SipperPhoto
The Cycling Photographer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
Interesting article.

I think you have to get away from the word "dieting" and get into the concept of "new eating habits."

Dieting implies a temporary attempt at new eating patterns, which by the very word of "dieting" implies that you will stop doing it at some future time and start "eating" (in opposition to dieting) again.

Otherwise you are doomed to failure.

The same with exercise - it has to become a new habit which you can not live without.
Dnvr...

I completely agree with you 100%... When I needed to lose about 30 lbs. 5 years ago... I didn't just "go on a diet". I made a complete lifestyle change... I stopped eating junk, and starting eating more fruits and generally better things... I started exercising, and just worked it into my daily schedule... go to work, hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week... I didn;t think about it as exercising to lose weight... I just knew it had to be done.. made a decision to do it, and didn;t look back... since then, I have started riding again about 1.5 years ago, and my weight is pretty much where I want it to be, and has been for the last 5 years since I made the change

Jeff