Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 846
  1. #526
    Senior Member hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,113
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Holy ****, Cat's Hill is coming up!!

    My plan: not get dropped 20 mins in like last year..

    Also, cat 2's are scored separately than p/1 so that gives some extra incentive to hang on I guess.
    So not doing it as getting dropped in 20 min would be me. Opting for the Golden State Race Series in Rancho Cordova instead. It helps that I can jump into 4 race across Sat and Sun and only need to travel 5 miles to do so.

    I'll check out Cat's Hill one day, just not this year. Best of luck!

  2. #527
    RacingBear UmneyDurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    8,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be doing the Golden State Omnium. Yey driving. I have done Cat's Hill once, and it just not my type of race. If it wasn't the same weekend as Golden State I would do it.
    I see hills.... Bring them on!!!
    Stay calm and bring a towel.

  3. #528
    \_(ツ)_/ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    5,778
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post

    Also, cat 2's are scored separately than p/1 so that gives some extra incentive to hang on I guess.
    oh. wut. so IN

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  4. #529
    Arrogant Roadie Punk save10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,079
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In for Cat's Hill, Cat3's. my chances of getting pulled....80%. IF i finish i'll try to same day reg for 35+123s. I'm dusting off my 12-27 cassette from the bottom of my bike parts bin.

  5. #530
    Resident Alien Racer Ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Let me check.
    My Bikes
    Of course.
    Posts
    11,247
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I won Cat's Hill once.

  6. #531
    \_(ツ)_/ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    5,778
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I participated in Cat's Hill once!

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  7. #532
    Senior Member Impreza_aL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    My Bikes
    yellow tricycle di2 grip shifters
    Posts
    368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spectated cat's hill once.

  8. #533
    Resident Alien Racer Ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Let me check.
    My Bikes
    Of course.
    Posts
    11,247
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just missed the podium at Cat's hill once.

    I also pushed a very cute gal up the hill after her chain came off. I did not want to let go.

  9. #534
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come do Golden State. It's put on by the team with the nicest people.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  10. #535
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,181
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    Come do Golden State. It's put on by the team with the nicest people.
    It's an omnium right? I think I'll swing by on Sunday for the circuit race.
    pro-meter: lol

    blog

  11. #536
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Crit on Saturday, circuit on Sunday.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  12. #537
    Resident Alien Racer Ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Let me check.
    My Bikes
    Of course.
    Posts
    11,247
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    Come do Golden State
    I did a stripper named Amber Falls once. Any relation?

    Tough weekend. Dana Point vs. Cat's vs. Golden State.

    Already committed to doing Dana. They are handing out a grand to the biggest attacking idiot in the 45+ race. If this was the case at every race I'd be a rich mofo.

    Mostly we're doing a visibility booth to spread out the non profit's message...SOS Foundation. Clean, safe water development in developing countries. May or may not race.
    Last edited by Racer Ex; 04-28-14 at 10:10 PM.

  13. #538
    Senior Member aaronmcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S2, Ultegra 6700
    Posts
    1,313
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't decide cats hill or golden state. Or skip this weekend and go to a juggling festival.
    Cat's Hill: looks like a good course, close to home
    Golden State: 2 races per day! But being flat as a pancake will make it harder.
    Of course I could do Cat's hill then drive to Golden State...

    I guess this means I might be way too addicted to racing if I'd consider skipping the juggling festival...
    Last edited by aaronmcd; 05-01-14 at 03:33 PM.

  14. #539
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,181
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmcd View Post
    Can't decide cats hill or golden state. Or skip this weekend and go to a juggling festival.
    Cat's Hill: looks like a good course, close to home
    Golden State: 2 races per day! But being flat as a pancake will make it harder.
    Of course I could do Cat's hill then drive to Golden State...

    I guess this means I might be way too addicted to racing if I'd consider skipping the juggling festival...
    Dude.

    How about you win both races, then juggle the trophies?!

    Cat's hill is an awesome course.. you've got to do it!!
    pro-meter: lol

    blog

  15. #540
    Senior Member aaronmcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S2, Ultegra 6700
    Posts
    1,313
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Dude.

    How about you win both races, then juggle the trophies?!

    Cat's hill is an awesome course.. you've got to do it!!
    Just registered for Cat's Hill on Saturday, and Golden State 30+ 4/5 and cat 4 on Sunday.

    I'll have to hurry back on Sunday for Game of Thrones haha

  16. #541
    RacingBear UmneyDurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    8,049
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmcd View Post
    Just registered for Cat's Hill on Saturday, and Golden State 30+ 4/5 and cat 4 on Sunday.

    I'll have to hurry back on Sunday for Game of Thrones haha
    You have time to do Cat's Hill then drive up to Folsom for CAT 4 crit. :-)

    I am sick. So if you see a rider wheezing, coughing and dying at the back well you found me.
    I see hills.... Bring them on!!!
    Stay calm and bring a towel.

  17. #542
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,181
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    Come do Golden State. It's put on by the team with the nicest people.
    Fun course, thanks for putting on the race!

    Question: when I flatted in the circuit race, was the follow truck a "wheel truck"?

    I probably didn't handle the situation correctly, but put up my hand and pulled off, and following truck just zoomed on by. It had wheels in it (I think), but I didn't put any in so I didn't deserve any wheels necessarily.. but a ride woulda been nice!

    I did get a ride back to the start/finish from someone else in a car, but was trying to figure out what the truck was supposed to be doing if not rescuing poor old me with a flat.
    pro-meter: lol

    blog

  18. #543
    \_(ツ)_/ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    5,778
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At copperopolis the follow truck was there to pull dropped Marc-Pro Strava riders back to the break.




    *not that, you know, I'm annoyed by that.

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  19. #544
    Senior Member hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,113
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^at the start they told us the truck was wheels in wheels out, they'd stop if you flatted. I'm guessing you didn't get the same speech or there was a new driver.

  20. #545
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,181
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    At copperopolis the follow truck was there to pull dropped Marc-Pro Strava riders back to the break.

    *not that, you know, I'm annoyed by that.
    Ha.

    Quote Originally Posted by hack View Post
    ^at the start they told us the truck was wheels in wheels out, they'd stop if you flatted. I'm guessing you didn't get the same speech or there was a new driver.
    I'm guessing it was wheels in/out.. I didn't put any wheels in, but they didn't know that!

    Guess they just thought I pulled out, or didn't see me at all. Oh well, no biggie. At least I eventually got a ride.
    pro-meter: lol

    blog

  21. #546
    Senior Member hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,113
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Ha.



    I'm guessing it was wheels in/out.. I didn't put any wheels in, but they didn't know that!

    Guess they just thought I pulled out, or didn't see me at all. Oh well, no biggie. At least I eventually got a ride.
    That's a downer. Doesn't make for a very good sweep vehicle.

  22. #547
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that was a wheel truck, but I'm surprised they didn't stop just to ask if you had wheels. I'm sorry about that. I'll mention it at the follow-up meeting next week.

    But otherwise, I'm glad you enjoyed the race. I raced both days in the 45+ race; finished midpack both times. Raced as aggressively as my fitness would allow, which was actually better than expected. I really would have preferred to race E3, but I got guilted into the old man race by peer pressure. But I'm actually more tired from getting up to the course at 5:30 both days for set up.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  23. #548
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,181
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    Yes, that was a wheel truck, but I'm surprised they didn't stop just to ask if you had wheels. I'm sorry about that. I'll mention it at the follow-up meeting next week.

    But otherwise, I'm glad you enjoyed the race. I raced both days in the 45+ race; finished midpack both times. Raced as aggressively as my fitness would allow, which was actually better than expected. I really would have preferred to race E3, but I got guilted into the old man race by peer pressure. But I'm actually more tired from getting up to the course at 5:30 both days for set up.
    Thanks again for putting on the race, I'll definitely be out there next year!

    As for the wheel truck, the more I think about it I think it was my fault.. when I flatted I kept riding/pedaling, albeit really slowly.. so when the truck came by it wasn't like I was just standing on the side of the road, I was riding at like 2 mph. (since I didn't realize there was a wheel truck in the first place, so I was just making my way back to the parking lot)
    pro-meter: lol

    blog

  24. #549
    Resident Alien Racer Ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Let me check.
    My Bikes
    Of course.
    Posts
    11,247
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post


    Guess they just thought I pulled out, or didn't see me at all. Oh well, no biggie. At least I eventually got a ride.
    They had you on "ignore".

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

  25. #550
    Senior Member aaronmcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    My Bikes
    Cervelo S2, Ultegra 6700
    Posts
    1,313
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOOOOOO!!!!
    Pescadero is the weekend I'm in Arizona for my sister-in-law's wedding

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •