Old 11-02-06, 12:21 PM
Ric
Strada, GTT2s, Hotmover

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Recumbomatic
I will say this for RecumbentUSA: you get a solid, well built frame.

Apart from some entry-level components, many of the flaws I noted are primarily cosmetic. The stock wheels are not bad, and with upgrades the bike can be a very decent and fun recumbent with good performance. If you can get one at a discounted price and have the patience to make changes, its actually not a bad way to go. With Actionbent you get a better recumbent (for more $) with less need for upgrades.

Not everybody has $1600-1800 to spend on a brand new Bacchetta, Rans, Volae, HP, etc. Its ridiculous to say that spending a bundle is the only way to get a good recumbent!

To start with I never said to spend $1600-1800 on a brand new Bacchetta, Rans, Volae, HP, etc. I said you get what you pay for.
You're going to spend $725 on bike w/Tax $800 and from the way you post reads your going to upgrade wheels and components so by the time you make the improvements, wheels costing $350 to $400 for a decent set and new components $250 you will be spending $1450 on this deal and at that point you have a jigsaw puzzle you have to put together.
Now considering the wife just purchased a brand new custom built Rans Formula with a 700c rear wheel and 451 front, Pauls rear brakes, Bacchetta seat and all shimano Ultegra componenets for $1700 out the door I fail to see where that $725 bike that cost you $1450 is such a good deal.

Last edited by Ric; 11-02-06 at 04:16 PM.