View Single Post
Old 11-02-06, 02:15 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Every one keeps telling me that Luxion LED's are not that good- I have the Exposure Enduro Turbo as the in the link and this is twin 5 watt luxions. Just tried to get pics to prove it but I am not used to the camera and can't get it to run properly so sorry just believe me.
Last year I used a twin 10 watt halogen. Not bad but still only just on the edge of usable at speed. Spot light ran out of real power at about 40 yards and was a distinct spot light and the flood did not fill the gap from the front wheel to the spot. My halogen spot on the helmet was more usefull as this was a tight beam for 50 yards and this is only a 2w bulb so must be down to the quality of the lens.

The Exposure throws light from the front wheel to 60 yards in front and it is full up to that point and then it stops.The beam is also wider than last years lamp and no unlit area at all in the range of the lamp.
No external battery- so no leads to fall off or get pulled out and I can get 8 hrs on low light that gives as good a light as the twin halogen. On the turbo I only get 2 1/2 hours but you do not use the turbo that often. Disadvantage- It is still expensive.

High power luxions are not here yet but I rate this twin 5w as good as the mid price HID's that I tested and better than the cheap ones. No way will it compare to the top of the range though but that will come. Probably at a price that puts them out of the market for most of us but they will come.

http://www.use1.com/exposure/product...duro/index.php

Spike Milligan