Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    rider of small bicycles geneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    My Bikes
    Cannondale
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    It's official ...

    I just renewed my license from 12 years ago. What have I done?!?!?!?

    -mark

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mojo GoGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Madone 5.2
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geneman
    I just renewed my license from 12 years ago. What have I done?!?!?!?

    -mark
    Saved yourself from having to take (and fail?) another road test
    Ciao,
    Mojo GoGo

    For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind.
    Now is the time to OPPOSE that thumb!


    I'm not fat, I'm a sprinter!

  3. #3
    Meow! my58vw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Riverside, California
    My Bikes
    Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter
    Posts
    6,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set yourself up for months of suffering, pain and overall excitment...

    have fun!
    Just your average club rider... :)

  4. #4
    rider of small bicycles geneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    My Bikes
    Cannondale
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo GoGo
    Saved yourself from having to take (and fail?) another road test

    cute ...

    my current philosophy is never up never in, go big or go home, if it's worth doing it's worth doing well, yada, yada, yada.

    I'm riding tomorrow (Sunday) with the big boys, rain or shine, dropped (probably) or not.
    link to the (pre-season) race

    -mark

  5. #5
    Cheers! 2wheeled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodinville
    My Bikes
    Scott Addict R15, Cadd 9
    Posts
    1,284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might find it hard to keep up on that tiny bike

  6. #6
    Cheers! 2wheeled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodinville
    My Bikes
    Scott Addict R15, Cadd 9
    Posts
    1,284
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, good luck to ya. I'm considering the same thing.

  7. #7
    Tiocfáidh ár Lá jfmckenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The edge of b#
    My Bikes
    A whole bunch-a bikes.
    Posts
    5,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome back

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mojo GoGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Madone 5.2
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geneman
    cute ...
    I'm riding tomorrow (Sunday) with the big boys, rain or shine, dropped (probably) or not.
    link to the (pre-season) race

    -mark
    So, how did you do?
    Ciao,
    Mojo GoGo

    For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind.
    Now is the time to OPPOSE that thumb!


    I'm not fat, I'm a sprinter!

  9. #9
    rider of small bicycles geneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    My Bikes
    Cannondale
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo GoGo
    So, how did you do?
    cancelled due to bad weather ... icy roads last Sunday. They're off again this Sat. I'm going to see if I can get some free time from the wife ... its been a heavy work week and I haven't exactly been around much.

    I'll let you know how soon into the ride I get dropped with a new post.

    Mark

  10. #10
    Tiocfáidh ár Lá jfmckenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The edge of b#
    My Bikes
    A whole bunch-a bikes.
    Posts
    5,385
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats the spirit!



  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, my license expired in 1992!!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Mojo GoGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Madone 5.2
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geneman
    I'll let you know how soon into the ride I get dropped with a new post.

    Mark
    I was out of town on Sunday so I didn't know about the weather. I'm not in good enough shape to race yet although I'm planning on joining GVCC later this year. The route was just around the corner from where I live so let me know when it's reschedule and I can grab a lawn chair, a hot toddy and help motivate (antagonize) you as you go by...

    Do you respond better to generic taunts such as "pick it up" or inspirational comments focusing on your riding style such as “quit riding the bike side saddle”?
    Last edited by Mojo GoGo; 03-24-05 at 09:36 AM.
    Ciao,
    Mojo GoGo

    For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind.
    Now is the time to OPPOSE that thumb!


    I'm not fat, I'm a sprinter!

  13. #13
    rider of small bicycles geneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    My Bikes
    Cannondale
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo GoGo
    I was out of town on Sunday so I didn't know about the weather. I'm not in good enough shape to race yet although I'm planning on joining GVCC later this year. The route was just around the corner from where I live so let me know when it's reschedule and I can grab a lawn chair, a hot toddy and help motivate (antagonize) you as you go by...

    Do you respond better to generic taunts such as "pick it up" or inspirational comments focusing on your riding style such as “quit riding the bike side saddle”?
    Ask anyone ... I respond the best to Ben and Jerry's ice cream. They've got this "peace pop" on a stick product that you could just throw at me as I go by. It's guaranteed to be good for an extra 5 mph.

    -mark

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •