
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ovoleg View Post
    I own the white toupe with WC colors
    Cat5 MUP World Champion.

  4. #7254
    Senior Member shovelhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    12,410
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    Let me know how that goes. I am a Flite guy from way back and am considering the Toupe.
    I have a spare that you can try out. 143mm Toupe Pro, carbon rails. PM me if you're interested. It's white without the WC stripes, because, yaknow, I am not a WC.

  5. #7255
    Powered by Borscht ovoleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    Russian Vodka
    Posts
    8,344
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    I have a white toupe on my bike, but if I had the one with WC colors I would just put my ass on it and cover up the colors.
    I don't get bent out of shape about the WC colors, they're all over bikes and other sh8t. If I got a bike on a good deal that came with the colors I wouldn't frett. Same with the saddle, I got it at like 20% off 4 yrs ago.
    -Cat-3-o-meter: TBD :/

  6. #7256
    Senior Member shovelhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western MA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    12,410
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, but you don't race against World Champions. I do.

  7. #7257
    Powered by Borscht ovoleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    Russian Vodka
    Posts
    8,344
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    OK, but you don't race against World Champions. I do.
    pretty sure no one is going to make that mistake with me bro

    It's just a few colors on the edge of the saddle that my butt covers. It's not like I'm wearing this:

    -Cat-3-o-meter: TBD :/

  8. #7258
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    South Louisiana
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD9
    Posts
    4,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousferret View Post
    40 mile recovery ride, set some PR's on the way out. I'm definitely getting stronger, got a FTP test on Tuesday and I'm hoping to bump it up even more.
    That doesn't sound right. I asked an expert, and he said...

    Regards,
    Chuck

    Demain, on roule!

  9. #7259
    Senior Member grolby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    BOSTON BABY
    Posts
    7,120
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    Let me know how that goes. I am a Flite guy from way back and am considering the Toupe.
    Well, I already know that I prefer the Flite, the Toupé was what I was using a couple saddles back. It's mostly the lack of the cheeks that curve down on the Flite, the Toupe just has edges, and it's a bit too flat, I'm very close to just falling off on one side. But maybe the Toupé won't be too bad, and it's way lighter than the Flite Gel Flow. What I really need is a setback seatpost that isn't a Thomson and maybe try the new Flite design, maybe the Carbonio Flow or something. Though those things are pretty expensive. Saddles. Why are they so expensive!?

    EDIT: Oh, I guess the new design for the Flite got wider. What!? Guess I'm looking for something else entirely. Sigh.

  10. #7260
    Senior Member furiousferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck View Post
    That doesn't sound right. I asked an expert, and he said...

    It was mostly the 25 mph constant tailwind; had I been rested and had the rocket ship* I could have did some major damage. The return trip was brutal.

    Sadly, many of my PR's aren't because I'm strong that day, but the wind is blowing in the right directions at the right times...

    *that's my tt bike
    judging from what you post on here it seems having a powermeter has caused you to focus on ewang numbers without much a focus on developing actual fitness.

  11. #7261
    Senior Member hyperlitenerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    alto velo A-ride. come do it sometime. Let me know when and I'll go if I can!
    Whats the info on the ride? Might be febuary before I am out at it.

  12. #7262
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    30,310
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grolby View Post
    Well, I already know that I prefer the Flite, the Toupé was what I was using a couple saddles back. It's mostly the lack of the cheeks that curve down on the Flite, the Toupe just has edges, and it's a bit too flat, I'm very close to just falling off on one side. But maybe the Toupé won't be too bad, and it's way lighter than the Flite Gel Flow. What I really need is a setback seatpost that isn't a Thomson and maybe try the new Flite design, maybe the Carbonio Flow or something. Though those things are pretty expensive. Saddles. Why are they so expensive!?

    EDIT: Oh, I guess the new design for the Flite got wider. What!? Guess I'm looking for something else entirely. Sigh.
    I hate that. Have you tried the Romin? I said Toupe, but I meant the Romin. It looks a lot like the Flite in some ways.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  13. #7263
    Senior Member furiousferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if most races are on Sundays, what do people do on Saturday? Light z2 work?

    Saturdays are typically my big ride / effort for the week, kinda sucks to have to give it up.
    judging from what you post on here it seems having a powermeter has caused you to focus on ewang numbers without much a focus on developing actual fitness.

  14. #7264
    Senior Member hyperlitenerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I am doing a mini peak for the race, I'll rest 2 days out, day before go out and do leg openers, some moderate threshold work. Get the legs ready for the hurt the next day. I've also had good luck with doing a time trial the day before a road race.

  15. #7265
    Pedal Warrior Specialized2k10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    My Bikes
    2010 Specialized Allez with SRAM Force gruppo
    Posts
    486
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caloso try the Romin evo. I use a 155 and it's the best saddle I have had. 4-5hrs rides and my butt is not bothering me. I'm more worried about tired legs and/or a bit of a sore neck. I also like the phenom in 155. I can't do 4-5 hrs rides on it but I'm fine for 3 hrs. I have it on my cx bike.
    2011 BMC Team Machine SLR01

    2005 Specialized FSR XC

  16. #7266
    formerly dnuzzomueller dz_nuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vacation in St. Kitts. Don't have my luggage yet. Even packed my bike shoes/ pedals so I could rent a bike here..... :/

    Training = rest week so far.
    I don't like cats.

  17. #7267
    powered by Racer Ex gsteinb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    teh Jersey
    Posts
    16,798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hurty stuff

  18. #7268
    Senior Member Wesley36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    709
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recovery week. Not a day too soon, I need to shed some fatigue from my last training block - woke up to a calf cramp yesterday.

    Then Saturday I test my FTP, and finally find out for real how productive this last block of training has been. I might be getting close to 4 W/kg (@ftp), at my current +5 lbs winter weight! So far I have been consistently exceeding my training goals, let's see what I can do after a taper.

  19. #7269
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,647
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
    hurty stuff
    sweet
    cat 1.

    blog

  20. #7270
    Senior Member aaronmcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S2, Ultegra 6700
    Posts
    1,546
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley36 View Post
    Recovery week. Not a day too soon, I need to shed some fatigue from my last training block - woke up to a calf cramp yesterday.

    Then Saturday I test my FTP, and finally find out for real how productive this last block of training has been. I might be getting close to 4 W/kg (@ftp), at my current +5 lbs winter weight! So far I have been consistently exceeding my training goals, let's see what I can do after a taper.
    Nice! I've also noticed good improvement last block (atually training semi-properly has its benefits). Good way to start the new year.

  21. #7271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek 1.2
    Posts
    672
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody do body weight or hindu squats? I feel like you can really get a good workout if more than 150 or so are done. Not in a row of course, but maybe sets of 20 or 25.

  22. #7272
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,647
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
    Does anybody do body weight or hindu squats? I feel like you can really get a good workout if more than 150 or so are done. Not in a row of course, but maybe sets of 20 or 25.
    Yes in fact, I was just doing some basic squats this morning, holding a 10-lb medicine ball. Can definitely feel it in the legs!

    Still figuring out how best to use the ball, but holding it out front and tossing it around seems to work the core some. I have no idea what I'm doing really.

    I figure instead of going to the gym or getting a weight set at home, I can just do a ton of reps. We'll see if it really helps, but I figure it can't hurt.
    cat 1.

    blog

  23. #7273
    Senior Member hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Yes in fact, I was just doing some basic squats this morning, holding a 10-lb medicine ball. Can definitely feel it in the legs!

    Still figuring out how best to use the ball, but holding it out front and tossing it around seems to work the core some. I have no idea what I'm doing really.

    I figure instead of going to the gym or getting a weight set at home, I can just do a ton of reps. We'll see if it really helps, but I figure it can't hurt.
    It will sound lame, but just be careful with high rep body weight squats. Keep knees in line with but behind your toes and weight on the heel. If you get too far forward that is a lot of shearing force on the joint. Also, make sure to keep your core engaged and not let the body flop around.

  24. #7274
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,647
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hack View Post
    It will sound lame, but just be careful with high rep body weight squats. Keep knees in line with but behind your toes and weight on the heel. If you get too far forward that is a lot of shearing force on the joint. Also, make sure to keep your core engaged and not let the body flop around.
    Makes sense, thanks.

    As far as distance between feet, what's a good rule of thumb? I figured doing them with roughly the spacing of bike pedals made sense but I really have no idea if it makes much of a difference.
    cat 1.

    blog

  25. #7275
    Senior Member hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,478
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Makes sense, thanks.

    As far as distance between feet, what's a good rule of thumb? I figured doing them with roughly the spacing of bike pedals made sense but I really have no idea if it makes much of a difference.

    Good question as I've never thought about it in a direct to cycling application. I used to just do a lot of work with squats. With that, rule of thumb is about shoulder width which is likely a bit wider than pedal width. Watching some videos recently of track guys (e.g., Chris Hoy), they seem to run with a shoulder width approach as well on their squats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •