Currently riding a 2010 Tarmac with a threaded BB and a SRAM 975 Quarq PM.
Getting ready to hopefully buy a new Roubaix SL4 with a OSBB BB. I don't know what I should do.
1. Keep current PM and purchase a Praxis Works conversion kit
2. Sell current PM, and buy a new OSBB model.
3. Sell current PM, and buy a PowerTap G3.
I don't race much anymore, and I'll be getting a set of November Rail 52s carbon clinchers for my everyday wheel. I don't switch wheels, so having the PM dedicated to a rear wheel isn't ( I think ) going to be a problem
Well, what do you guys suggest?
I've decided to get a second power meter. The new one will go on the new Roubai, and I'll keep the old one on the Tarmac. Mainly because I love training with power, and want to keep the Tarmac as my trainer/bad weather bike and still want to record workouts.
Now my new situation is what to buy. Here are what I've boiled it down to:
1. Buy a Quarq Red22 in BB30 - or maybe GXP. I'd like to get the PM in the native BB30 and not have to run adapters. GXP is nice because it'll fit more bikes. For me this wond be a likely issue as I'll ride this frame 2-3 years and by then, tech wil advance and I'll likey Ebay the meter and upgrade.
2. Buy a Power2Max to mount to the Specialized cranks. I like this option too because I feel like I have more flexability with cranks - change length, switch to S-works.
I'm assuming the meters will read within say 4-5% of each other, no? I'm just taking the accuracy of each unit and assuming the worst in each direction.
Well, what would you guys do now? lol