Old 11-03-06, 11:46 AM
branman1986
Eternal Cat3 Rookie

Bikes: 2004 Giant TCR2 Composite & 2006 Fuji Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no problem, couple things to mention. On the way out and just a little bit on the way back on, you'll be riding on Cartersville Hwy...it's a 4 lane + turn lane 55 mph hwy. When we went in the middle of the day, there was no traffic on it whatsoever, but I'm not sure what it's like other times. It's got a decent shoulder though, but if you go too far over, you're in rumble strips. It's nice and flat so the cars can see you from about a mile away and have plenty of time to get into the left lane to pass.

The other thing is that we rode past three "dog yards." No incidents, but just something to look out for.

It's just a matter of time before there's a group ride that does that route, usually breaks into A & B groups and possibly C so there will be someone your speed. If you check bikesbl.org and atlbike.org they post rides all the time. Especially atlbike.org since it's in their neck of the woods. Even though it says atlbike, it's mostly people that live NW outside the perimeter.

Also another thing to mention is that there are evening rides out of Decatur on Mon, Tues & Thurs that go thru the winter at 6:30PM, which aren't too far from Inman Park. I'm in the Va Highlands and just ride to the start and back; it would be just a little farther for you. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you the information. They usually have anywhere from 10-40 people depending on how nice the weather is.