Old 11-01-06, 09:28 PM
ViperZ
Baby it's cold outside...

Bikes: Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Alias HID Arrived today and was waiting for me when I got home. What a sweet lamp! It came nicely packaged with all the accessories required. The battery was charged for when I plugged it in, the charger started blinking Green (fully charged) with in 3 minutes.

When I turned it on, I felt like Luke Skywalker turning on a Light saber, it was soo cool

The dimensions of this unit is 50mm at the biggest diameter and 150mm in length. The case is made of aluminum and it has a very nice textured Titanium finish to it. The battery is very quick to replace by threading open the back, dropping it in. I'll definitely get a spare battery to carry around in my pack or for those longer rides. The battery is a Li-Ion and is certainly small enough. Burn time is said to be 2.5 hours on high.

Over all it's pretty small in size and packs a lot of punch. The handlebar mount is like a quick release on a wheel, and detaches very quickly. The Light slides in from the front and locks in place with a very positive click. There is a button that needs to be pressed to release the light from the mount.

I tested it on both bike to see how it would fit and feel, both mounted well with out really changing to much to the feel of the steering with the weight of the light. In tests it is bright! Maybe not Lupine Bright, but baby, even in the darkest alley, I could see as far as I wanted to see, and the peripheral light was excellent as well. I really love the way the shadows are cast on to pebbles, rocks, dips, basically the whole textured terrain of the road. It was like some extra 7th sense vision riding with this light.

I get to ride to work in the morning with it and I can't wait. This is going to be a lot of fun!

I'll let the pictures do the talking now.