Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   "The 33"-Road Bike Racing (http://www.bikeforums.net/33-road-bike-racing/)
-   -   How close to the event should your warmup be? (http://www.bikeforums.net/33-road-bike-racing/943201-how-close-event-should-your-warmup.html)

rkwaki 04-15-14 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needmoreair (Post 16674637)
Who's Matthew? This is a weird conversation.

Meunier.
Stick around it will get weirder...
I promise...

mollusk 04-15-14 08:21 PM

The answer is 42.

himespau 04-15-14 08:45 PM

Bets on how far he made it? Podium? DNP? 3 laps? DNS?

bbbean 04-15-14 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himespau (Post 16674763)
Bets on how far he made it? Podium? DNP? 3 laps? DNS?

Dnp in field, but 1st geezer by age.

jmikami 04-15-14 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbean (Post 16674871)
Dnp in field, but 1st geezer by age.

Did you avoid hard efforts at the start of the race, or suffer because of your lack of warmup? We need details for scientific evidence to use in our next internet debate.

bbbean 04-16-14 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmikami (Post 16675087)
Did you avoid hard efforts at the start of the race, or suffer because of your lack of warmup? We need details for scientific evidence to use in our next internet debate.

Nothing could thrill me more than having my subjective race analyiys serve as the fodder for extended faux debate, but suffice it to say that overtraining + 50 yr old legs + no real warmup = a performance that was less than optimal, but not embarrasingly bad.

rkwaki 04-16-14 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbean (Post 16676590)
Nothing could thrill me more than having my subjective race analyiys serve as the fodder for extended faux debate, but suffice it to say that overtraining + 50 yr old legs + no real warmup = a performance that was less than optimal, but not embarrasingly bad.

We save the real beatings for others who are much more pretentious that you are. You know the ones who ask for advice the debate the advice given by cat 1s or pros.

waterrockets 04-16-14 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwaki (Post 16676676)
We save the real beatings for others who are much more pretentious that you are. You know the ones who ask for advice the debate the advice given by cat 1s or pros.

I was in a 35+ crit that included the p12 women, and one of the pro women is a friend of mine. A break goes off the front and builds to 6 riders. Starts looking good with about 20 seconds on us. She says to me: "You should jump up there, that's the break." I said I'm going to give it a minute. Well, when I finally decided to bridge up, they hit the gas right when I arrived. I only survived about 8 minutes with them and was back in the pack, and she was shaking her head when she saw me coming back. That's the last time I ignore (trusted) pro advice -- had I gone when she said to, it would have only taken half the effort to bridge. I was just worried that too many would try to follow and the break would no longer stick.

Creakyknees 04-16-14 03:31 PM

Thinking about on the bike efficiency and the energy costs of hips square and stable, or not? When your're sitting and making big power, are your hips still or do they move a bit?

Bikefitters usually say, stable hips. Saddle height is basically the highest hip-stable position the rider can maintain. Right?

rkwaki 04-16-14 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets (Post 16676704)
I was in a 35+ crit that included the p12 women, and one of the pro women is a friend of mine. A break goes off the front and builds to 6 riders. Starts looking good with about 20 seconds on us. She says to me: "You should jump up there, that's the break." I said I'm going to give it a minute. Well, when I finally decided to bridge up, they hit the gas right when I arrived. I only survived about 8 minutes with them and was back in the pack, and she was shaking her head when she saw me coming back. That's the last time I ignore (trusted) pro advice -- had I gone when she said to, it would have only taken half the effort to bridge. I was just worried that too many would try to follow and the break would no longer stick.

Is she hawt?

waterrockets 04-16-14 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkwaki (Post 16677345)
Is she hawt?

The riders behind her here are mostly men. She's also a former BMX national champion.

Photo credit: Glennon Simmons
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_o16KXzP2EC...606163-M-3.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 AM.