Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 246
  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,066
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    Remind me in 5 years and might have lived that very same tract.
    unfortunately, in the meantime the masses may be subject to listening to how you 'don't train' and 'aren't serious' and 'don't suck' and therefore must have things figured out because you can get on the 2nd page on a strava segment (which is never advice to anyone, of course--they must be reading between the lines).

    it's interesting how the ones who seem to give you the attention you need are often the newer riders impressed by things like riding hours or strava times, and the more experienced riders agree much less frequently.

    if it were me and if i realized that i'd STFU and listen. you might just write it off as those pesky haters!

    the definition of a hater is NOT someone who fails to give you the attention you seek in the way that you want it. grolby, gsteinb, rkwaki, shovel, just to name guys on the last 2 pages of this one thread...not haters. you're doing yourself (and ultimately this forum) a disservice to think otherwise.

    kinda goes along with the 'not gonna listen' attitude you generally flaunt, though. i hope it changes, sometime.

  2. #152
    \_(ツ)_/ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    6,386
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
    Hey, I'm over it, dude. If you want to be ignorant about criterium racing, be my guest.
    That's all I ever wanted. But no really, I'm going to have to do p12 crits next year with my new team so I expect I'll just learn on the job.

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  3. #153
    \_(ツ)_/ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    6,386
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
    unfortunately, in the meantime the masses may be subject to listening to how you 'don't train' and 'aren't serious' and 'don't suck' and therefore must have things figured out because you can get on the 2nd page on a strava segment (which is never advice to anyone, of course--they must be reading between the lines).

    it's interesting how the ones who seem to give you the attention you need are often the newer riders impressed by things like riding hours or strava times, and the more experienced riders agree much less frequently.

    if it were me and if i realized that i'd STFU and listen. you might just write it off as those pesky haters!

    the definition of a hater is NOT someone who fails to give you the attention you seek in the way that you want it. grolby, gsteinb, rkwaki, shovel, just to name guys on the last 2 pages of this one thread...not haters. you're doing yourself (and ultimately this forum) a disservice to think otherwise.

    kinda goes along with the 'not gonna listen' attitude you generally flaunt, though. i hope it changes, sometime.
    Deep breaths, it'll be OK.

    I would like to mention that the vast majority of say everyone but you and Shovel who left Social Cyclists get along fine with me. So while I say "hater's gonna hate" because I know you'll flip your ****, what I meant was sure, I consider if it's "just me" but came to the conclusion that it wasn't.

    Also, that place is still going, but hasn't grown because it doesn't turn up in any search results. I started reading back here again when SC was down for like 9 days and I got hooked. I love you guys.

    Another point I would ask you to consider is that SC started out when a bunch of people I had nothing to do with started banning each other. This stuff isn't new.

    Lastly, honestly, don't be mad. I actually requested to be your facebook friend in the hopes you might see some some interaction I have with the tons of people I get along with and wouldn't just see a giant blinking "huge *******" next to my posts. What else can I do?

    Those names you listed, I uhm, replied to them and I don't think any of them are actually upset, but if you were asked to speak for them I'd be surprised.

    There's no side to pick here. I don't want a coach because I'm happy how I'm progressing and how I'm doing. I might in the future! I don't think a coach is 100% necessary for someone to do well, but for most people it probably would help them progress faster.

    Is that really controversial?

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  4. #154
    **** that mattm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CALI
    Posts
    11,601
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    I'm going to have to do p12 crits next year with my new team so I expect I'll just learn on the job.
    The Early Bird series in January would be a good place to start - relatively low key, smaller fields, nobody watching if you decide to drop/crash out.
    cat 1.

    blog

  5. #155
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,416
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    The Early Bird series in January would be a good place to start - relatively low key, smaller fields, nobody watching if you decide to drop/crash out.
    Subtle.
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  6. #156
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,416
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    That's all I ever wanted. But no really, I'm going to have to do p12 crits next year with my new team so I expect I'll just learn on the job.
    You are a p/1/2?
    i may have missed something...
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  7. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,066
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    Deep breaths, it'll be OK.

    I would like to mention that the vast majority of say everyone but you and Shovel who left Social Cyclists get along fine with me. So while I say "hater's gonna hate" because I know you'll flip your ****, what I meant was sure, I consider if it's "just me" but came to the conclusion that it wasn't.

    Also, that place is still going, but hasn't grown because it doesn't turn up in any search results. I started reading back here again when SC was down for like 9 days and I got hooked. I love you guys.

    Another point I would ask you to consider is that SC started out when a bunch of people I had nothing to do with started banning each other. This stuff isn't new.

    Lastly, honestly, don't be mad. I actually requested to be your facebook friend in the hopes you might see some some interaction I have with the tons of people I get along with and wouldn't just see a giant blinking "huge *******" next to my posts. What else can I do?

    Those names you listed, I uhm, replied to them and I don't think any of them are actually upset, but if you were asked to speak for them I'd be surprised.

    There's no side to pick here. I don't want a coach because I'm happy how I'm progressing and how I'm doing. I might in the future! I don't think a coach is 100% necessary for someone to do well, but for most people it probably would help them progress faster.

    Is that really controversial?
    fudgy, if you want to have that interpretation of the departure of SC, i'll leave you to your world. i suspect you just simply don't know what you don't know. (in fact, you prove that often here on BF.) it must be the excuses you need to continue thinking and behaving as you do.

    more experienced folks can see through the bike-related BS.

    you seem to think this is about one post, or one thread even. it just happens that i responded in one place. i don't care if you have a coach or not; why would i? i'm not speaking for shovel or gsteinb or grolby or rkwaki--just reading what they wrote on the last 2 pages. i don't expect anything about you to change, but it had to be said.

    i'm not mad at you. i just simply don't respect you.

    like i said before, i typically read threads a few pages at a time, and when your posts pop up there's a noticeable pattern. 'hey--i never said that.'

    you have a problem goading people, as you admit. you just did it up above, intentionally. shovel has called you on how you tend to word things in your posts (this isn't just a one time thing) to imply things only to say 'you read between the lines; i can't help it'. you like to say something and leave wiggle room to weasel out of it.

    dude, i'd have more respect for you if you actually were just forthright than the "i'll just throw a rock and then pretend i didn't" style that comes up so often.

    we're not friends. you helped lead to the dissolution of the SC community (too much noise; not enough signal). writing it off as 'an outage' that drove you here is kind of BS. you needed the attention; something about a race you did well in ('but results don't matter').

    the SC community still exists from what i can see -- insofar as it's like 4 people talking to each other. my hope is that you don't bring the same problems you have online (the ones you admit to) over to here.

    as for the Facebook thing, that is one of the more laughable things i've read in a while. you sent me a friend request in order to prove that you're a good guy and not the ****** you've proven yourself to be online for a few years -- and to still be? yeah, i think i'll invest the time in seeing where that goes. kinda weird.

    where's that eye-roll icon?

    not really interested in you other than occasionally being forced to see your posts here when i sign in. i like the community, though, and i'll speak up when i (repeatedly) see something that i think is not helping. don't mistake it for interest in you. i'd like to see the knowledgeable posters here stick around and the new benefit from rich discussion.

  8. #158
    \_(ツ)_/ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    6,386
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
    You are a p/1/2?
    i may have missed something...
    Nah, I'm a handful points away. Like a win or a couple 3-4-5ths. usac 321408, you can look at the trend, but that was all racing alone. I'm hoping with a more active team I can be more productive earlier next year.
    Last edited by Ygduf; 10-23-13 at 11:16 PM.

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  9. #159
    \_(ツ)_/ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    6,386
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
    where's that eye-roll icon?
    I have all the drama I need in my real life. That's to say, like none at all. Well, my dog was hurt, but he's doing well now thanks.

    Point is, I can't hold your hand all the time. Just you ignore me and I swear to god I'll resist the urge to post TLR every time I scroll past yours? Seems a reasonable compromise.

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  10. #160
    fuggitivo solitario echappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    8,036
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tetonrider View Post
    fudgy, if you want to have that interpretation of the departure of SC, i'll leave you to your world. i suspect you just simply don't know what you don't know. (in fact, you prove that often here on BF.) it must be the excuses you need to continue thinking and behaving as you do.

    more experienced folks can see through the bike-related BS.

    you seem to think this is about one post, or one thread even. it just happens that i responded in one place. i don't care if you have a coach or not; why would i? i'm not speaking for shovel or gsteinb or grolby or rkwaki--just reading what they wrote on the last 2 pages. i don't expect anything about you to change, but it had to be said.

    i'm not mad at you. i just simply don't respect you.

    like i said before, i typically read threads a few pages at a time, and when your posts pop up there's a noticeable pattern. 'hey--i never said that.'

    you have a problem goading people, as you admit. you just did it up above, intentionally. shovel has called you on how you tend to word things in your posts (this isn't just a one time thing) to imply things only to say 'you read between the lines; i can't help it'. you like to say something and leave wiggle room to weasel out of it.

    dude, i'd have more respect for you if you actually were just forthright than the "i'll just throw a rock and then pretend i didn't" style that comes up so often.

    we're not friends. you helped lead to the dissolution of the SC community (too much noise; not enough signal). writing it off as 'an outage' that drove you here is kind of BS. you needed the attention; something about a race you did well in ('but results don't matter').

    the SC community still exists from what i can see -- insofar as it's like 4 people talking to each other. my hope is that you don't bring the same problems you have online (the ones you admit to) over to here.

    as for the Facebook thing, that is one of the more laughable things i've read in a while. you sent me a friend request in order to prove that you're a good guy and not the ****** you've proven yourself to be online for a few years -- and to still be? yeah, i think i'll invest the time in seeing where that goes. kinda weird.

    where's that eye-roll icon?

    not really interested in you other than occasionally being forced to see your posts here when i sign in. i like the community, though, and i'll speak up when i (repeatedly) see something that i think is not helping. don't mistake it for interest in you. i'd like to see the knowledgeable posters here stick around and the new benefit from rich discussion
    .

  11. #161
    Resident Alien Racer Ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Location, location.
    Posts
    11,431
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    And I go out of my way to ride with Ex every time I know he is here. It's been a bit, but I don't think he thinks I'm an actual *******.
    Don't let him snow you on this. He's a stalker and keeps showing up whenever I'm within driving distance. Unfortunately I can't drop him except in a sprint so I'm stuck with him jabbering on about how everyone thinks he's an awhole but he's really a good guy, just misunderstood. I get a few seconds of rest at the various city limit signs then it's more blah blah blah.

    And he doesn't even own a dog, that picture was ripped off from Photobucket.

    Glad to hear he's doing better BTW.

    The written word leaves room for interpretation. We read things in a good mood or bad mood and they'll hit us differently. It's not filtered with inflection, expressions and physical nuances. It's why it's good to read things before you post them sometimes.

    Not that I need to. But the rest of you? For sure.

    I like hanging out talking and riding with Fudgy, he's OK in my book FWIW.
    Last edited by Racer Ex; 10-23-13 at 11:43 PM.

  12. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,066
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    I have all the drama I need in my real life. That's to say, like none at all. Well, my dog was hurt, but he's doing well now thanks.

    Point is, I can't hold your hand all the time. Just you ignore me and I swear to god I'll resist the urge to post TLR every time I scroll past yours? Seems a reasonable compromise.
    your attempts to be demeaning are sad more than anything.

    you respond to my posts, so even if one has you on ignore it doesn't work. you send me requests on Facebook. how about you stop doing that stuff and drop the notion that i'll be your friend? it's desperate, dude.

    how about this? stop posting bull****. i chose to call you on it on one thread. i'm not here every day.

    why not go back to SC and post strava links and training volume and spurious advice on there? not enough attention?

    the only compromise i'm interested in is one that preserves the presence of the knowledgeable posters in this community. i couldn't care less if you're around or not, but i sure as hell don't want to see them leave as has happened before in other online communities in which you've participated.

  13. #163
    \_(ツ)_/ Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    My Bikes
    road bikes
    Posts
    6,386
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer Ex View Post
    Don't let him snow you on this. He's a stalker and keeps showing up whenever I'm within driving distance. Unfortunately I can't drop him except in a sprint so I'm stuck with him jabbering on about how everyone thinks he's an awhole but he's really a good guy, just misunderstood. I get a few seconds of rest at the various city limit signs then it's more blah blah blah.

    And he doesn't even own a dog, that picture was ripped off from Photobucket.

    Glad to hear he's doing better BTW.

    The written word leaves room for interpretation. We read things in a good mood or bad mood and they'll hit us differently. It's not filtered with inflection, expressions and physical nuances. It's why it's good to read things before you post them sometimes.

    Not that I need to. But the rest of you? For sure.

    I like hanging out talking and riding with Fudgy, he's OK in my book FWIW.
    Oh man, I'm more vulnerable than I thought. I was starting to genuinely feel bad if someone I'd met IRL didn't like me!

    It turns out my dog might just be a drug seeker. He acts hurt until you rush him to the emergency vet and they prescribe narcotics. Then he's suddenly better but he still comes running when he hears the pill bottles.

    twitter.com/ygduf
    strava.com/athletes/ygduf

  14. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,066
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    Oh man, I'm more vulnerable than I thought. I was starting to genuinely feel bad if someone I'd met IRL didn't like me!
    making a distinction between 'real life' and your online persona is pathetic, in my opinion. most people these days integrate the two seamlessly.

    if you're this great, well-adjusted, drama-free, not depressed, educated, really happy (wish i had a dollar for every time you've felt the need to reinforce all of that on bikeforums alone!) guy 'IRL', then why can't you just figure out how to convey that online, where you have problems you admit to (and others you don't)?

    most normal, functioning members of society in 2013 don't really have trouble with the two. yeah, most of us live a life that seamlessly mixes the two. if you truly can't do it, maybe go return to that other pool with those guys who 'banned each other' because they're online personalities were doucebags but they're all great "IRL".

    i'd argue that many people are more their true self online than "in real life" as you say. when issues pop up online -- but they're only online, i swear! -- just makes you wonder what's real.

    is the concept of 'online fudgy' being your true self too hard for you to bear? i mean, if that were me i would do all i could to block it out, but you must get through the day somehow.

  15. #165
    Resident Alien Racer Ex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Location, location.
    Posts
    11,431
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    It turns out my dog might just be a drug seeker. He acts hurt until you rush him to the emergency vet and they prescribe narcotics. Then he's suddenly better but he still comes running when he hears the pill bottles.
    You housekeeper, him Limbaugh.

  16. #166
    avatar by Sean Powers mike868y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    charm city
    My Bikes
    2009 Specialized Tarmac Pro
    Posts
    6,893
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    teton v. fudgy is the long winded and wordy 2013 version of botto v. mikey.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
    it depends

  17. #167
    fuggitivo solitario echappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    8,036
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike868y View Post
    teton v. fudgy is the long winded and wordy 2013 version of botto v. mikey.
    someone didn't teach you about false equivalency.

    In case you forgot, here's one of the many things he said

    Quote Originally Posted by botto View Post
    no, i mean back in the days when rtc actually rode a bike, before mikey came here to find a father figure, and foo was in foo.

    I could pull up more of his ad hominem posts on you, but i think you get the point

    btw, here's how I responded
    Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    your spiel on this is getting really old. Ad hominem attacks on people's familial situation is especially crude. He ain't your pinata and i find it a bit cruel that you treat him as such.
    There's nothing equivalent here. In case you can't see through it, allow me: your situation is that of a man more than twice your age lambasting and taunting you despite the pleas from others. Almost like a hazing ritual of as if a hazing ritual is necessary to join an internet forum. The taunts got very personal, and he often played armchair psychologist

    -----

    The present situation is one where more than a few people are tired of seeing fudgy argue for argument's sake, or as he puts it, pointing out the small inconsistencies and playing the devil's advocate. The back-and-forth may be pedantic, but Teton is not browbeating fudgy, teton is not playing armchair shrink, teton is not putting in ad hominem attacks. hell, teton isn't even alone in his view (though plurality of people doesn't mean anything, per se), whereas our resident clog was the only person to keep on piling on the unwarranted taunts. The dynamics and the facts of the situation are different, and if you want to support fudgy, at least be honest enough with yourself to see the difference.

    Anyways, i'm outta here. Gotta get a ride going and shred my legs with big gear work.

  18. #168
    gmt Grumpy McTrumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    11,956
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  19. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,480
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wow, who could've predicted this thread would go in this direction

  20. #170
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,416
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDcatV View Post
    wow, who could've predicted this thread would go in this direction
    Agreed. If this was the 41 it would be expected...
    Though I do love a good ole fashioned brew-ha-ha...
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  21. #171
    powered by Racer Ex gsteinb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    teh Jersey
    Posts
    16,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    Anyways, i'm outta here.
    Quitter.

  22. #172
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,416
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
    Quitter.
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  23. #173
    fuggitivo solitario echappist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    8,036
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsteinb View Post
    Quitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkwaki View Post
    i know, i shelved the workout this morning for later on tonight.

    technically, i'm allowed to roll in whenever i want, but i think showing up early to work is always better

  24. #174
    soon to be gsteinc... rkwaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    getting photographed by rockets...
    Posts
    8,416
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was put on Twitter last night by a very successful coach in another sport (Scott Abel - Bodybuilding/Fitness Coach):
    Immature Coaches, in this industry, think everything is about client performance and therefore this kind of Coach is more concerned with how a client makes him/her look as a Coach. This is selfish of course. Mature Coaches realize that client high-performance cannot be the ALWAYS bottom-line goal with nothing in-between. That is not real-life and no client wants to feel like they live on a hamster wheel or are subject to a Coach’s approval or disapproval for “performance.”

    Mature Coaches realize that effective client performance doesn’t come from position, power, or dictations of the Coach! Client performance is better insured without a ‘*** to the head’ sense of pressure. And it is better insured by thinking of the client in terms of “progress” not “performance.” Real Coaching engages client performance and progress from a place of human values (not just performance criterion) and the Mature Coach has regards for the client that are real and genuine and supportive of the client – from the client’s level of understanding – not the coach’s notion of his/her own reputation! Rant over
    "if you ride it the way it's meant to be ridden there's no way any wife is less of a ***** than a bicycle." - gstein

  25. #175
    These Guys Eat Oreos Creatre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    My Bikes
    Yes
    Posts
    3,404
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Category 2 | | Velogames BikeForums Leagues: 1st - 2012 Veulta, 1st - 2011 Vuelta, 2nd - 2013 Vuelta, 3rd - 2012 Giro, 4th - 2012 TdF

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •