Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-13, 10:25 AM   #26
gsteinb
out walking the earth
 
gsteinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: teh Jersey
Bikes:
Posts: 19,804
bikereg worked pretty good until they redid their website. A bunch of bugs, at least on mac, that they haven't fixed. that said, the differential between day of and bikereg surcharge makes day off reg more sensible.
gsteinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 10:50 AM   #27
gsteinb
out walking the earth
 
gsteinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: teh Jersey
Bikes:
Posts: 19,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Does one exist??

Just being able to view race schedules and pre-reg list would be nice.

Using their site on a phone is painful!!
BTW

http://bikereg.smartsupportapp.com


just sayin'
gsteinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 11:15 AM   #28
ovoleg
Powered by Borscht
 
ovoleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SoCal
Bikes: Russian Vodka
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Thanks!

Working on a filter option so you can filter the races by type (Road, cx, etc).

After that I think a pre-race checklist will be one of the next features.

I'd like to show results for racers when you click on them from the pre-reg list, but there are some technical issues around that.
Hey Matt sorry I wasn't able to get back to you earlier. The app is great, the only suggestion I have is when you click on the weather, have the whole button link you to a weather site not just the very far right arrow.

Otherwise it works great, wrote a review as well. Keep up the good work!
ovoleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 11:22 AM   #29
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
Not sure I follow - that's just support info for the site unless I'm missing something.

Fwiw the app I released works with usacycling.org, voo.st, prerace.com, and bikereg.com - so it's actually more than a "bikereg.com app". (so the thread title is a bit misleading, I admit)
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 11:23 AM   #30
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoleg View Post
Hey Matt sorry I wasn't able to get back to you earlier. The app is great, the only suggestion I have is when you click on the weather, have the whole button link you to a weather site not just the very far right arrow.

Otherwise it works great, wrote a review as well. Keep up the good work!
Yeah I need to fix that bug.. thanks for the reminder!

I'll definitely take care of that one in an upcoming version.
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 11:54 AM   #31
rankin116
Senior Member
 
rankin116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ChapelBorro NC
Bikes:
Posts: 3,933
I don't know if you saw it or not, but I commented in another thread about this. It would be nice to have more than one state as an option for races, if that's possible.
rankin116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 12:03 PM   #32
gsteinb
out walking the earth
 
gsteinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: teh Jersey
Bikes:
Posts: 19,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Not sure I follow - that's just support info for the site unless I'm missing something.

Fwiw the app I released works with usacycling.org, voo.st, prerace.com, and bikereg.com - so it's actually more than a "bikereg.com app". (so the thread title is a bit misleading, I admit)
The thread says

"bike reg needs an app"

support site = tell them.

If this thread is about your app that works with bike reg it could be a bit clearer and more transparent.
gsteinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 12:14 PM   #33
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin116 View Post
I don't know if you saw it or not, but I commented in another thread about this. It would be nice to have more than one state as an option for races, if that's possible.
Oh I didn't see that request - and lol I was afraid someone would ask for that feature! =]

I'll put it on the list for sure.

Thanks for the feedback!
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 08:21 PM   #34
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoleg View Post
The app is great, the only suggestion I have is when you click on the weather, have the whole button link you to a weather site not just the very far right arrow.
Just pushed an update with this feature in it - the whole weather cell is now tappable.

Should only take a few days for Apple to approve and release it.
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-13, 11:06 PM   #35
ovoleg
Powered by Borscht
 
ovoleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SoCal
Bikes: Russian Vodka
Posts: 8,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Just pushed an update with this feature in it - the whole weather cell is now tappable.

Should only take a few days for Apple to approve and release it.
sweet good work bro. One other thing I've noticed is since you pull from various sources, it duplicates some of the categories available. For instance the Ontario Series 1-7 shows like 5 Cat 4 races(all at the same time) and 3-5 of the Cat 4/5 races at the same time too. You could just add something that says if(time1==time2 && category1=category2) then it doesn't repost the same listing.

Not sure what's involved here cause I don't quite know how you pull the data.

Good work!
ovoleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-13, 10:11 AM   #36
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoleg View Post
sweet good work bro. One other thing I've noticed is since you pull from various sources, it duplicates some of the categories available. For instance the Ontario Series 1-7 shows like 5 Cat 4 races(all at the same time) and 3-5 of the Cat 4/5 races at the same time too. You could just add something that says if(time1==time2 && category1=category2) then it doesn't repost the same listing.

Not sure what's involved here cause I don't quite know how you pull the data.
Hmm thanks for pointing that out! Looks like the series schedule is all posted on the same page, so those are actually different races on different days.

What I need to do in that case is split up the categories by the dates or something.
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 10:47 AM   #37
hack
Senior Member
 
hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Folsom, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,976
Just downloaded and tinkered with the "race ready" app. I dig it, more info than the USAC app and plenty user friendly. Well done.
hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 11:25 AM   #38
Jandro
Cat 5 Mod
 
Jandro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,060
Buddy of mine was over to talk about coaching for the club (he just got his coaching certification and wants to help club members with basic stuff) and he pulled out his iPad and goes: "Hey have you seen this awesome usac/bikereg app?" Guess whose it was?
__________________
Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.
Jandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 12:54 PM   #39
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack View Post
Just downloaded and tinkered with the "race ready" app. I dig it, more info than the USAC app and plenty user friendly. Well done.
Awesome!!! Glad you like it.

Lemme know what feature(s) you'd like to see added most.
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 12:55 PM   #40
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandro View Post
Buddy of mine was over to talk about coaching for the club (he just got his coaching certification and wants to help club members with basic stuff) and he pulled out his iPad and goes: "Hey have you seen this awesome usac/bikereg app?" Guess whose it was?
Rad!! =]
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 01:36 PM   #41
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deschutes
Bikes:
Posts: 4,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Oh I didn't see that request - and lol I was afraid someone would ask for that feature! =]
WA is next on the list, right?
#dontforgetyourhomies
Hida Yanra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 03:38 PM   #42
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Yanra View Post
WA is next on the list, right?
#dontforgetyourhomies
Ha lol! My head hasn't gotten that big..

Fwiw all states are supported, the feature request is to show a race schedule for more than one state at a time.
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 03:48 PM   #43
hyperlitenerd
Senior Member
 
hyperlitenerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 89
Is there an android version in the works?
hyperlitenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 03:52 PM   #44
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlitenerd View Post
Is there an android version in the works?
Yeah, but I can't promise anything.. long story short I'm trying to use some frameworks to "convert" the app to Android (instead of rewriting it from scratch), but it's not working yet.
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 11:04 AM   #45
hyperlitenerd
Senior Member
 
hyperlitenerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Yeah, but I can't promise anything.. long story short I'm trying to use some frameworks to "convert" the app to Android (instead of rewriting it from scratch), but it's not working yet.
Any news on the android app? I am jealous of my iphone using friends! It looks great on iphone!
hyperlitenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 11:24 PM   #46
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Still working on it!
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 10:32 PM   #47
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Recently updated Race Ready with two oft-requested features:

1) Multiple state support - now you can view a merged race calendar for more than one state at a time.

2) Pre-reg'd riders list is sorted by team

Still working on the Android version.
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 06:21 AM   #48
Wylde06
Senior Member
 
Wylde06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Bikes: Cannondale Six13
Posts: 1,693
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psgp4eb8gm.png

i think I found a bug. Whenever I pull down to refresh, it just adds the same races to the list again. I just did it 3-4 times and now the same races are showing 3-4 times.
Wylde06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 11:27 AM   #49
mattm
**** that
Thread Starter
 
mattm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,544
Hmm yeah.

That's a side-effect of a "feature" I recently added, where some races are listed only once on the USAC schedule but repeat multiple times. For those repeating races (out here the one I'm thinking of is every month or so), the feature works great.

What I didn't anticipate is that it would end up listing races more than once on the same day.. sorry about that! I'll push out a fix for this eventually. Thanks for reporting it!
__________________
cat 1.

blog
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:02 PM.