As the nights are beginning to draw ever shorter and colder here in the UK I was thinking of upping sticks and moving to Barcelona to train for some of the Winter.
This year was my first full season of racing in the UK, I managed to go from 4th to 1st Cat in one season which I'm quite pleased about. I'm looking to do some big races next year, and so I want to be able to train hard over winter to be stronger for next year. So I thought to myself how I could do this - move to warmer climates!
I was wondering a few things;
1. Are there many groups that I can train and ride with? I'd like to do some long hilly rides (100 miles/ 160km) as well as short intense efforts (1-2 hours 35kph average, ie chain gang).
2. What is it like for racing in the area?
3. Is there a BCF equivalent?
4. Where can I get a cheap place to stay?
5. Is it possible to get some part time work (preferably within cycling but not essential) in order to buy food and rent etc.
6. Are there many teams out there, possibly where I could get sponsored?
Any information whatsoever on any of these questions will be much appreciated,